• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Maxi markers on dial SUB Ceramic 116610 - GEN vs REP

dordonko

3/8/10
Hi,

i always thought (and i'm pretty sure ;) ) when i was looking the dial of my submariner ceramic 116610 that the maxi round markers had not the real size of the gen.

Am i right ?

Maybe it is just about the lume who is more flat with better and thinner metal border of the GEN marker ?

what is the diameter of the GEN markers ?

Do you know if it's possible to use GEN round markers on the noob sub c ?
because i haven't seen somebody who has done it

how much is it to buy those maxi markers ?

if it's not possible the more accurates ones are still the noob one ? or another maker

thanks

THE GEN :
submariner04.jpg

THE REP :
rlx116610lna313502enl.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
The issue is not with the diameter but with the thickness of the white gold surrounding the lume. You cannot buy the markers separate you would have to buy a whole dial ($500+).

The best ones I've seen so far are on the DSSD V7.

hzardous

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/12
I think the v7 will be the closest one to gen. Sorry i used DSSD as a model

ROLEX-2011-04-02-02_enl.jpg

dordonko

3/8/10
yes this is what i thought, the white gold border is thinner.

but the diameter is 100% accurate ?

For the deep sea, they look much better, we have to find V7 DSSD out of order or just the dial and make the change.

Some one already did it here or on other forums ?

Lot of work for such a small changement. My eyes will be happy because they are always attracted by the round markers and the pearl. :)

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Just order a V7 dial from a TD. Some dealers sell parts by themselves. Try Puretime, that's where I got mine.

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
If you buy a DSSD is it possible to take the markers out and use on Sub C? How easy/difficult is it to do this?