• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New QF 116519LN (real?) meteorite dial Daytona

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Oof, Trusty can be a little high sometimes. Maybe some other dealers will be less.

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
This has peaked my interest for sure. That dial alignment is a big issue though. I can’t “unsee” it now. lol

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

That dial has the exact same placement flaw that the one on Trusty does. The minute tics at 60 are touching the rehaut, at 30-35 they are far away.

z2nfFI.jpg

138 is a clasp code Noob used toward the end.

Last edited:

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
That dial has the exact same placement flaw that the one on Trusty does. The minute tics at 60 are touching the rehaut, at 30-35 they are far away.

z2nfFI.jpg

138 is a clasp code Noob used toward the end.

I think it's very minor - dial looks very good. It would be possible to shift dial though?

Samgobigs

11/2/20
I have seen a few QC from clean or BT where the dial is not aligned properly. In this example, the dial doesn’t not appear properly aligned on the vertical axis. I have seen a few QC where clean or BT did not properly align their dial on the horizontal axis.

I’m hopeful that this is an issue the factory can remedy by training whoever is assembling these pieces about the issue. It’s good to point out these issues now so we are aware when the QC pictures start coming in and we know what to look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think it's very minor - dial looks very good. It would be possible to shift dial though?

There is very little room for shifting the movement around in the case with chronos, sometimes none. It could be an issue with the printing on the dial, or the feet placement on the blank. It's true that it's minor but at $1K I wouldn't want to have to try to unsee it.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This RG dial in the same link is positioned right.

z26wS2.jpg

z26diF.jpg

Last edited:

rckh

7/6/07
I owned a Gen JLC master calendar meteorite dial & my SS Rolex meteorite dial had already passed dealer QC and on its way to me now. It should be arrive on early next week.

See whether I can share my observation, comparison about this mystery “real meteorite dial” on the QF 4130. They are very limited stock & that’s why you won’t see in most of the trusted dealers product list.

It’s not came from listed trusted dealer, he is my only dealer in the last 4-5 years. He’s located in GC, personal hand pick every watch, take quite long time to get ready especially in this few years crackdown & COVID19 lockdown Water proof test, time graph machine test & QC will be recorded by video.

dsu

Horology Curious
28/6/21
Andrew just sent me a recent QC pic.
Looks like the alignment/centering issue has been resolved by the factory:

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
I owned a Gen JLC master calendar meteorite dial & my SS Rolex meteorite dial had already passed dealer QC and on its way to me now. It should be arrive on early next week.

See whether I can share my observation, comparison about this mystery “real meteorite dial” on the QF 4130. They are very limited stock & that’s why you won’t see in most of the trusted dealers product list.

It’s not came from listed trusted dealer, he is my only dealer in the last 4-5 years. He’s located in GC, personal hand pick every watch, take quite long time to get ready especially in this few years crackdown & COVID19 lockdown Water proof test, time graph machine test & QC will be recorded by video.

Does your QC look like the member above me?

rckh

7/6/07
Does your QC look like the member above me?

My Dealer won’t take photo for QC, He took video.
1.) Timegraph test
2.) water proof test
3.) Functional test e.g) date adjustment, time adjustment, chronograph functionality….
4.) open case back to check movement
5.) All cosmetic check e.g) bezel, dial, date alignment….had already checked during his hand pick
6.) Then, he will put the checked watch on his winder to run 24hours to 48hours
7.) last, final check & packed into box for shipping.

he always took very long time (at least 1-2 weeks) to ready my watch, but he never fail me in single time. Along these few years, I never ship back my watch due to cosmetic, functional issues. I just paid, be patient, relax & enjoy my new toys.

I don’t like or hate the so call photos QC anymore, because I found the QC is done by myself based on photos rather than dealer…..and every time I have to worry to received a watch with issue that I’m not noticed in photos. Then I have to make up my mind to decide either ship it back or try to persuade myself to get along with that issue….

Last edited:

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Andrew just sent me a recent QC pic.
Looks like the alignment/centering issue has been resolved by the factory:

Sorry to say, but this dial does not look very meteorite-like. More than a regular 116519 and definetly different than the photos on Trusyts page.

dsu

Horology Curious
28/6/21
It’s not a meteorite dial. But it’s a watch from the same factory.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
My Dealer won’t take photo for QC, He took video.
1.) Timegraph test
2.) water proof test
3.) Functional test e.g) date adjustment, time adjustment, chronograph functionality….
4.) open case back to check movement
5.) All cosmetic check e.g) bezel, dial, date alignment….had already checked during his hand pick
6.) Then, he will put the checked watch on his winder to run 24hours to 48hours
7.) last, final check & packed into box for shipping.

he always took very long time (at least 1-2 weeks) to ready my watch, but he never fail me in single time. Along these few years, I never ship back my watch due to cosmetic, functional issues. I just paid, be patient, relax & enjoy my new toys.

I don’t like or hate the so call photos QC anymore, because I found the QC is done by myself based on photos rather than dealer…..and every time I have to worry to received a watch with issue that I’m not noticed in photos. Then I have to make up my mind to decide either ship it back or try to persuade myself to get along with that issue….

You got a nice dealer with passion for watches it seems.

Reactions: emdeevee

KilowattHour

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/19
The meteorite dial one really caught my eye when I was browsing Andrew/Trusty site. But various small flaws I noticed on some of the photos of QF Daytonas, as well as the high price gave me a pause. Some of the models seem to have a dial centering problem, as brought up earlier in the thread, but that might be just a QC issue on a few of them. Their black Daytona however has seemingly too thick subdials, and in another thread here someone described the case shape of these as wrong. So now I really don't know.