• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

White gold plating on DateJust 41 Fluted Bezel

Valman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/22
Hi,

I have a CF DateJust 41 Stainless Steel.

I've already got a prof black hole crystal replacement underway and am looking to understand my options for getting the fluted bezel changed to white gold to get it another step closer looking. Other than gen, I was advised that plating may be a waste of money as white gold plating is mostly rhodium based, but this wouldn't resemble gen well as gen is a duller white gold which lasts longer, rhodium based white gold plating being much shinier and then fading badly with time. Does anyone know if plating with stuller X1 is commonplace? I'm UK based

Valman

26/3/22
Would getting a jeweller to make a real white gold Fluted Bezel be likely cheaper than the ~UK£800 (~US$1000) a gen one costs?

MambaMentality60

8/24
Patron
Certified
30/5/20
Australia

Left to right.
CF bezel v2 vs 18k wg plated vsf bezel by Nikz.

I dont see much difference tbh. CF stock bezel v2 is pretty good IMO so no need to do plating.
Definitely go for gen fluted bezel or aftermarket real 18k white gold bezel if you really want to go this route.

Reactions: Valman

Valman

26/3/22
Left to right.
CF bezel v2 vs 18k wg plated vsf bezel by Nikz.

I dont see much difference tbh. CF stock bezel v2 is pretty good IMO so no need to do plating.
Definitely go for gen fluted bezel or aftermarket real 18k white gold bezel if you really want to go this route.

What an amazing response and great images to help. Thanks so much.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Hi,

I have a CF DateJust 41 Stainless Steel.

I've already got a prof black hole crystal replacement underway and am looking to understand my options for getting the fluted bezel changed to white gold to get it another step closer looking. Other than gen, I was advised that plating may be a waste of money as white gold plating is mostly rhodium based, but this wouldn't resemble gen well as gen is a duller white gold which lasts longer, rhodium based white gold plating being much shinier and then fading badly with time. Does anyone know if plating with stuller X1 is commonplace? I'm UK based

If you are going with the jeweler route in the UK confirm it's a white gold alloy bezel and not just yellow gold with plating but then again most places they will take you to the cleaners with cost of labour so you might as well go Gen.
Finding a good jeweler is like trying to find a good doctor you need to search around a lot. I can sell you a solid gold 14k byzantine chain 14.6 grams for 1200-1300 CAD still make my profits while most will ask 2500-3k and be under a few grams. Proper robbery right there.

Other option is bling lol. Diamonds/Moissanite.

Good luck with the project!

Last edited:

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
I might be a bit off topic as I don't have CF DJ41 on hand. But here's some comparison of the color between VSF stock bezel and a replacement plated Bezel

VSF bezel

zj9R0Y.jpg

Comparison between stock VSF and Plated mod bezel only
zj9F5D.jpg

Comparison between VSF dj41 with stock bezel and plated mod Bezel.
zj9bHJ.jpg
zj9SNo.jpg
zj9JMW.jpg
zj9x1P.jpg

There should be a distinctive color difference between the polished lugs and the fluted bezel in gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: tony619