• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610lv - hulk - owners club - post em if you got em

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
Hi. guys I'm building my second LV. Been two years since my last build.
But I'm really trying to figure out who makes the best dial in terms of SUNBURST, COLOR and TEXT. Our markers doesn't matter, because I'm getting installed the awesome ZZF hour markers.
What do you think? I'm hearing BP should be the best, but also hard to source.

Yes, BP is hands down the best dial.

​​​​​​

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
BP dial really is nice. I don't know if it's because it's new (built and on wrist) and I'm just in that honeymoon phase, but I think this setup is really nice short of a 5 to 6k gen setup.

If you're talking about color and sunburst, the BP dial is amazingly close in almost all conditions and I think it's biggest flaw is really insignificant but it is also the one everyone uses to judge these dials. It is really close to the real deal with the biggest tell being indoor lighting in photographs. And that's what everyone uses to judge these. In person through? Through the naked eye, it's hard to spot the difference. Especially if you change the markers.

For me, to spot a rep, the markers are always the main things I look for.
55760af2e1c4496941835ae3c3ee1d62.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Therion666

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
Additional support, here’s a Noob, ARF, and BP dial. Notice the BP shade of green is much better and the sunburst effect is less grainy. Definitely go with BP if you can source.

pecupecu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/19
BP dial really is nice. I don't know if it's because it's new (built and on wrist) and I'm just in that honeymoon phase, but I think this setup is really nice short of a 5 to 6k gen setup.

If you're talking about color and sunburst, the BP dial is amazingly close in almost all conditions and I think it's biggest flaw is really insignificant but it is also the one everyone uses to judge these dials. It is really close to the real deal with the biggest tell being indoor lighting in photographs. And that's what everyone uses to judge these. In person through? Through the naked eye, it's hard to spot the difference. Especially if you change the markers.

For me, to spot a rep, the markers are always the main things I look for.
55760af2e1c4496941835ae3c3ee1d62.jpg

one thing that really bothers me in most sunburst rep dials are those curved glares, that doesnt happens on the gen watches. The gens have a very subtle effect. How does the BP behaves in those situations?

Here is a pic

glare.jpg

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
one thing that really bothers me in most sunburst rep dials are those curved glares, that doesnt happens on the gen watches. The gens have a very subtle effect. How does the BP behaves in those situations?

Here is a pic

glare.jpg

I don’t think it’s the curved glares that are the only culprit here. It’s how grainy v smooth the dial is. The more grainy, the more noticeable the curved glares. Please note the curved glares are present in gen models as well. See below. The BP dials’ curves are far less noticeable than Noob or ARF. I know because I’ve had them all.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I don’t think it’s the curved glares that are the only culprit here. It’s how grainy v smooth the dial is. The more grainy, the more noticeable the curved glares. Please note the curved glares are present in gen models as well. See below. The BP dials’ curves are far less noticeable than Noob or ARF. I know because I’ve had them all.
29Sxj.jpg

Gen goes very dark in dial areas in sun..while reps light up as Christmas trees or looks like fireworks. Once seen can’t unsee

Last edited:
Reactions: Duc

pecupecu

28/2/19

I believe the grain has nothing to do with the glare. I have the ARF OP, that is not very grainy, and its an absolute crap with horrible glares. I also have the BP DD 41 with the blue platinum dial, that is very grainy (like the gen), and it has no glares at all.

I dont know what causes it, but its a big tell!

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Additional support, here’s a Noob, ARF, and BP dial. Notice the BP shade of green is much better and the sunburst effect is less grainy. Definitely go with BP if you can source.

BP is the best out of all the reps. Gen, there is no comparison.

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
I believe the grain has nothing to do with the glare. I have the ARF OP, that is not very grainy, and its an absolute crap with horrible glares. I also have the BP DD 41 with the blue platinum dial, that is very grainy (like the gen), and it has no glares at all.

I dont know what causes it, but its a big tell!

The curved glares happen in gen as well, albeit less noticeable without direct sunlight. I posted a gen Bluesy with the curves. Here’s a gen Hulk with curved glares.

I think you’re right that the graininess of the dial doesn’t play into the curved glares. The grainy look of the Noob and ARF dials is just a quality difference from Gen. The curved glares are less noticeable on gen due to how deep and dark the gen dial can be in most lighting situations.

pecupecu

28/2/19
BP is the best out of all the reps. Gen, there is no comparison.

is it the best in dial department, but what about the rest? is the bezel good? the color? the platinum paint? depth of the numbers? People dont talk about the BP hulk. Would like to learn more about it

pecupecu

28/2/19
Here’s a gen Hulk with curved glares.

Yes, but they never get as thin and ugly as in the reps. They are bigger and not as harsh. Its a very subtle sunburst. It deals with light in a very elegant way. In the blusey that you have posted they look like what I see in reps, but I´ve never seen that on a gen hulk.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
is it the best in dial department, but what about the rest? is the bezel good? the color? the platinum paint? depth of the numbers? People dont talk about the BP hulk. Would like to learn more about it

Only thing good about bp hulk is the dial..the rest of the makers surpasses it. Hulk is the most expensive watch to rep..trust me spent close to gen price making one..have to replace too many things to make it correct

Reactions: pecupecu

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
Only thing good about bp hulk is the dial..the rest of the makers surpasses it. Hulk is the most expensive watch to rep..trust me spent close to gen price making one..have to replace too many things to make it correct

Ditto. Mine is only missing a gen dial but I’m more than happy with the BP and saving the money.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Hazing

9/5/19

Here is a pic

glare.jpg
I can't see that picture but I know exactly what you're talkin about if that's what the picture shows.

The camera is the biggest enemy of the rep hulk and even with a BP dial that happens but you only see it through the camera lens in artificial light. In sunlight or overcast the color is smooth and even. I have never seen that curved Shimmer with my naked eye on a BP dial in any lighting condition. At least I haven't noticed it yet.

Hazing

9/5/19
There are a few threads that you should read through in the Rolex section. There is one on the noob V10, there is one on the new ARF, there is one on Hulk dials and inserts where we compare them all really. That last one has some good comparisons.

Astro55

Known Member
6/11/19
Do or do not. There is no try.
There are a few threads that you should read through in the Rolex section. There is one on the noob V10, there is one on the new ARF, there is one on Hulk dials and inserts where we compare them all really. That last one has some good comparisons.

Also read some of Smoke’s threads - he did a great review of a VRF Hulk a while back.

The hulk is prolly one of the most covered watches on RWI - gl

Last edited:
Reactions: BBRSH