• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610lv - hulk - owners club - post em if you got em

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
8YLkL.jpg

Reactions: Drifter

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Actually not
Gen insert
Gen Crystal
BP dial with gen markers
Gen Crystal
Gen date disc
Gen crown
Gen hands
V7 case with V6s bracelet
Sh3135 with gen parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice build

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I don’t wear this much lately, thinking of letting go to be honest..

Gen crystal, hands, DW, movement, Sponge insert mod, ARF 904 bracelet, Noob v7 watch
1ea5aee3131d449ad36c9d9872fa8105.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Nice, but put them both in the light and you will see the difference, that green has an emerald shine to it that no rep factory can produce yet.

You meant bright sunlight, I suppose.

I read it, as you were saying put the both in the same light. Which was done in the shown pictures.

Having the Hulk Noob V9 on my wrist now for 1-2 weeks, I am still amazed how many different faces this watch has. And I mean this in a good way.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Do you have a link to this video please? Just about to order a VRF so could be a deciding factor. Thanks in advance

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Hi, let me try to find it again. It's either on Youku or Youtube when I saw it. In fact I was in your shoes previously. Placed an order for the VRX Max and after seeing the video, I topped up and changed my order to the V9.

Another push factor was I heard the latest batch from VRF is not as good as before.

Mikeyboy0_3

Known Member
18/10/15
Yea I am not in a position to have a big budget at the moment so I feel that the VRF max is the best out of the box hulk. I did look at the noob v8 but as they are literally the v7 and in true noob style they are hit and miss on SELs and insert colour. Did you receive all watches? You love the v9?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Mikeyboy0_3

Known Member
18/10/15
Yea I am not in a position to have a big budget at the moment so I feel that the VRF max is the best out of the box hulk. I did look at the noob v8 but as they are literally the v7 and in true noob style they are hit and miss on SELs and insert colour. Did you receive all watches? You love the v9?

thestallion

Known Member
10/10/18
London, UK / Rome, Italy
Exklusive Mikeyboy0_3

As I read you guys were discussing this, here are some pictures VRF insert (sourced and modded by Spongebob) vs a V9 insert (by Ryan, inTime, ordered about a month ago).

Noob insert is always on top while VRF on the bottom (VRF installed on the watch).

NEGry.png

NE2Ra.png

NEk7g.png

NEMpR.png

It's not easy to picture the difference in the light conditions I had when taking those, I'll try tomorrow under sunlight, the most representative picture of the ones I posted is the second one where the color difference is quite noticeable, and to me the VRF insert has a nicer green than Noob! VRF is also quite close to gen, check here: https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/139140-rolex-submariner-116610lv-hulk-vrf-vs-gen/

Reactions: eltyrannos

Mikeyboy0_3

Known Member
18/10/15

Mikeyboy0_3

Known Member
18/10/15
Exklusive Mikeyboy0_3

As I read you guys were discussing this, here are some pictures VRF insert (sourced and modded by Spongebob) vs a V9 insert (by Ryan, inTime, ordered about a month ago).

Noob insert is always on top while VRF on the bottom (VRF installed on the watch).

NEGry.png

NE2Ra.png

NEk7g.png

NEMpR.png

It's not easy to picture the difference in the light conditions I had when taking those, I'll try tomorrow under sunlight, the most representative picture of the ones I posted is the second one where the color difference is quite noticeable, and to me the VRF insert has a nicer green than Noob! VRF is also quite close to gen, check here: https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/139140-rolex-submariner-116610lv-hulk-vrf-vs-gen/

Yea I’ve seen that thread, for weeks I have just read, looked at pictures and videos comparing every hulk ha members opinions, I really value as they have the watch in every light so can see the true tones! The VRF max is getting ordered this week!!
Always wanted this watch so very excited!

thestallion

Known Member
10/10/18
London, UK / Rome, Italy

I haven't properly studied the VRF version of the watch, I bought a V9 SA3135 then when I had to decide which insert to get modded I went for the VRF.

If it can help you I find myself satisfied with this build for the Hulk: V9 SA3135, ARF bracelet, Gen Crystal and VRF insert modded by Spongebob. It's a nice build for the price, as other users have mentioned some shades of green that the gen insert can offer haven't been replicated yet. Keep in mind that the green color of both the dial and the insert changes a lot based on the lightning.. I think when we're talking VRF or gen in real life, it's impossible to guess (from the insert color) when the watch is on someone's wrist in any space not under direct sunlight :)

Mikeyboy0_3

Known Member
18/10/15
From what I have read, the best upgrade in the VRF is the crystal! As funds are right, I wanted the best out of the box hulk and I think I made the right choice.
Payment sent and waiting for QCs off td ????????

Reactions: thestallion