• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 16610 crystal - worth to replace?

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Hi, is it worth to replace ARF 16610 crystal with Clark or Sternkreuz 25-295-C2? Or is the quality of ARF crystal comparable to them and this mod doesn’t bring any major improvement? Thanks

Sent from the RWI App

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Hi, is it worth to replace ARF 16610 crystal with Clark or Sternkreuz 25-295-C2? Or is the quality of ARF crystal comparable to them and this mod doesn’t bring any major improvement? Thanks

Sent from the RWI App

If you really want to upgrade your crystal then go Gen.

The stern is mineral glass so it's going to look off in clarity and appearance and not right on a watch.

Clark is at least Sapphire crystal. It's not perfect but it magnifies well and the crystal is very clear and Gen like in appearance.

Those are your options before going Gen.

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
If you really want to upgrade your crystal then go Gen.

The stern is mineral glass so it's going to look off in clarity and appearance and not right on a watch.

Clark is at least Sapphire crystal. It's not perfect but it magnifies well and the crystal is very clear and Gen like in appearance.

Those are your options before going Gen.

Thanks a lot. Understand that going gen is the best option (expensive one :) )
What I'm still not sure is if Clark would be an improvement compared with ARF which comes with the watch - any idea?

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Thanks a lot. Understand that going gen is the best option (expensive one :) )
What I'm still not sure is if Clark would be an improvement compared with ARF which comes with the watch - any idea?

Yea unfortunately expensive but you will enjoy looking at you watch much more lol .

​​​​​​The Clark would be an improvement yes. I must say the new ARF datejust 36mm crystal was pretty good. They are improving gradually.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Gen crystal is the way to go. I have a spare crystal to fit 16610 with laser etched crown (LEC). If you decide on a gen crystal give me shout and I'll beat anyone else's price.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Gen crystal is the way to go. I have a spare crystal to fit 16610 with laser etched crown (LEC). If you decide on a gen crystal give me shout and I'll beat anyone else's price.

vcelkama boom there you go. You won't regret it. You won't keep your eyes off it

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Ok, thank you both :) Actually I may need 2 as I'm working on both 16610LV as well as 16610LN :) Let me see if I can get some gen crystal for a good price. Otherwise 2 Clark 25-295-C2 are already on the way to me now.

Reactions: couchp0tat0

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
So I pulled the trigger on the gen crystal from StreetFighet (thanks!) as well as I will have the oroginal ARF one and Clark too. While I would like to do some comparison can experts here guide me what should I look for during this benchmarking? (Subjective, visual) - transparency, shining, distortion, cyclop magnifying,…?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
I think it is definitely worth to replace the ARF crystal with gen. I used gen for both my builds using ARF case - LV build finished, LN build in progress. I got some very good used no LEC / no AR and LEC / no AR crystals here in M2M section.

i can’t describe the dfference with the right words but it is more shining, is more “crisp” and black dial is deeper black. Again, very subjective view :)

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Well it is beyond my budget. Gen dials for 16610 are expensive… while I’m far from being an expert I read many discussions and reviews and decided to go with ARF dial and hands for the LN version and BP dial and hands for LV version. Both with VS3135 movement and ARF case.

Reactions: Mr.Swackhammer

wisedennis

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
Would you still have that crystal with you?