• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610lv - hulk - owners club - post em if you got em

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
694E42CA-08D3-4C9C-AFBC-D8F894116236dd927128c41fc578.jpg

Last edited:

sinnknowmore

Supporter
27/2/16
a0e75e96567f08050743e05aca9be8a5.jpg

Serviced Noob V6 by the late grate Tickleshoes. Still ticking and kicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: D5xs

bose2019

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/3/19
255dba9487f26fea8a7620621bd24e90.jpg
ecd9482c71eab76af07960a0908d557d.jpg

Noob v8 ETA, with change of insert. Sun and interior shots.
To do: change crystal to prof and fix date wheel to be cantered (move a bit to the right).

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I have the new ARF. Gen crystal came today... found a nice gen datewheel. I ordered the clean insert and the BP dial as well. Fingers crossed.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
Good combination of parts, looks nice.

Thanks. My first mod work. Next up is swapping in gen 2836 and then try my first go at servicing on the A2836 I pull out of it. Just waiting on my ETA and a few final tools to arrive.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks. My first mod work. Next up is swapping in gen 2836 and then try my first go at servicing on the A2836 I pull out of it. Just waiting on my ETA and a few final tools to arrive.

Good next step. I would advise practicing pulling and re-pressing hands on another more expendable watch first if you've never done it before. It's really easy to scratch or bend them until you develop a little skill.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
Good next step. I would advise practicing pulling and re-pressing hands on another more expendable watch first if you've never done it before. It's really easy to scratch or bend them until you develop a little skill.

Thanks for the tip. Will look at pulling an old watch out of the drawer, or do you think buying a cheapie similar clone would be better practice?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for the tip. Will look at pulling an old watch out of the drawer, or do you think buying a cheapie similar clone would be better practice?

A cheapie similar clone would definitely be better practice. The hand hole sizes, the hand shapes, the delicate second hand placement and pressing, all would be the best prep you can do for your Hulk. You really don't want to mess up those hands or the dial unnecessarily.

Tools I use

Hand levers (so much better than squeeze pullers)

https://www.esslinger.com/horotec-professional-swiss-watch-tool-hand-levers-2-5mm-set-of-2/

Hand pressers (this set OK to start with, I would sand down the soft ends lightly and ream out the holes a little with fine grit sandpaper, get rid of excess manufacturing material)

https://www.esslinger.com/watch-hand-tool-press-for-inserting-installing-wristwatch-hands-set-of-3/

Dial protectors (you can use a lot of plastic pieces - zip lock bags, etc. I like these because they help get under hands that are tight to the dial, also great for getting under a hand to gently bend it up when you need to, to clear a marker or another hand, for example)

https://www.esslinger.com/watch-dial-protectors-10-pack/

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
A cheapie similar clone would definitely be better practice. The hand hole sizes, the hand shapes, the delicate second hand placement and pressing, all would be the best prep you can do for your Hulk. You really don't want to mess up those hands or the dial unnecessarily.

Tools I use

Hand levers (so much better than squeeze pullers)

https://www.esslinger.com/horotec-professional-swiss-watch-tool-hand-levers-2-5mm-set-of-2/

Hand pressers (this set OK to start with, I would sand down the soft ends lightly and ream out the holes a little with fine grit sandpaper, get rid of excess manufacturing material)

https://www.esslinger.com/watch-hand-tool-press-for-inserting-installing-wristwatch-hands-set-of-3/

Dial protectors (you can use a lot of plastic pieces - zip lock bags, etc. I like these because they help get under hands that are tight to the dial, also great for getting under a hand to gently bend it up when you need to, to clear a marker or another hand, for example)

https://www.esslinger.com/watch-dial-protectors-10-pack/

Thanks for all the help. I have dial protectors, hand presser and unfortunately bought the squeeze pullers before reading enough but already decided I’m going to buy levers after reading more.

Is this style hand pusher any good or should I get better?

5-B6009-BD-A243-41-D9-B4-B5-72-E56038-FB96.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for all the help. I have dial protectors, hand presser and unfortunately bought the squeeze pullers before reading enough but already decided I’m going to buy levers after reading more.

Is this style hand pusher any good or should I get better?

5-B6009-BD-A243-41-D9-B4-B5-72-E56038-FB96.jpg

I've never used one like that, it looks like the presser handle could be wobbly and a little cumbersome. Maybe I would love it, IDK! I get my face right on top of the dial with eyeglass attached magnifiers and I like the control of the pencil type pressers. I take a few seconds to position the soft tip above the hand, make sure I'm perfectly perpendicular, rest it on the hole surround, exhale and push it home. It's all what you get used to and are comfortable with, try it and see since you already have it.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
I've never used one like that, it looks like the presser handle could be wobbly and a little cumbersome. Maybe I would love it, IDK! I get my face right on top of the dial with eyeglass attached magnifiers and I like the control of the pencil type pressers. I take a few seconds to position the soft tip above the hand, make sure I'm perfectly perpendicular, rest it on the hole surround, exhale and push it home. It's all what you get used to and are comfortable with, try it and see since you already have it.

I just had a play with it (without a watch). There’s a slight wobble but if I just use it as a stabiliser and push it using my hand to keep it straight it feels like I can do it fairly precisely. I just ordered a cheapie rolex rep to practice on and can also service the cheap 2813 movement in it prior to attempting the A2836.

Reactions: KJ2020

Skydrag

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/15
b605d9fc647d91bb5d4cdf19b576b67c.jpg

VRF Stock
Such a beauty. Only downside is the black hole effects not so deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk