• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610lv - hulk - owners club - post em if you got em

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
May I know the spec of yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course.

ZZF v2 case.
- Lightly polished rehaut.
Gen hands
Gen crystal
Gen datewheel
Gen crown
Gen springbars
BP 28xx dial (best sunburst and it goes black. Crisp lettering.)
- dial modded with ZZF/clean hour-markers (because of rounded edges and correct lume)
ARF bezelring
ARF clicksprings
Noob v9 insert with spongebob PPM (will be swapped with ZZF v2s insert when it arrives)
ZZF v2 bracelet + clasp (will be swapped with ARF bracelet when it arrives)

I've had a gen insert, but got rid of it to save money, so went with a v2s insert.

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
2/4/13
USA / Florida
Of course.

ZZF v2 case.
Gen hands
Gen crystal
Gen datewheel
Gen crown
Gen springbars
- dial modded with ZZF/clean hour-markers (because of rounded edges and correct lume)
ARF bezelring
ARF clicksprings
Noob v9 insert with spongebob PPM (will be swapped with ZZF v2s insert when it arrives)

I've had a gen insert, but got rid of it to save money, so went with a v2s insert.

What a build my friend best parts I think available without going gen when the zzf insert and arf bracelet comes you will have a rep colabo to make the best rep just amazing

Skydrag

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/15
Of course.

ZZF v2 case.
Gen hands
Gen crystal
Gen datewheel
Gen crown
Gen springbars
ARF bezelring
ARF clicksprings

great build my friend

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
LuoIsBoss oh nice. He does... he did good work. That came out awesome. And whether you prefer the BP or CF dial itself, one thing we can all agree is that CF markers are a step up.

Nice post. I really enjoyed seeing it. For me, while I’ve enjoyed (and even gotten kinda good) at taking the markers off, putting them back on is truly the tough part.

Use an old oiler and drop a couple blobs of BSI epoxy onto the dial. Drop the marker into the holes. That's it!

15670811830016.jpg

15670811830267.jpg

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Use an old oiler and drop a couple blobs of BSI epoxy onto the dial. Drop the marker into the holes. That's it!

15670811830016.jpg

15670811830267.jpg
Awesome. Thank you. For me it's not so much about the technique I should use but it's the practice of doing it. Especially on a hulk dial. The sunburst might make things tough.

I have a few cheap dials I practiced removing the markers. Sometime soon I'm going to practice putting them back on.

For me, I'm worried about the steady hand it will require to place them on the dial.

Also im worried about a shifting marker leaving glue on an exposed part of the dial.

How long do I have before it hardens? Or do I get one shot to place the marker on the dial? Will I be able to remove some if the adhesive does 'bleed'

You don't tape it off at all? To line up the markers.

What I'm holding out for is a better set up to hold the dial in place so it doesn't shift or move.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Awesome. Thank you. For me it's not so much about the technique I should use but it's the practice of doing it. Especially on a hulk dial. The sunburst might make things tough.

I have a few cheap dials I practiced removing the markers. Sometime soon I'm going to practice putting them back on.

For me, I'm worried about the steady hand it will require to place them on the dial.

Also im worried about a shifting marker leaving glue on an exposed part of the dial.

How long do I have before it hardens? Or do I get one shot to place the marker on the dial? Will I be able to remove some if the adhesive does 'bleed'

You don't tape it off at all? To line up the markers.

What I'm holding out for is a better set up to hold the dial in place so it doesn't shift or move.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The marker can't shift if you get the pins in the holes. BSI epoxy is 30 min setting time, great stuff. If some bleeds over you can use alcohol to completely remove it, with a saturated toothpick inside a damp lens cloth. I always test a tiny swipe with an alcohol damp lens cloth outside the minute tics. On newer glossy dials I've not had one yet that could not tolerate a few quick swipes and not leave a trace of damage or alteration. I had a really challenging coronet swap on one dial and had to alcohol swipe off the whole area well into the dial 3 - 4 times before getting it right. Use a movement holder to anchor a dial while working on it. I like a delrin holder for working on dials. Zeiss lens cleaning cloths are awesome, leaves no scratches on anything. Their wipes are great too I use those on crystals.

https://www.esslinger.com/bergeon-4039-p-synthetic-reversible-watch-movement-holder/

https://www.amazon.com/Zeiss-Jumbo-...efix=zeiss+lens+cleaning+cloth,aps,181&sr=8-3

Reactions: Hazing

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Of course.

ZZF v2 case.
Gen hands
Gen crystal
Gen datewheel
Gen crown
Gen springbars
ARF bezelring
ARF clicksprings

Sick build!!