• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BETTER Factory Oysterflex Daytona's on the roll..

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
While Mirotime (is not a RWI TD, but is a Reptime TD) offered 10% off the price + coupon code 20 dollars off + free shipping!

What does a TD at Reptime mean? Trusted dealer here comes with commitments from the dealer that if your watch is lost or held by custom they're gonna send you another one, and you have the mods support to escalate anything that may be unfair, with the risk for the dealer to lose their status and therefore a big chunk of their business. That's also what you're paying for when buying from a TD. I don't think that you have the same thing on Reptime
You want to make sure that you're comparing apples with apples, it's not just about the same watches

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
65 is what Li (j-time) charged me at my first order. he named "triangular shipping method" (i'm living in Europe, NL, GER)

While Mirotime (is not a RWI TD, but is a Reptime TD) offered 10% off the price + coupon code 20 dollars off + free shipping!

Also Hont is free ship. don't know why everyone sticks with Jtime. he ships the same watches..

I'm willing to pay more for trust, but it seems some TD 's are not as caring as how they were used to - even its more costy when buying from them. I ordered a BTF V2 from jtime, but received CF QC. Waiting for BTF V2 now. Not a big issue but i guess they are not giving enough attention anymore. Maybe they were before.

Mirotime cant give me that trust that jtime has.

But I see so many great QC's from some new dealers, and so many bad ones from known TD's. They mostly dont care too much, just sending QC for whatever they pick.

Its like when you start a new business you care your customers a lot, but when you got so many customers and orders, you have to lower your attention in details because you dont have enough time to deal with all of them one by one.

Last edited:

Hop3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/21
I'm willing to pay more for trust, but it seems some TD 's are not as caring as how they were used to - even its more costy when buying from them. I ordered a BTF V2 from jtime, but received CF QC. Waiting for BTF V2 now. Not a big issue but i guess they are not giving enough attention anymore. Maybe they were before.

Mirotime cant give me that trust that jtime has.

But I see so many great QC's from some new dealers, and so many bad ones from known TD's. They mostly dont care too much, just sending QC for whatever they pick.

Its like when you start a new business you care your customers a lot, but when you got so many customers and orders, you have to lower your attention in details because you dont have enough time to deal with all of them one by one.

+100

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Don’t use Mirotime unless you want a headache. Not worth the discount. There’s a reason he’s not a TD.

I've bought from PureTime, Jtime, The One Watches, and Mirotime.

They've all been pretty good as far communication, but my past 3 orders have been with Mirotime because they seem to ship the quickest, send good QC pics AND video (on youtube, very convenient), and they have free shipping and lower prices. Having said that, the only one I wouldn't deal with again is The One Watches, it's not really a knock on them, they were just very slow with the QC pics and I'm impatient. I'd like to know what issues you've had with Miro.

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
I don't think that you have the same thing on Reptime

Actualy miro communicates 10/10, QC in 24hrs, RL > New QC within 2hrs > tracking within 24hrs > received watches within 14 days.
Received broken movement > communicates > partial refund > resolved.

im not promoting Miro, all im saying Jtime is overpriced especially his shipping cost 65...

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Actualy miro communicates 10/10, QC in 24hrs, RL > New QC within 2hrs > tracking within 24hrs > received watches within 14 days.

im not promoting Miro, all im saying Jtime is overpriced especially his shipping cost 65...

I think JTime does a fine job, as do most of the TDs, but Miro just kind of feels above and beyond to me. When I opened my first watch from them and the micro screwdriver came falling out of the package I was like "Ok, this place takes this seriously".

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Tobel

6/7/17

And conversely, I have nothing against them, maybe they are great and honest etc. But if anything goes wrong you're on your own. So you should feel free to use whichever dealer you want, it's just better to do so knowing the full picture

Chungy85

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/22
reached out to a few TDs, they all say a few days to a few weeks for QC....reached out to Geek, Hont, and Miro

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
reached out to a few TDs, they all say a few days to a few weeks for QC....reached out to Geek, Hont, and Miro

In case you didn't read the messages above, Miro is not a TD

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Honestly 65$ shipping is totally inappropriate and clearly a way to profit more.
And I'm sure that at 808$ is overpriced too.

Air freight is up over 100% in cost since Q1-2020. Handling charges in china is up as well. The new cost is not "totally inappropriate" its the (new) climate we now live in.

Reactions: KJ2020

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
I love Daytonas. Especially these new ones. But these reps have no business being 808 USD. In fact, Daytonas should be getting cheaper, not more expensive. 700 USD was a hard pill to swallow - 800 is just taking a piss. Especially in this climate and with USD being this strong compared to the EUR. Truth is that the appropriate price for these is max. 500-550. Noob had them at 650 because they had monopoly on the movement.

Also let us not forget that you have to service a Daytona because these movements are always in poor shape and that is another 350+ EUR.

So no - at this rate it makes more sense to simply buy a Speedmaster.

Join3d

19/8/16
EU
Air freight is up over 100% in cost since Q1-2020. Handling charges in china is up as well. The new cost is not "totally inappropriate" its the (new) climate we now live in.

Luckily there's only one TD involved in "the new climate we now live in".
A couple of TDs (or maybe more) still offer free shipping + lowest prices and they're still profiting.

That's the wrong direction: you normalize that, you support and accept unjustified pricing. That's why VSF went so expensive outside China.

Anyway 808$ excluding shipping it's still expensive and it's not about air freight.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Luckily there's only one TD involved in "the new climate we now live in".
A couple of TDs (or maybe more) still offer free shipping + lowest prices and they're still profiting.

That's the wrong direction: you normalize that, you support and accept unjustified pricing. That's why VSF went so expensive outside China.

Anyway 808$ excluding shipping it's still expensive and it's not about air freight.

Manufacturing prices in CN are also up about 20-25% in all verticals since Q1-2022. There are no such thing as free shipping.

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
They’re now posted on PureTime with pics and details minus pricing at this point.

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
They’re now posted on PureTime with pics and details minus pricing at this point.

Just saw the pics of the 116518. Looks decent. What's the issue with the hand pinions though? Shouldn't they look more round or even have a hole in them (not an expert so I'm just assuming here). Looks like they pushed them in place with a pin and left an ugly bump in the middle.

Apniceguy

3/3/20
Just saw the pics of the 116518. Looks decent. What's the issue with the hand pinions though? Shouldn't they look more round or even have a hole in them (not an expert so I'm just assuming here). Looks like they pushed them in place with a pin and left an ugly bump in the middle.

Can you please post the pictures?