• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New QF 116519LN (real?) meteorite dial Daytona

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
The meteorite dial one really caught my eye when I was browsing Andrew/Trusty site. But various small flaws I noticed on some of the photos of QF Daytonas, as well as the high price gave me a pause. Some of the models seem to have a dial centering problem, as brought up earlier in the thread, but that might be just a QC issue on a few of them. Their black Daytona however has seemingly too thick subdials, and in another thread here someone described the case shape of these as wrong. So now I really don't know.

The case shape issue applies to the SS models as they should have asymmetric lugs. The case shape of the precious metal models are fine

Reactions: KJ2020

KilowattHour

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/19
The case shape issue applies to the SS models as they should have asymmetric lugs. The case shape of the precious metal models are fine
Got it. Sounds like the meteorite model might be a good buy then. I agree that for that price the dial should be a real meteorite material. The fact that it's priced so high gives me hope that it's the real deal, because otherwise it would be pretty ballsy to charge so much for something they must know would be debunked eventually.

Reactions: KJ2020

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Got it. Sounds like the meteorite model might be a good buy then. I agree that for that price the dial should be a real meteorite material. The fact that it's priced so high gives me hope that it's the real deal, because otherwise it would be pretty ballsy to charge so much for something they must know would be debunked eventually.

I’ve got mine on order, from videos on previous page it looks like the real deal!

Reactions: KJ2020 and dogwood

watchgil

Known Member
Patron
Certified
7/7/14
Waiting mine, will post the photo here.

Last edited:

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
QC approved - dial looks aligned

zAkuSQ.jpg

zAksCS.jpg

https://a202111041317341460003592.s...1041317341460003592/I202206252208162410001512
https://a202111041317341460003592.s...1041317341460003592/I202206252208138970001849

Reactions: dogwood and KJ2020

KilowattHour

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/19
I hate to say it, but I think the dial on yours is slightly misaligned too. Although I'm not sure how visible something like this will be in real life, with how small the watch is. Dial seems to be pushed a bit towards the 180/200 numbers on the bezel. Could be the angle of the photo too though.

Last edited:

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I hate to say it, but I think the dial on yours is slightly misaligned too. Although I'm not sure how visible something like this will be in real life, with how small the watch is. Dial seems to be pushed a bit towards the 180/200 numbers on the bezel. Could be the angle of the photo too though.

Maybe - it's not a massive deal for me. I can always see if Modder can adjust slightly. Definitely better than what initial sample was.

Last edited:

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
That looks awesome! I am really looking forward to your pics when you have it and your personal impression :) lets keep in mind that this is a 120-150k piece that we have the possibility to enjoy at a very good quality at a fraction of the real price :)

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
If these are half way convincing the asking price is pretty reasonable. A decent after market Meteorite dial alone is north of $900 from Oasacom and other trustworthy watchsmiths.

Last edited:

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

But does a small minor misalignment really matter when the dial is totally off from a meteorite dial from Rolex and the crown guards are really bad?

Reactions: QueTip

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
But does a small minor misalignment really matter when the dial is totally off from a meteorite dial from Rolex and the crown guards are really bad?

What’s wrong with the crown guards?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
When I get mine I’ll get it out in the sunlight. Have my modder going to fix alignment but I think from QC pics/lighting it looks ok compared to the gens indoors

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
What’s wrong with the crown guards?

The other thing to mention is the subdials are always poorly cut on these type of of replicas. I would definitely recommend going to a jeweler who can create a custom piece if you are really looking for quality and finish. They will be able to etch a deep pattern better so you get a nice rich brilliance like Rolex meteorite dials have. They can also treat it better so it doesn't rust on you too quickly.

This dial is like icing out a Rolex with cloudy cubic zirconia stones. It may look like you iced it out but ugly to look at because it doesn't capture the true essence of a diamond.

So with all that being said I wouldn't worry too much about misalignment and just accept the watch for what it is.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18

The other thing to mention is the subdials are always poorly cut on these type of of replicas. I would definitely recommend going to a jeweler who can create a custom piece if you are really looking for quality and finish. They will be able to etch a deep pattern better so you get a nice rich brilliance like Rolex meteorite dials have. They can also treat it better so it doesn't rust on you too quickly.

This dial is like icing out a Rolex with cloudy cubic zirconia stones. It may look like you iced it out but ugly to look at because it doesn't capture the true essence of a diamond.

So with all that being said I wouldn't worry too much about misalignment and just accept the watch for what it is.

There’s nothing wrong with the crown guards. Using a CGI is pointless.

As for the dial it’s impossible to tell till I have it in hand.

992TurboS

Supporter
Certified
27/8/21
EU
It looks like its a gap on the side between the lugs and SEL. Its quite noticeble on TDs photos

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
There’s nothing wrong with the crown guards. Using a CGI is pointless.

As for the dial it’s impossible to tell till I have it in hand.

Dismissing it helps no one. The CG is shaped wrong. If you don't like this photo then google more.

Unless the local postman delivering your watch decides to put Nitric acid on the dial and refinish the subdials it's going to look the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: 992TurboS