• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Dam it!,,,again!,,,,,I sent TC a E mail week ago!,,,,no wonder he hasn't answered! LOL!!!

This just isn't my day,,,,I'm going to bed!!! LOL!!:ambivalence:

That

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/1/13
I might have to pick up one of these bp's while I wait for noob ssd v2 project parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grifter

Known Member
28/6/10
I'm being lazy and just have a quick question:

Does the bezel on these BpSD's pop off like gen or do I have to disassemble her to get it off?

TIA!!

benatkinson

Horology Curious
18/1/14
Any word yet on which dealer this was bought from?? seems like you could send a lot of custom his way, especially mine that looks fantastic!

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Yes it's gen construction just put a bezel knife ipunder and pop her off... Just be careful and go slowly, putting it back on make sure you don't bend it..

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
And benatkinson all dealers clan get this watch.. Pick one and buy it.. It is a great rep out of the box..

IWC Doppelchronograph

29/4/13
Looking at my BPSD copy before mods and my TC caddell (V6 with reverse date) I find the glass a little less convincing, looks a bit 'milky' in comparison to the TC crystal, I'm talking small differences, but noticeable when worn. Can the BP glass be changed for gen crystal ?

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
Looking at my BPSD copy before mods and my TC caddell (V6 with reverse date) I find the glass a little less convincing, looks a bit 'milky' in comparison to the TC crystal, I'm talking small differences, but noticeable when worn. Can the BP glass be changed for gen crystal ?

crystal is not exchangeable

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
If your glass is milky, there must be film on it is moisture. All the dwellers I have seen are crystal clear. In fact, so clear you can see every flaw on a dial,

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

IWC Doppelchronograph

29/4/13
Sorry if my description is perhaps misleading, by slightly milky I mean it has less clear brightness to the glass than my TC sub, the TC somehow has greater transparency, not huge but enough to notice on the wrist. In some ways this for me helps the TC feel very gen. It looks clear but the TC looks clearer if that makes sense. It has more sparkle, the black face on the TC looks 'inkier'. I can live with it, no problem but if I could swap to gen I would be tempted

waterproofpt

7/4/13
BC Canada
Hope this is still on topic, but considering all that has been said on this thread about the TC Sub and the BP SD ... and considering what is new for these pieces, which would you get for your first Rolex rep .... IF having the SD vs the Classic Sub is not the determining factor. Been looking at the TC Caddell Sub ... which is $495 and the BP Classic Sub ... and the Classic Seadweller 16600 Super Lumed Swiss ETA2836 decorated to 3135 BP ... which is $328. Wondering how these stack up to each other with respect to the issues being discussed here. I've read the entire thread and must say, without seeing either, I just don't know. Any thoughts? Again ... taking the fact that one is the SD and the other is a Sub out of the discussion. Do these represent the best of whats available ... without having to do further mods ... or would either one or both of these be better with a gen insert. Would the Sub be better with a TC Bracelet?
If this should be on a new thread ... let me know ... and I'll repost. I'm pretty new, but love the discussions and the info.
[h=1][/h]

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I'm my opinion a BPSD with a TC bracelet is hard to beat for the money. The last BPSD I got had better printing on the dial and the bezel was better than the first batch. Just my thoughts.

korky7

Banned
6/2/09
Loving this watch, so tell me guys, is this watch still available from dealers and who is offering the best deal!
Thanks in advance.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
I'm my opinion a BPSD with a TC bracelet is hard to beat for the money. The last BPSD I got had better printing on the dial and the bezel was better than the first batch. Just my thoughts.
I agree 100%
Just received a new BP SD from Sead,,,the watch looks better than the first one I modded,,!

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Loving this watch, so tell me guys, is this watch still available from dealers and who is offering the best deal!
Thanks in advance.
Pick the dealer that best fits your needs not the one that's the cheapest. $15-$20 is not a big deal if you get poor service. JMHO