• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Would you approve this QC pic?

mobius999

Looking Around
9/6/21
Just got the pics for the Daytona 116500 SS/SS White Dial 904L BTF V2 SA4130 I ordered. This is my first Daytona rep so not sure what to expect but I read the BTF V2 was about as good as it gets. Here are my issues with it. Am I being too picky?

1. The left subdial hand is misaligned. It should rest between the 1 and 2 and instead is in the middle of the 2. Too far right.

2. The bezel is misaligned, The tip of the triangle should line up perfectly with the hour marker, middle stem of the crown and second hand. It's off to the left and instead the right corner lines up,

3. The second hand isn't centered. It's too far right and not over the middle of the crown.

These are fairly small things that I might even chalk up to photo angle except this is the head on photo so there is no angle. They also stay consistent in the other photos at various angles. I'm normally not too picky but I have a pepsi superclone sitting collecting dust because I let a flaw slide. Pretty obvious bezel misalignment but I was impatient, thought maybe it was photo angle and approved it. Now it bugs the hell out of me and can't wear it.

I'm just generally curious if this is the best it gets, if I'm wrong to be expecting more before I say yes/no. Thanks!
zh4p6K.jpg

Last edited:

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
At the current price level I would request your TD to have the bezel aligned despite mm adjustment. Second hand might be a movement issue. Im in the fence.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
It's your purchase so go with your gut.

But the things you are expecting in a replica watch is what you expect in a 60k Genuine one. It seems like your looking for 100% perfection.

Reactions: Tucker

mobius999

Looking Around
9/6/21
That's fair. Like I said I can get picky so wanted someone to put me in check if I was expecting too much. I am going to mention the bezel though. An aligned bezel isn't asking much for an $800 watch when they can get it right on a $30 Aliexpress quartz. Thanks all that commented!

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
That's fair. Like I said I can get picky so wanted someone to put me in check if I was expecting too much. I am going to mention the bezel though. An aligned bezel isn't asking much for an $800 watch when they can get it right on a $30 Aliexpress quartz. Thanks all that commented!

Yea just chill out on the hands lol.

Reactions: Tucker

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Honestly, if something bothers you now, it will probably bother you later. And if there is a mechanical/functional issue, best to ask and confirm before accepting. Much harder afterwards.

Rep or not, the price being paid warrants questions about obvious (reasonable) flaws and potential faults.

​​​​​Reasonable is somewhat subjective, of course. My gen Rolex and Tag Heuer watches have alignment flaws, and I never noticed them till after I found RWI... and started wearing glasses.

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
Honestly, if something bothers you now, it will probably bother you later. And if there is a mechanical/functional issue, best to ask and confirm before accepting. Much harder afterwards.

Rep or not, the price being paid warrants questions about obvious (reasonable) flaws and potential faults.

​​​​​Reasonable is somewhat subjective, of course. My gen Rolex and Tag Heuer watches have alignment flaws, and I never noticed them till after I found RWI... and started wearing glasses.

+1

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Originally posted by SS72 View Post

+1

+2

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Ask for some more shots - the watch isn’t actually centred in this shot, and there is lens distortion as well.

sub dial at 9 - the hand should actually bisect the edge of the 2 and not run between the numbers. The 2 is a lot wider than the 1, which places the centre of the 12 over the edge of the 2.

Bezel. I had the same doubts on mine. Jtime provided another pic shot on a slr to reduce the lens distortion and it looked fine. I don’t know if they adjusted it. It looks perfect in real life.

finally, these Daytona’s are tiny in real life.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
finally, these Daytona’s are tiny in real life.

This is so true. Beautiful watch with great design and character but it wears so much smaller than it’s spec. One of the reasons why I just can’t fork out for one…. If only they made a 41mm version for us size bigots that like em bigger… lol

Reactions: SS72