• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KKF Factory 'John Mayer' Daytona

noobwatchguy

Horology Curious
16/1/19
I know members are tired of posts like this - but I have tirelessly searched this forum (and r/RepTime) to hopefully avoid posting this - but can't find a clear answer.

I know the sticky threads are helpful for showing which Daytonas are the best (and pros/cons) but haven't found anything on the 'John Mayer' green dial / YG Daytona.

So...looking at grabbing one from Chazing that is marked as "1:1" from KKF factory - but haven't found much on the KKF factory one.

I recall reading somewhere that 'Clean' or the (new) 'Noob' was thinking of releasing one, but can't seem to find that post anymore.

Planning on doing a little modding to it, specifically re-plating to improve accuracy of the gold color. But biggest concern is the dial. I know lots of them don't have the individual sunbursts on the chronos (this one from KKF does, although it's hard to tell from pics) and I saw another forum member had posted a gorgeous modded one that he said added the sunbursts to the chronos - but without much explanation.

I would just franken this and try to put a gen dial on there but I know that will be next to impossible.

So my question is, what do you suggest? Is the KKF one the best option? Does anyone own it? Or should I wait for another factory to hopefully produce a more improved version (which is probably unlikely after the raids)?

If this were you and money wasn't an object (relatively speaking at least, to keep it under $1,500-2,000) what would you purchase and which mods would prioritize?

Again , tried searching through tons of threads to avoid posting this, but it seems the 'John Mayer' hasn't been given enough attention - at least comparatively to the ceramics etc.

Thanks in advance all!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Post a link. Never heard of KKF so my guess is it's either an A7750 fat boy or a newer A7750 Slim Jim. I seriously doubt it can hold a candle to CF or BTF or even an older ARF model.

noobwatchguy

Horology Curious
16/1/19
Post a link. Never heard of KKF so my guess is it's either an A7750 fat boy or a newer A7750 Slim Jim. I seriously doubt it can hold a candle to CF or BTF or even an older ARF model.

Here you go https://chazingtime08.co/product/53734 . It's the 7750. Not sure if it's the fat or slim version. Chazing says this is the best rep he can get but I'm open to other vendors / suggestions. Don't care what I spend so any input appreciated!

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
no idea, where are you seeing that?

Between the lugs, like I said.
zDNfXQ.png

Last edited:

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Wait to see what comes to market in the next month from BTF, CF, and “new Noob”. There’s a lot of competition in Daytonas right now. Value favours that patient.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
I can’t imagine people are going to be lining up to get a daily reminder on their wrist about John Mayer.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Here you go https://chazingtime08.co/product/53734 . It's the 7750. Not sure if it's the fat or slim version. Chazing says this is the best rep he can get but I'm open to other vendors / suggestions. Don't care what I spend so any input appreciated!

That's one of the new slim A7750s, presumably with fully functional chronos. It's not terrible looking but the dial appears not to have individual sunbursts in the subdials. I would wait for BTF, they are releasing some TTs now so it might not be long.

Gen

zDFl9v.jpg

noobwatchguy

Horology Curious
16/1/19
Wait to see what comes to market in the next month from BTF, CF, and “new Noob”. There’s a lot of competition in Daytonas right now. Value favours that patient.

Yeah I'm leaning towards that. Does anyone have any insight as to what is possibly on the horizon? Has there been talk of this specific model from BTF or the new noob? Don't want to wait that much longer as this was intended to be a summer watch, but I could probably give it another month (although QC + shipping will add some time). And I'm also typically not a fan of buying the first gen of a new model...

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Yeah I'm leaning towards that. Does anyone have any insight as to what is possibly on the horizon? Has there been talk of this specific model from BTF or the new noob? Don't want to wait that much longer as this was intended to be a summer watch, but I could probably give it another month (although QC + shipping will add some time). And I'm also typically not a fan of buying the first gen of a new model...

Info posted recently by JTime:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ming-daytona-models-and-oysterflex-strap-info

noobwatchguy

Horology Curious
16/1/19
That's one of the new slim A7750s, presumably with fully functional chronos. It's not terrible looking but the dial appears not to have individual sunbursts in the subdials. I would wait for BTF, they are releasing some TTs now so it might not be long.

Gen

zDFl9v.jpg

I'm trying to determine that as well. Waiting for Andrew to get back to me with answer - but it doesn't appear to have. Not crazy about the factory picture he sent either. And the video isn't doing it any justice, as from what I've seen the dial is best in sunlight where it really pops - whereas in no sun it appears darker.

noobwatchguy

Horology Curious
16/1/19
The old 'noob' version is on the site for ~$1,300 (https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=20579) but these are impossible to get from what I understand after the raids.

My question is, how accurate was this one? I can't seem to find any threads on it giving it a proper analysis.

I understand the movement / case thickness are major factors here. Gold color I can live with, as I will likely have it re-plated anyways.

But biggest question would be the accuracy of this dial. Really keen on finding out differences in this between the gen. Sunbursts in subdials I know are the first tell-tale sign, but otherwise not sure what else to look for, besides brilliance + color of the green used.

I guess it's kind of a pointless analysis given this model is discontinued, but would be good to know if I plan to wait for a 'new noob' or BTF model to make comparisons.

(If this topic has already been addressed in a thread somewhere that I've missed, please feel free to link)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
CF green looks a bit murky compared to the gen. Final version IRL might be better.