• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BETTER Factory Oysterflex Daytona's on the roll..

Nik0210

Horology Curious
7/2/22
How beautiful this thread started about a new BTF release and ended as a chit-chat thread about who's the best reseller...

:picard:

This! Thank you !

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

992TurboS

Supporter
Certified
27/8/21
EU
Sigh... they got the pushers wrong. The 116518LN pushers only have one ring machined into them, not two like the steel Daytonas. It looks like the pushers are simply the same ones used for the steel Daytona, but gold electroplated.

There seems to be different pushers on the wg model. They Are shorter and in that case more gen like for some reason

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
There seems to be different pushers on the wg model. They Are shorter and in that case more gen like for some reason

Yeah I see that now… the YG pushers look way too long.

Interestingly, the white gold pushers should also be single ring. But looks like they’re also two ringed.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
And we expect the rep maker attends to every detail of each different model? Honestly, it is always pretty amazing for BTF to come up with all these models considering the variations of dials they have to handle.

Reactions: cassapanca

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Regarding the rings on the pushers, BT is correct for YG and WG. Gens also have two rings. Look at actual photos in Chrono24 and not the CGI renders on Rolex.com!

I haul down my flag. How interesting that the cgi versions have such an odd (and deliberate) inconsistency with reality.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
I haul down my flag. How interesting that the cgi versions have such an odd (and deliberate) inconsistency with reality.

No problem mate!
Rolex CGI photos are very tricky. Sometimes they even use the wrong fonts for the 5 liner textes on Daytonas. I can remember that two years ago, when the Noob 116503 models (with narrow Text spacing) came out I also looked on the website and thought, that Noob did a good job with font spacing. However in reality the 116503 dials use the wider 116520 spacing and not the narrow 116500 one.

So I am pretty sure Noob just looked on the website and thought, oh Great, we can use the 116500 dial stamp.....

ProperGains

Supporter
Certified
18/5/22
If the gold/platinum/everose gold plated ones say stainless steel inside of the case back count me out... that's just bad attention to details.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
If the gold/platinum/everose gold plated ones say stainless steel inside of the case back count me out... that's just bad attention to details.

Welcome to the forum!
Yes an engraving on the inside of a caseback that no one will ever see is an absoulte NoGo:picard2:.

Before someone sees the inside of your caseback, they would most likely have recoginezed that your watch is at least 50 to 100 grams to light, has the wrong gold color, and wrong balance regulation or other flaws.

Honestly I think you are trolling us with your first post or are just sarcastic because some members are concerned about the number of rings on the pushers. If not and you are serious about the engraving thing, I suggest that you should start a new hobby.

DSignR

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/21
Germany

https://puretimewatch.io/daytona-11...l-ss-case-and-bracelet-black-dial-sa4130.html

Hmpf, but they screwed up the gold bezel :{ ... here on the 116523. Numbers are too big and too close to the trianles.

I guess that goes then for all steel bezels (that are supposed to be gold and white gold etc.), that's sad. So definitely have to wait til next version (or maybe CF does it better with their upcoming models).

And the chrono subdial rings are too thick ;/

Here a pic from the gen one (from Chrono24) for comparison:

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany

https://puretimewatch.io/daytona-11...l-ss-case-and-bracelet-black-dial-sa4130.html

Hmpf, but they screwed up the gold bezel :{ ... here on the 116523. Numbers are too big and too close to the trianles.

I guess that goes then for all steel bezels (that are supposed to be gold and white gold etc.), that's sad. So definitely have to wait til next version (or maybe CF does it better with their upcoming models).

And the chrono subdial rings are too thick ;/

Here a pic from the gen one (from Chrono24) for comparison:

Yes the bezel is not good. Regarding the subdials it is not only the width, the main problem is the different color. On BTF they are grey, while they should be all black like the rest of the dial.

Reactions: DSignR

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
The 116515ln looks really nice, will be good to see some more "in hand" pics of these as and when they become available. After having a look at the pics on Puretime's website and comparing to gen these were the 3 main things I picked up on, the incorrect sub dials is the worse of the 3 but not necessarily a deal breaker for me. The Daytona text looks a little too low on the Puretime pic but will need more pics to confirm. Also, the crown seems a little off in this pic but this could just be lighting? Interested to hear everyone's thoughts:

DSignR

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/21
Germany
the incorrect sub dials

Hah, damn, yeah you're right ... the outer line should be much thicker (although when now looking at it on the gen, it seems almost a bit too much, lol) ... grrr, always something ;/

Anyway, waiting for the hopefully decent 116519LN / BT004

zzZcbb.jpg

BTW, good ol' Noob Factory did that better (with the subdials outer ring), just for reference:

zzZS94.jpg

Last edited:

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
Not a big issue though for me, whilst noticeable you'd only realise if next to a gen!

I am excited to see these in the wild and will probably wait a little while before pulling the trigger myself. I've been on the hunt for pre raid NOOB Daytona's for a while not but (understandably) no one is selling, so this would be a great alternative, as will Clean when they finally receive there versions!

I have a pre raid 116519ln and its easily my favourite Daytona, will be interesting to see how this one turns out, hopefully for the better and you get your hands on one mate! :)