• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610lv - hulk - owners club - post em if you got em

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
I'm very interested in getting the Hulk. But does ARF make the Hulk with the SH3135V2? I seem to only find the LN with SH3135V2 but not the Hulk.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
r5C1K.jpg

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Looks great! What are the specs?

Thank you!

Case: Noob V7 SA3135 with perfect lugs and CG handpicked by smoke, refinished by Backwoods Watch Mods (Supporting vendor here)
Bracelet: Noob V6S with Gene'va' clasp, rebrushed and clasp edges rounded, glidelock action refined by Backwoods Watch Mods
Dial: Noob V7 dial, good batch with dark green color & refined sunburst, perfect font and spacing
Dial markers and hands rhodium plated by Tomrep (on Repgeek) for gen white-gold 'flicker' effect. This makes a lot of difference vs Chinese dull steel. Instant tell if you have handled a gen Rolex.
Bezel: LocoLouie insert with Spongebob platinum sputter mod, ARF pearl
Crystal: 295C-CAR with LEC/AR
Date disc: Gen
Build time: 17 months!

I hope to post a build thread in the near future with numerous rep vs gen pics.

51dCf.jpg

51q3X.jpg

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Thank you!

Case: Noob V7 SA3135 with perfect lugs and CG handpicked by smoke, refinished by Backwoods Watch Mods (Supporting vendor here)
Bracelet: Noob V6S with Gene'va' clasp, rebrushed and clasp edges rounded, glidelock action refined by Backwoods Watch Mods
Dial: Noob V7 dial, good batch with dark green color & refined sunburst, perfect font and spacing
Dial markers and hands rhodium plated by Tomrep (on Repgeek) for gen white-gold 'flicker' effect. This makes a lot of difference vs Chinese dull steel. Instant tell if you have handled a gen Rolex.

Low res wrist-shot:
5VCFR.jpg

Fire very cool peice love it

Reactions: phdsjain

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Thank you!

Low res wrist-shot:

Mate, post more photos of the modded dial markers.
Very curious about the rhodium plating effect.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Mate, post more photos of the modded dial markers.
Very curious about the rhodium plating effect.

Certainly. I'll make a video comparing it with my gen GMT dial and hands.

I didn't opt for gen hands because I couldn't stand the lume mismatch. If one has handled both stock Noob Subs vs Gen parts, the white gold shine is really hard to miss. It gives gen the 'Gen' feeling.

The Noob hour hand isn't as curved as gen even though it's much nicer after the rhodium plating.

In my opinion, when it comes to Sub reps, the lume quality compares as follows:

BP < ARF < Noob << TC < Gen

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Thank you!

Those Louie bezel inserts are something else. I have the same with SpongeBob mod. Makes ALL the difference in the world.

Reactions: phdsjain

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
k4jun Vvvlllooo

Sharing some images and videos as received on WhatsApp by Tomrep when he did the work. Excuse the compression but it should give an idea.

Dial marker at 9, stock Noob:
5lddR.jpg

Dial marker at 9 after polishing and rhodium plating:
5lHng.jpg

Finished dial:
5lhzZ.jpg

Noob hands after mod:
5lOra.jpg

5l3fy.jpg

5lmzG.jpg

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
k4jun Vvvlllooo

Sharing some images and videos as received on WhatsApp by Tomrep when he did the work. Excuse the compression but it should give an idea.

Dial marker at 9, stock Noob:
5lddR.jpg

Dial marker at 9 after polishing and rhodium plating:
5lHng.jpg

Finished dial:
5lhzZ.jpg

Noob hands after mod:
5lOra.jpg

5l3fy.jpg

5lmzG.jpg

Nice thank you. Can he round the edges of the marker? How much was it and do you feel that it was worth it?

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Nice thank you. Can he round the edges of the marker? How much was it and do you feel that it was worth it?

He cannot round the edges of the marker, I did try to get him to. He doesn't remove the dial markers, he works on the dial with markers attached as there is a risk of spoiling the dial lacquer in the process. It cost me $275 for the dial and handset excluding shipping. I think it is worth only if one has a good base dial to work on i.e. for the Hulk which are far and few. The A2836 dials are terrible. Mine is luckily one of the better Noob 3135 ones as per the man Smoke himself. Perfect font size and spacing, the font color isn't crispy white like gen, it's slightly dull. Here is my stock rep before any mods next to mech500's erstwhile gen:

5SSfQ.jpg

Reactions: C Master

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
He cannot round the edges of the marker, I did try to get him to. He doesn't remove the dial markers, he works on the dial with markers attached as there is a risk of spoiling the dial lacquer in the process. It cost me $275 for the dial and handset excluding shipping. I think it is worth only if one has a good base dial to work on i.e. for the Hulk which are far and few. The A2836 dials are terrible. Mine is luckily one of the better Noob 3135 ones as per the man Smoke himself. Perfect font size and spacing, the font color isn't crispy white like gen, it's slightly dull. Here is my stock rep before any mods next to mech500's erstwhile gen:

5SSfQ.jpg

Cool thank you

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Pelagic nice hulk mate! Are the v9 markers better? Is the v9 dial available from TDs in order to take the markers? May i know who did the mods on them? Thanks!