• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Received my first REP, need help

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
I scrape that stuff off with a wooden toothpick. I also use a toothpick to lift the edges of clear stickers so I can pull them off easier.

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
:picard:

removing stickers should be easiest thing to do.. just heat it a little if not coming off easily...

Last edited:
Reactions: TESLA760

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
how much problems will be with unscrewing the crown if removing plastic cause so much trouble;)

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
how much problems will be with unscrewing the crown if removing plastic cause so much trouble

We all have to start somewhere. And those little blue stickers are a bugger to get off. So I don't blame the OP for coming here for advice.

Oh god, I'm turning into P..DR..D

But anyway, when I got my first Sub rep, I broke fingernails in my fruitless efforts and then messaged the seller to complain that the crown was impossible to pull out. He politely explained the concept of the screw-down crown to me.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
We all have to start somewhere. And those little blue stickers are a bugger to get off. So I don't blame the OP for coming here for advice.

I remember seeing someone recommend tooth pics (like didjital7) and worked a charm for me too. They can be annoying, but rather them than scratches.

Oh god, I'm turning into P..DR..D

But anyway, when I got my first Sub rep, I broke fingernails in my fruitless efforts and then messaged the seller to complain that the crown was impossible to pull out. He politely explained the concept of the screw-down crown to me.
:lamo2:

A hearty chuckle to start the day, thank you :thumbsup:

toogoodtobetrue

Looking Around
13/6/22
Thank you so much everyone!!! These are all helpful tips. I didn't know what it was, so a bit afraid to try anything because it could cause a damage. Thank you, thank you!

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Not that stupid a question after all, was it? Thanks for the different solutions, had the problem myself very recently. And thanks to the help of experienced members, exactly what daytona4me meant by his post I just read minutes ago ("where you once a noob?"). I love this community.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
As simple as it sounds, I once had a very tough one not coming off, it just wouldn't budge. I decided to then go ape on it with a toothpick. It will take some time, but that will not scratch the metal.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
You must have had a really tough one. Usually the crown sticker is already peeling off. The bracelet is annoying. Especially when the stickers are really stuck into the clasp.

Reactions: leo6929

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
As simple as it sounds, I once had a very tough one not coming off, it just wouldn't budge. I decided to then go ape on it with a toothpick. It will take some time, but that will not scratch the metal.

I had one on my hulk that wouldn't come off. I gave up and accepted it as part of the watch.

Reactions: Feefo and leo6929

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
hmmm id try a dremel with a cloth polishing wheel

Reactions: RX7GP

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Worse comes to worse, q-tip with acetone. That what I do!

JTL12

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
19/4/22
USA
A quick dip of a Q-tip in acetone will take these right off and not damage the crown at all.