• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610lv - hulk - owners club - post em if you got em

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
94b7cd0f524da9867762d1ce4944d894.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
It's been a while so thought I'd throw it on for a bit.
79fe4c64e6b17f116e09330d79f54190.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dave O

Known Member
27/3/20
NorCal
Just received my ARF V3 yesterday. I love it!!! Now I just need to decide which bracelet to use. I think I prefer the Rubber B.

Reactions: tenx139

Doc brown

1/11/17
Cheers.

My first VR movement and I’ve got to say I am impressed, it’s keeping COSC time and the DW is spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats good news. Mine has been shipped finally. Hope my DW is that nice.

Dave O

Known Member
27/3/20
NorCal
what made you choose the ARF vs ZZF?

A few reasons. One, I can't stand the crown lugs on the ZZF. Instant giveaway to me. Two, many people say when they get a ZZF you need to "get an ARF bracelet, ARF hands, better crystal etc.". Why not just get it from the start? Three, many people say the bezel feel and action is much better than the ZZF. I don't know what the ZZF feels like, but the ARF is VERY close to my gen in feel and movement. And don't get me started on the rehault. Double XX? Really? Instant giveaway. The ARF rehault is very good, no XX but still is not nearly as good as the gen under a loop. From the naked eye it is fine.

A lot of people are picking the ZZF because they think the dial and insert colors are better and never mind all of the issues I have stated above. But when I look at Jtimes compare threads the camera shots are not all taken at the same light or angle. Some of the pics of the ARF dial do in fact look VERY close to gen when both are at the same angle and lighting - yet no one talks about this. Is the ZZF dial and insert colors better? They may very well be. But I am completely happy with the colors on the ARF.

Bottom line, for whatever reason there is a lot of hype for the ZZF. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a great rep and many people are happy with it. But all the things above steered me to the ARF and I have no regrets. Some people say the case lugs are too fat but I just can't see the difference from the gen - at least not to the naked eye. And to top it all off, it is only running 1 sec/day fast (2824 movement) - better than my gen! It is simply a beautiful watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: masterpiece777

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
...... people are picking the ZZF because they think the dial and insert colors are better and never mind all of the issues I have stated above. But when I look at Jtimes compare threads the camera shots are not all taken at the same light or angle. Some of the pics of the ARF dial do in fact look VERY close to gen when both are at the same angle and lighting - yet no one talks about this. Is the ZZF dial and insert colors better? They may very well be. But I am completely happy with the colors on the ARF.

Bottom line, for whatever reason there is a lot of hype for the ZZF. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a great rep and many people are happy with it. But all the things above steered me to the ARF and I have no regrets. Some people say the case lugs are too fat but I just can't see the difference from the gen - at least not to the naked eye. And to top it all off, it is only running 1 sec/day fast (2824 movement) - better than my gen! It is simply a beautiful watch.

I fully agree on all your points.
Funny to see how a TD tweak the QC pics to more saturated green on insert (colour manipulation I am talking about). READ HERE and the next few post below it to see what I'm talking about.
That is why from the start people been flocking over to cheers for ZZ, as well as this new TD.
​​​​​Remember at a point of time a member shared a first side by side v2s with a Gen, and the ZZF V2S looks quite different from the Gen and everyone is so sad, and as if they've been cheated. The reason is most of member here purely based on photos from TD, on a screen. When it place next to a Gen, all rep will have deviation, relative to Gen. And they don't realize that.
We need to draw conclusion for our purchase, not hype. None the less the Clean V3 insert on a ZZ v2S have a nice color on its own, less pale than an ARF.

Cheers for Dave O for your new purchase!

tonyxc2001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/19
Just received this today... she is a beauty - the only thing I would change is the clasp.
54965765859ac76c00ebab7eadca583b.jpg
596b24a338b269a37a9adaf06c1b6177.jpg

Sent from my SM-F900F using Tapatalk