• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex SeaDweller and DSSD

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
What £80 ?

No the total cost. The prices you've been quoted are pretty fair. But yes if you took a gen rolex into rolex for a service it would be a hell of a lot more than £80.

The thing is the closer you get to gen the more it is going to cost unless you look at a different model like the 114300 or JF Explorer which are a bit cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

I think if I use this chap I wouldnt be able to justify a sa3135 movement service in the cost .as he doesn't offset the fact that your not using a 2836. Or he's charging the cost of the 2836 plus the £80 extra .
Never simple :-(

ayylmao123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/16
Anyone know if the new dssd from ARF is any better than the noob v's .i see it has a 2824-2 and is 901 steel .I really wanted a ds4k blue but if this ARF is a better rep then I'm tempted to change my mind .
They're almost completely different models. The arf one has the Cyclops and possibly other features that are different so you can't really compare them

D

d4m.test

They're almost completely different models. The arf one has the Cyclops and possibly other features that are different so you can't really compare them
Well as far comparisons go I wanted to see which had more issues/flaws and I was going to go with the better rep .IF the arf turns out to be really good and has like maybe just a dodgy date wheel then I would sacrifice the overall look of the dssd for that model .How ever if it turns out that it's not as good as people hope 904 steel or not I would go with the V7 and getbthe odd issues sorted .

ayylmao123

16/7/16
Well as far comparisons go I wanted to see which had more issues/flaws and I was going to go with the better rep .IF the arf turns out to be really good and has like maybe just a dodgy date wheel then I would sacrifice the overall look of the dssd for that model .How ever if it turns out that it's not as good as people hope 904 steel or not I would go with the V7 and getbthe odd issues sorted .
First version of almost every rep is going to have quite a few flaws, I highly doubt it will have less flaws than the noob V7 of the older dssd model.

D

d4m.test

So I've been reading a little more and came accross another member who bought a BP version of the 2017 sea dweller from trusty time .Anyone know how that model stacks up against the ARF version and noob v7 if they do one .

D

d4m.test

If yours is not the SA3135, I would upgrade. Only issue I had with mine was the Crystal was to high, a quick trip to Tickleshoes and my movement was serviced and he put a new gasket in and it is the right hight- same as my Gen SD4k.
This is definitely a super rep! In fact the only difference I can see when I put them side by side (without a magnifying glass) are the reps hands are a hair different. My SA3135 SD4k even has the semi matte face- same as my Gen!
Out of the box (except crystal height- easily fix) this really made buying the Gen disappointing, as the Gen was big $$$. As far as reliability goes, I decided to leave the SA3135 (serviced) in it. I wanted to see if it would have any issues- so far this thing is perfect, keeps time perfectly! I also wear this watch everyday now (replaced the No date sub, I use to wear everyday) and no issues with the SA3135, and it is as silent as my Gen.
I have Yuki 's in a couple of my other Reps, but not sure it was worth it now. This serviced SA3135 is working great. I have 2 other reps that I am building, those will also stay SA3135. SoI will have 2 reps with Yuki's in them (gave the JF no date with the Yuki away) and 3 reps with the SA3135 in them. Will see if the SA stands the test if time!
sorry to recall an old post, but what was the cost of a sa3135 service ?

D

d4m.test

also guys nowadays would you recommend 2836 or sa3135 for an sd4k v2 which is in stock with Lucy as i have pmd her ?
thanks guys, read the whole thread, great job :angel:

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
sorry to recall an old post, but what was the cost of a sa3135 service ?

I don't pay normal service prices. My modder is VERY good to me, so I cannot comment on what I pay.
But I think if you can get a Complete service on a SA3135 for $160-$175!you are doing really good. 7750 cost more.

I also will say it again (because people keep PMing me on this) the SA3135 works as Gen, if you don't care if you rep has wrong crown position and functions differently than the Gen, they why would you be so picky about the other stuff stuff. Either you want the closest to Gen or not. If you wamt a 2836 or 2824 then you do not want closest possible to gen and just buy any if them. But don't sweat what the crown logo looks like because it isn't the right height on a 2836 anyway!

D

d4m.test

Anyone know if the BP 2017 sea dweller from trusty time is the closest rep to the sea dweller available ? Plus does anyone have any experience with a The 3235 that’s in it ?

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
bring it to a watchmaker, swap the movement, repair by yourself or buy a new watch ;) But i would stick to the first 2 options.

MaqAttaq1

Horology Curious
23/3/18
I’ve just ordered the James Cameron - it’s so big that I will have to wear it as an ankle bracelet
but i love the dial

LOUPE

10/9/17
bring it to a watchmaker, swap the movement, repair by yourself or buy a new watch ;) But i would stick to the first 2 options.

Where does one find a replacement movement? Can it be purchase directly or would it likely come from a doner?

I have the same movement and want to be prepared when it fails. And I’ll enjoy the process of learning how to make the movement swap with the helpful information on the forum.

JJS123

12/3/18
Conus
Are any of the recent DSSD releases that have come out this month include the updates that were released by Rolex at Basel World this year? I believe Rolex's new model includes wider lugs and an an updated/wider bracelet and resized oyster clasp.

Watch.dog.watching

Horology Curious
26/8/17
What do you guys think about the new ARF SD V2? I recently got one from Andrew at Trusty Time. It Looks and feels great but I noticed after unboxing it that the 6 O’clock marker is slightly crooked. I’m hoping to find a watch smith in Sydney who can Straiten it up for me.

Last edited: