• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best "Currently Available" 16610 Rep?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Reactions: LifeTrekker

2470f2.8ii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/16
went to order the arf but non engraved rehaut isnt an option anymore. im marinating on sanding the engravings off.... but if the ginault is an actual tc case, i may rather just spend the money for the nicest option? but looking at the case on his website the bevels don't look very sharp.

reading through this thread it seems the ginault ocean rover 1 is a TC 16610 case. I want to make a 16800 matte dial with 3135 movement. if I order an ocean rover 1, will i run into any obstacles that require intense modding workarounds? seems ill just need to find a crown movement and dial then drill my lug holes.

if i drill holes in the ginault will my gen 93150 with 580 endlinks fit it?

I've built plenty of frankens. just hoping to avoid surprises by asking here.

thx.

Get2thechopper

Known Member
19/9/18
0da56b46af122721f68bffafa8daa7be.jpg
just recently picked up this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pippoh_eja

Known Member
23/1/16
I asked quite a few dealers again this week to see if their answers differed.
All said the Arf LV is not available any more and a couple said their were only a ‘couple’ of LN’s left if not already gone.
Apparently they don’t sell enough to keep producing them as everyone wants the latest models.
So the 5 digits are going to be sought after models.
BP’s are still available though.

Hello sir, would you like to share which TD have the BP LV for sale please?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

iang27

4/12/15
UK
Hello sir, would you like to share which TD have the BP LV for sale please?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Any dealer should be able to get a BP, I don’t think they are in short supply.

clockcycle

Horology Curious
18/5/19
All TDs have the ARF with rehaut, is this still viable or should I really try to go for the no rehaut for more accuracy?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Yeah thats probably true, but i meant the quality of the engraving on the rep..
I heard somewhere that the engraving isn't that great.

That's correct, no engraving= one less opportunity to have a flaw. However I believe that some members have been able to brush/polish their engraved rehaut to get rid of the engraving

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Theres a thread on how to be period correct with a tc sub - lots of good info in there regarding rehaut/no rehaut etc. Its centered around the tc watches, but the info is of course also valid for 16610 serials in general.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ect-with-your-sterile-tc-sub-repost-with-pics

I have an arf without rehaut engraving. No drilled lug holes, solid endlinks, no AR on the cyclops but with LEC. That would make it a somewhat 2005 D serial, i guess.

wisedennis

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
I went the expensive route. I had used a Ginault casing, added ARF hands, and ARF dial for 2824 (had parts lying around). Ginault is basically TC case. It's the Ginault OR2, which I got a deal on, and then I had also swapped bezel assembly out for VSF 40mm. Now, I have this, which is a fantasy watch. I love it. I wear it as my beater and to shady places. Best part is, I can fully insure and add it to my jewelry insurance for next to nothing. You can pretty much use this as a base to build a nice rep or franken watch, since it is TC.

IMG_67649e346cc4b383046c.md.jpg
So you insure the watch as a ginault? Or a Rolex?

Flaco007

Horology Curious
23/3/20
Hi all,
Im also looking for the best 11610 sub, which one is the best to buy?

And what means rehaut or no rehaut?

Kind regards

leemitard

Horology Curious
28/3/24
Does anyone know how the newer ARV 11610LN V2 compares?? Is there any noticeable changes from the V1?