• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Skeleton 4130 project.

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
I can't even fathom this work. How do you cut the metal accurately to skelotinze the barrel?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous, whilst simultaneously insane. This is stunning, and will be even stunninger when complete - can't wait! Bravo!

Reactions: Oascom

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Unfathomable. I can't even begin to imagine what it takes to pull this off. It will be priceless when it's finished - one of its kind. Handmade. Unbelievable!

I'd be interested to know how many hours went into this in the end. Looking forward to see it when complete.

Reactions: Oascom

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville
Looking good so far. This reminds me of Micasol's attempt in 2019, maybe you can consider checking out his thread on some of the issues that he came across and resolved. I think he broke a few parts in the process.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Looking good so far. This reminds me of Micasol's attempt in 2019, maybe you can consider checking out his thread on some of the issues that he came across and resolved. I think he broke a few parts in the process.

Yes i have been fallowing his thread. He did an awesome job and now working on custom genuine rolexes.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Little progress, all bridges cut , need to fine tune and haven't decided if i want to gold plate or black oxidize.

melody

26/10/21
North carolina, USA.
This is absolutely gorgeous and you did wonderful work, just please be careful as i know for a fact it will move a little bit under the extreme torque of the mainspring, but only a watchmaker will be able to tell if this will change the gear meshing enough to cause problems. Be wary of tooth wear

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Amazing work!!!!
Will you gonna offer this as a service?
Really amazing!

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
This is absolutely gorgeous and you did wonderful work, just please be careful as i know for a fact it will move a little bit under the extreme torque of the mainspring, but only a watchmaker will be able to tell if this will change the gear meshing enough to cause problems. Be wary of tooth wear

I think i left enough bones to have strudy frame but of course time will tell :)