• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610lv - hulk - owners club - post em if you got em

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
I have an "older" VRF MAX 28xx with the BP Miyota dial, and I know the font is different than this... where did you order the BP dials from?

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
I recall seeing a post where someone had a BP dial and smoke made the call that it was not a BP Miyota dial. I think there is a BP hulk dial in addition to the BP Miyota hulk dial, and we hulk people have gotten in the habit of referring to the latter as just the "BP dial"...

I'll see if I can find the post.

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
I recall seeing a post where someone had a BP dial and smoke made the call that it was not a BP Miyota dial. I think there is a BP hulk dial in addition to the BP Miyota hulk dial, and we hulk people have gotten in the habit of referring to the latter as just the "BP dial"...

I'll see if I can find the post.

I also believe that is correct. I think I remember BP making full Hulks and had different dials. I have a BP Miyota dial. I apologize for any confusion due to shorthand.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
I found the thread - if you start a page 2 and read into page 3 you'll see where smoke is disputing that Johnny Depp is using a BP Miyota dial. Johnny says it's a BP Miyota, but on page 3 smoke says it looks more like a 28 BP dial.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...for-hulk/page2

When I first read the post I missed the fact that smoke makes a distinction between the BP dial of the VRF 28xx (which he evidently doesn't think is great) vs. the BP Miyota dial (which he really likes).

So now I'm totally confused because I thought that the "first batch" VRF MAX (which had the 28xx movement) had the "BP Miyota" dial.

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Forget the bp myota dial they stopped production long ago bro

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
VaderTime also recently bought a BP Hulk dial that was nothing like the BP Miyota dials of old, so they are clearly out of production. I bought mine in a BP Miyota Sub in April of 2018, so it hasn't been THAT long ago.

sfgerl the first batch of VRF Max 2836's did have dials that were visually identical to the good BP Miyotas (short f in ft. 300 m - space, same color and flare qualities) and the rumor was they were BP "Miyota" dials although obviously the feet are in different places but I've swapped out dials from rep factories that had two feet ground off - rep dials sometimes come with both ETA and DG/Miyota feet on them. Whether or not VRF used BP dials is less important I think than just finding the best one now for your Franken. In the end the BP and the VRF you have and the ZZF would all serve that purpose equally as well. You should sell all your others when you finish your Franken though so you can't look back and drive yourself crazy, lol. The difference is negligible and not worth any anguish.

Reactions: Hazing

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
You should sell all your others when you finish your Franken though so you can't look back and drive yourself crazy, lol. The difference is negligible and not worth any anguish.

This is what's driving me mad at the moment. I finally finished the hulk and I'm still ordering other inserts and dials to compare and obsess. It's maddening. Lol.

But all in good fun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
This is what's driving me mad at the moment. I finally finished the hulk and I'm still ordering other inserts and dials to compare and obsess. It's maddening. Lol.

But all in good fun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

+1 on selling the others. You saw me sell off my spare Hulks. Now I only have the one franken and sleep easily at night. :)

Reactions: KJ2020 and Hazing

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
+1 on selling the others. You saw me sell off my spare Hulks. Now I only have the one franken and sleep easily at night. :)

But how long did you have 3 Hulks? How long did it take to get up to 3?

I’m up to two and just enough miscellaneous parts for at least a 3rd with a clean dial on its way. And the parts are part of the problem because I think I always try to end up with like enough parts for 1 whole hulk. I’m all for learning from the forums collective experiences in trying to maintain or save some sanity, I keep saying I’m going to get rid of the 2nd hulk but I just can’t do it. Every time I’m on the cusp of listing it, I tell myself “I’ll wait just one more day”. It’s interesting that you guys Duc and KJ2020 are talking about the very issue that’s weighs on my mind. That’s the problem though is that I’ve been on the hulk-build-obsession for so long that it’s a hard habit to break.

I wish I read this yesterday as I just paid for the clean dial (high boils down to probably one or two weeks worth of obsession, at least) like 5 hours ago. Which is good because it gives me time to mentally prepare to put this in a box and walk away. I love having a good hulk - a wearable hulk but I think that’s good advice. Once the new dial gets here, I’ll check it out and try to move on from the build obsession.

:thumbup:

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
L6dt2.jpg

ARF SH3135V2

Last edited:
Reactions: tictoc1987

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
KJ2020 My VRF MAX Hulk is from the Fall of 2018 and the dial has the short "f" and the 300 (space) m - which I think is period correct - it also seems to have that "pop", so maybe I got lucky. I didn't take it apart, so can't comment on the feet issue. I sent photos of it to smoke and he liked it - so that's cool. We all know there's nothing like gen, but it seems BP is the next best dial there is to date - unless the CF dial blows it out of the water!
Hazing we must be brother-sister from the same mother. :drinks_cheers: I have a CF dial on order, too. It is so darned easy to obsess over the dials, etc. Gotta chill after this, and take the advice from Duc above! I'll probably sell off my stock ARF Hulk and my stock VRF 3135 Hulk and just keep my frankened Hulk and my VRF MAX Hulk with the BP dial and gen crystal as my "spare".

Well, it's all fun in the rep game, and there are worse addictions out there!

Last edited:

VaderTime

9/10/17
VaderTime also recently bought a BP Hulk dial that was nothing like the BP Miyota dials of old, so they are clearly out of production. I bought mine in a BP Miyota Sub in April of 2018, so it hasn't been THAT long ago.

sfgerl the first batch of VRF Max 2836's did have dials that were visually identical to the good BP Miyotas (short f in ft. 300 m - space, same color and flare qualities) and the rumor was they were BP "Miyota" dials although obviously the feet are in different places but I've swapped out dials from rep factories that had two feet ground off - rep dials sometimes come with both ETA and DG/Miyota feet on them. Whether or not VRF used BP dials is less important I think than just finding the best one now for your Franken. In the end the BP and the VRF you have and the ZZF would all serve that purpose equally as well. You should sell all your others when you finish your Franken though so you can't look back and drive yourself crazy, lol. The difference is negligible and not worth any anguish.

Very true, the BP hulk dial I got was completely off. Nothing was right lol.

I am thinking about getting rid of my franken hulk when the new ZZF comes out and franken that hulk all over again.......this is really addicting like a few members mentioned above lol

Astro55

Known Member
6/11/19
Do or do not. There is no try.

I am thinking about getting rid of my franken hulk when the new ZZF comes out and franken that hulk all over again.......this is really addicting like a few members mentioned above lol

I was thinking the same - however the QC issues on the LN have me concerned and the finish of the zzf are no where near some of the ARF v3’s I have seen.

Lets wait for the release - should be interesting

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18

Out of curiosity, if you get a chance, can you post a photo of the BP dial you got?