Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

116610lv - hulk - owners club - post em if you got em

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 116610lv - hulk - owners club - post em if you got em

116610LV - HULK - Owner's Club - post em if you got em

i'd like to give a shout out to Bonesey for initially starting such awesome anticipation and initial review threads for this long awaited rep. there have been a few versions out now and along with the very good noob version and even more recent releases i think it's time for all us Hulks to band together and represent.

this is such an anticipated watch and there has been tons of debate on the fora about the colors not being correct etc. blah blah. the reality is that the green sunburst dial and the green shiny ceramic bezel are almost impossible to accurately represent in photos. even in real life the watch RADICALLY changes its look depending on the ambient light and the direction of light it's reflecting.

check out this collection of all gen pics and see for yourself how the green looks different in almost all the pics.

so lets not sweat the small stuff and celebrate our love of green.
    only requirement to join the Hulk club is to of course own one and then post a pic of it here in this thread. doesn't matter what version you've got, the more variety here the better.

i'm including the .pngs of the little emblems in the title graphic here at the bottom of the post so feel free to scoop them and use them in your signatures if you want.

now on to the fun...me first.
    mine's the noob version released recently this summer, mods include, of course my 4P bezel mod, correct handset, fabulous pBdad pearl and the bracelet engraving paint mod.
    :jellyg:

• Flinnt
    replied
    As others have demonstrated, Clean Factory insert isn’t the answer to our prayers for a gen like insert. So with the hulk it’s about choosing an insert that suits your personal tastes.

Leave a comment:

• Flinnt
    replied
    Originally posted by zach_1622 View Post

Thanks! The bezel numbers looks dark grey, but the clean bezel should be real platium, right? Maybe it's hard light conditions that makes it looks darker than in real life. What do you recon? Do you still have the original noob bezel to compare with?
    In real life they look platinum with a tinge of gold mixed in. They do look dark out of direct light but not as dark as on those photos. In direct light they definitely look platinum. It’s a chameleon and constantly changing in different lighting which is what I love about the hulk.

My Noob insert looks white on the numbers. I had to use a loupe before I realised there is something silvery there. But to naked eye it just looks white. Light or dark it looks white with light on it or white without light on it. No chameleon at all.

Different people will have different preferences here. I see people wanting the numbers to be bright in the dark, Clean Factory numbers aren’t and the gold hue amongst the platinum is more noticeable. In bright light it looks very platinum and not so much noticeable with the gold hue. It doesn’t look white at all. It’s amazing in its changes in different lighting, the noob isn’t.

But some will prefer the noob from reading what they’re after on here. Not me, the Clean insert looks way better to my tastes and gives me what I want.

Leave a comment:

• zach_1622
    replied
    Originally posted by Flinnt View Post

Indoors in afternoon with no direct sunlight:
    sorry for crappy phone photos

Thanks! The bezel numbers looks dark grey, but the clean bezel should be real platium, right? Maybe it's hard light conditions that makes it looks darker than in real life. What do you recon? Do you still have the original noob bezel to compare with?
    Last edited by zach_1622; 15-10-19, 17:11.

Leave a comment:

• d3xophen
    replied

IMO the color of numbers on insert need to mod..

Leave a comment:

• Flinnt
    replied

Yes, no direct sunlight would be nice! Indoor midday or outdoors when it's cloudy but bright :-)

Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• zach_1622
    replied

I can. Give me a day or two to get to it.
    Indoor natural light, do you mean not in direct sunlight but still sunlight lighting the room?
    Yes, no direct sunlight would be nice! Indoor midday or outdoors when it's cloudy but bright :-)

Thanks man!

Leave a comment:

• mrsullivan
    replied
    Originally posted by d3xophen View Post

what dial is it?
    FF, it's a factory dealt by a TD on a sister forum.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Flinnt
    replied

This seems to be the ultimate build without going franken. How did the ARF bracelet fit the noob case? Can you take some pics indoor in natural light?
    I can. Give me a day or two to get to it.
    Indoor natural light, do you mean not in direct sunlight but still sunlight lighting the room?

Leave a comment:

• zach_1622
    replied

Noob V9, Prof crystal, Clean insert, ARF bracelet, Gen ETA 2836.2
    This seems to be the ultimate build without going franken. How did the ARF bracelet fit the noob case? Can you take some pics indoor in natural light?

Leave a comment:

• d3xophen
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsullivan View Post
    FF Hulk, about to get modded.

what dial is it?

Leave a comment:

• mrsullivan
    replied
    FF Hulk, about to get modded.

Leave a comment:

• TaizDhaar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• T&E
    replied
    Hi friends

Inviato dal mio SM-N960F utilizzando Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Ramone50000
    replied
    Originally posted by Essray View Post

I hesitate to pair my hulk with a green strap. Mine is gen, but in consider the color match and is it too much green. Thoughts?

I thought it'd be too green too, but I got tired of the steel bracelet and really wanted a rubber strap for swimming. Tried on black and black with green stripe - didn't like them. The green strap ended up looking the best out of the 3.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Ramone50000; 08-10-19, 12:12.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X