• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Choosing a NOOB in 2022: does it still make sense?

danielesanta

17/8/17
Hi all, thanks to your help (especially thanks to Tobel mmaggi Elviscocho Tijdwijzer ) I am leaning towards choosing a submariner 116610 hulk with 2836 movement (which for my needs I think is preferable to vr3135)

Seeing the various factories and having a budget around 300 euros I noticed that there are still NOOBs (especially v10 and v11). I, however, heard that a raid shut down NOOB many months ago.

My question is: are the NOOBs they sell now original (I know that talking about originals in the world of replicas is bizarre)

A famous trusted dealer recommended the EWF factory to me (which is about the same price as a noob) claiming that all the noobs running now are fakes

What can you tell me?

p.s.

I wanted to get this one

https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=20584

or this

https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=22313

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

All_Heart

Known Member
26/8/21
I would suggest to save up a bit and buy a ZF rather than get a cheaper version that would start to annoy you in a few days time.

ZF Subs are on sale at the moment if you can stretch it to €400. The ZF Hulk is supposedly fitted with a dial closest to gen.

or you can go for a vs3135 and a Noob V12 case kit if you feel like building one

danielesanta

17/8/17
I would suggest to save up a bit and buy a ZF rather than get a cheaper version that would start to annoy you in a few days time.

ZF Subs are on sale at the moment if you can stretch it to €400. The ZF Hulk is supposedly fitted with a dial closest to gen.

or you can go for a vs3135 and a Noob V12 case kit if you feel like building one

thank you very much but a zf cost me over 100 euro more (418 the watch plus at least 50 shipping)

also it has a vr3135 movement which i think is less reliable than a more proven 2836

or am i wrong?

danielesanta

17/8/17
But, my dear All_Heart Tijdwijzer the real question is: are I noob v10 and v11 found now original? Or are they fake noobs?

a famous and nice trusted ealer says they are all fake noobs

All_Heart

Known Member
26/8/21
Noob parts inventory are scattered after they got raided and closed permanently.

The reason I don’t like Noobs is because of the double line rehauts, the letters are not engraved so as to look like there is a ‘fill’. They look like outlines.

I would say the VR3135s are more reliable than the chinese ETAs particularly with the keyless works where the hack or the sliding pinion doesn’t jump out of the . They have tighter tolerances than Dandong made VS3135 although the platinum plating is not as uniform, hence they feel a bit rough.

I used a VR3135 main plate and transferred everything from my VS3135 with a few gen bridges for my ZF Hulk and its been ticking +1 sec per day for 2 years now

Reactions: H3096

danielesanta

17/8/17
Noob parts inventory are scattered after they got raided and closed permanently.

The reason I don’t like Noobs is because of the double line rehauts, the letters are not engraved so as to look like there is a ‘fill’. They look like outlines.

I would say the VR3135s are more reliable than the chinese ETAs particularly with the keyless works where the hack or the sliding pinion doesn’t jump out of the . They have tighter tolerances than Dandong made VS3135 although the platinum plating is not as uniform, hence they feel a bit rough.

I used a VR3135 main plate and transferred everything from my VS3135 with a few gen bridges for my ZF Hulk and its been ticking +1 sec per day for 2 years now

interesting, thanks

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

Honestly the Noob watches are pretty trash. The best one was their Daytona and that was strictly because of the Noob clone 4130 movement. Anyone who bought the noob Daytona would swap out the bracelet for ARF instantly and that's the least of it lol.

danielesanta

17/8/17
Honestly the Noob watches are pretty trash. The best one was their Daytona and that was strictly because of the Noob clone 4130 movement. Anyone who bought the noob Daytona would swap out the bracelet for ARF instantly and that's the least of it lol.

thanks

i wanna buy a hulk...my budget is 300/350 euros...so i found noob v10 or v11
zf is much better but is more expensive....

do you think a sub hulk noob v10 is a real trash?

https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=20584

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
The hallmark of a 116610LV is the dial. Of which ZF makes the best dial, with VSF being the "Overall" better watch, but the dial is far too bright and that is a pet peeve.

I haven't been playing reps during the Noob V10/V11 days but with my limited research and also the couple of times i've looked at them. They're not good by todays standards.

I would suggest you to stretch your budget for abit, probably take a few weeks to save up a little bit more and get a ZF.

danielesanta

17/8/17
The hallmark of a 116610LV is the dial. Of which ZF makes the best dial, with VSF being the "Overall" better watch, but the dial is far too bright and that is a pet peeve.

I haven't been playing reps during the Noob V10/V11 days but with my limited research and also the couple of times i've looked at them. They're not good by todays standards.

I would suggest you to stretch your budget for abit, probably take a few weeks to save up a little bit more and get a ZF.

ok i think probably zf is the best choix
but...noob v10 290 dollars....zf 400

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
This is the 12 reference, not 11. But, IMO, Noob do a decent job. (Comparison next to the VSF.) And, its easy to get a replacement A2824 movement or movement parts if needed, or just drop in an ETA.

​​​​

jwxA3I.jpg