• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swap or Sell 116610LN

Cipuskio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/17
Dear All,

i have a Sub Noob v7 Sub C Date with a Prof 'black hole' crystal fitted... now considering i have also a Gen one i'd like to swap the dial and the bezel in order to have something new.

what is your suggestion ? keep it and start the modification or sell it and buy a new LV ... starbuks or hulk ....

thank you for your help

J

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Depends on you. Are you very particular in it looking Gen like or just decent enough . You can find VSF cases in our parts section. The noob cases were not very good. Other option is buy a new ZF or clean Sub.

Reactions: Cipuskio

Cipuskio

8/10/17
Thank you for the reply, of course if i can get something more similar to a Gen I’ll be happier,
from what I understand the one i have even with the prof crystal and the aftermarket bezel is still not so good because of the case right ?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The most popular one is the VSF, it pretty much nailed the 116610LN and the watch feels very similar to a real one too, no upgrades required.

Reactions: HomeRye

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Thank you for the reply, of course if i can get something more similar to a Gen I’ll be happier,
from what I understand the one i have even with the prof crystal and the aftermarket bezel is still not so good because of the case right ?

If you can find a VSF then go for it. If not the next options are clean and ZF.

Personally my go to mods are Gen crystal and Gen hands. Replica hands will never be close to Gen because of the White Gold the Gen uses.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
One is gen, one is VSF, and the other a stock standard Noob v7. If you can find a VSF with the correct Rehaut (first "R" alignment), there's no question. I believe the VSF will also be better for modding with gen parts, as I'm guessing your Noob has a 2836.
zHynGR.jpg

zHy9CL.jpg

​​​​​
zHyCcI.jpg

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
One is gen, one is VSF, and the other a stock standard Noob v7. If you can find a VSF with the correct Rehaut (first "R" alignment), there's no question. I believe the VSF will also be better for modding with gen parts, as I'm guessing your Noob has a 2836.
zHynGR.jpg

zHy9CL.jpg

​​​​​
zHyCcI.jpg

Gen middle.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Close up of the Rehaut. But, I just double checked and it's a v5, not v7. I have both and got them mixed up.

ZvMxb8.png

Cipuskio

8/10/17
thank u all for the comparison, very helpful. according on what you explained i think I will let go my current one and i'll look for a vsf on some trusted dealer sites.
then i will look for some little mods....