• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Sub "Ultimate" and "SASH" question

Rollex

Renowned Member
3/3/07
Alright So I have some dumb questions. i've been checking out my sub and all the other subs I could find with pictures of the case and the Serial Numbers Underneath where it says stainless steel.

D320840 is what my Sash watch has etched on it.

today I was surfing though http://www.ttwristwatch.com site and noticed that his "Submariner SS Black "ULTIMATE" - Swiss ETA 2836-2"

and noticed the Same D320840 etched on it.. all his cheaper subs have different SN #

Does this mean maybe that sash gets the same Sub Case?

or did they just decide to use the same Etching?

I know, I know dumb question :)

Mine -
rolexreview11low1iv9.jpg

His -
ROLSUB0017_20.JPG

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Just be glad you got Rolex with a D serial although not the very most current letter, the reps makers have been using the F serial for such along time and if you order a modern updated style with an F its a obvious rep. Many of the newer style reps have an F etched inside the inner dial ring at the six position as well as in between the lugs.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Your most welcome of course. I think the current letter is Z but D was just recently used also and you'll probably find many D's in the ADs display case.

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
Dukie said:
Has anyone here modded A sash watch?

I own one that Z80 modified.

frontcrop2wb5.jpg

p8080007cd0.jpg

p8080014gm1.jpg

Here is his original description of what he did:

"Sorry I don't have pics of it pre-modding, I didn't get my new camera until a day after I got the watch and I had this puppy completely broken down about an hour after I ripped the package open.. here is a copy from my post on the other board and the pics.. Let me know what you think.

This is mostly a Sash Best Sub. When I got the Sash Sub I was pretty pleased, but noticed some things that just didn't sit right with me. First and most noticable was the position of the date, too far to the right, but the cyclops was right over the date making for a nice looking date, just not in the right spot. The next thing was the height of the crystal, it seemed a hair too low, and lastly the wight of the whole watch was a bit on the light side. Now, don't look at this as a negative review of the Sash Best... It's definately a very nice watch. Now here is what I did to it.

Complete disassemble (just the watch not the movement)
Total Cape Cod polish (notice the rehaut has lost it's dullness) and the bracelet is much smoother now.
Installed complete movement, dial and hands from an older TWG Best (before the Ultimate and Perfect was released) This put the date in the right spot as the TWG one got that better, however this opened up another problem as the TWG crystal would not work..
Dug through my parts box and installed a crystal from a 2 year old Abay Yachtmaster (perfect fit and cyclops location)
Put everything back together using the case back from before mentioned Yachtmaster which was a perfect fit and literally weighed twice as much as the Sash case back
Gave it a final polishing and there we go.. all took about 2hrs while watching TV.
Not "Perfect", but not bad. Wouldn't mind a re-lume and a genuine bezel pearl. "

Hope that helps you Dukie.

Niko

Renowned Member
25/7/06
chief3630 said:
Dukie said:
Has anyone here modded A sash watch?

I own one that Z80 modified.

frontcrop2wb5.jpg

p8080007cd0.jpg

p8080014gm1.jpg

Here is his original description of what he did:

"Sorry I don't have pics of it pre-modding, I didn't get my new camera until a day after I got the watch and I had this puppy completely broken down about an hour after I ripped the package open.. here is a copy from my post on the other board and the pics.. Let me know what you think.

This is mostly a Sash Best Sub. When I got the Sash Sub I was pretty pleased, but noticed some things that just didn't sit right with me. First and most noticable was the position of the date, too far to the right, but the cyclops was right over the date making for a nice looking date, just not in the right spot. The next thing was the height of the crystal, it seemed a hair too low, and lastly the wight of the whole watch was a bit on the light side. Now, don't look at this as a negative review of the Sash Best... It's definately a very nice watch. Now here is what I did to it.

Complete disassemble (just the watch not the movement)
Total Cape Cod polish (notice the rehaut has lost it's dullness) and the bracelet is much smoother now.
Installed complete movement, dial and hands from an older TWG Best (before the Ultimate and Perfect was released) This put the date in the right spot as the TWG one got that better, however this opened up another problem as the TWG crystal would not work..
Dug through my parts box and installed a crystal from a 2 year old Abay Yachtmaster (perfect fit and cyclops location)
Put everything back together using the case back from before mentioned Yachtmaster which was a perfect fit and literally weighed twice as much as the Sash case back
Gave it a final polishing and there we go.. all took about 2hrs while watching TV.
Not "Perfect", but not bad. Wouldn't mind a re-lume and a genuine bezel pearl. "

Hope that helps you Dukie.

Thats a great looking sub Chris.

N.

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
Dukie said:
Damnit Chief!! thats the one I wanted to buy off Z80 :D

how do you like it so far?

Do you have anymore pix of it :D

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/index.php?showtopic=28666&hl=

Lol, sorry Dukie. I've had it a few weeks now. I did a pic set here:

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16663&highlight=

I love the sub, no doubt about it. What a classic, and z80 did a great job.

There are plenty of subs out there, have fun snagging one or modding one up of your own!

Rollex

Renowned Member
3/3/07
thanks for the link Chief, Congrats on the watch, it's a beauty. :)