• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Womens 28mm DJ 279171

Davidaintgrizz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
I realised when researching to buy this watch that was scarcely any user resources available on the 279171 DateJust 28mm.
I've placed an order on a two-tone stainless + ever rose with olive diamonds dial. I ordered this from Jtime and it's listed as being from WF and having a clone A2236 movement.
I was surprised to see such an obvious niche product with scarcely any user content having a clone movement. So I pulled the trigger.

So far I only have the QC pictures to share, but I will share more pics as soon as it's delivered and unwrapped.
Clearly, the SELs and date window alignment leave something to be desired, but consider this watch is 28mm and there is a lot of magnification on it. We'll see how noticeable these points are soon.

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I realised when researching to buy this watch that was scarcely any user resources available on the 279171 DateJust 28mm.
I've placed an order on a two-tone stainless + ever rose with olive diamonds dial. I ordered this from Jtime and it's listed as being from WF and having a clone A2236 movement.
I was surprised to see such an obvious niche product with scarcely any user content having a clone movement. So I pulled the trigger.

So far I only have the QC pictures to share, but I will share more pics as soon as it's delivered and unwrapped.
Clearly, the SELs and date window alignment leave something to be desired, but consider this watch is 28mm and there is a lot of magnification on it. We'll see how noticeable these points are soon.
It's a Seiko movement decorated as a 2236. How is it? I'm interested in getting one for my girl so any feedback is appreciated.

butterscotchsea888

Horology Curious
31/1/23
Singapore

How’s the quality of the watch?