• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Datejust Prices? $700? $800? Just say no. HELL no.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Getting pretty expensive at that price. Can get a new one for $6850 https://www.rolex.com/watches/datejust/m278240-0005.html Used on these is even cheaper. If we are approaching $1k for a rep, and I can get the real deal for $5k used if I look around, why not just get a real one.

FYI, you posted a link to a 31mm kids watch. The reps for this watch will basically be free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Can you provide a link to a used Datejust 41 current model at $5,000 please?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

CeterisParibus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
13/5/22
UE
Reps are closer and closer to a Gen Rolex, sold for the price of Tissot PRX and people are still complaining.

Just keep in mind factories have to increase significantly their standards just to have that little detail you want.

Can't afford it ? There are plenty of alternatives.

You can't just claim that level of details at the price you're OK to pay. Reps is a growing market, factories are more professional and all of this has a cost.

Envoyé de mon DN2103 en utilisant Tapatalk

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Getting pretty expensive at that price. Can get a new one for $6850 https://www.rolex.com/watches/datejust/m278240-0005.html Used on these is even cheaper. If we are approaching $1k for a rep, and I can get the real deal for $5k used if I look around, why not just get a real one.

Canon mate. We're talking about the DJ41.

Don't be throwing the DJ31 out here for comparicomparison...

If that's your argument then why don't you buy the real deal for about $2k?

​​​​​​​https://www.chrono24.sg/rolex/rolex-lady-datejust--id23700392.htm

Radolux

Known Member
11/9/21
Just don’t pay such high prices for reps and prices will drop.
The factory and td’s are testing us.

For example:
For 700usd you can get a very cool citizen eco drive atomic time watch, 300m water resistant.

700usd for a china rep, no way!

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…

For example:
For 700usd you can get a very cool citizen eco drive atomic time watch, 300m water resistant.

Yes you can get decent Seiko /Citizens for that price- but its a moot point as prospective buyers in this space aren't looking for those watches and wouldn't contemplate them regardless of price parity.
If you're looking for a ROLEX rep - you most likely wont end up buying a CITIZEN ECO Drive no matter how well priced the Citizen is. The contentious point here is that we end up looking at cheaper priced reps from more dubious dealers.... not a good situation. The rep market has exploded even in the short 4 years i've been in it and I think the factories and dealers are exploiting it as best as they can...... any moment now the whole industry can go belly up with multiple closures again. They are making hay whilst the sun shines. The funny thing here is that in 3-4 years time - we may all be looking back at these $7-800 USD reps thinking how cheap they were.. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobel

jsrrano

Horology Curious
11/9/18
Has anybody ever gotten a first hand on the ground report of what a VSF goes for in China? I've heard some numbers but can't verify them.

PizzaHut

Looking Around
16/5/22
Geektime is $600 w/ shipping. Is that more of the normal price? New to this hobby

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

For example:

The China rep is put together better than the citizen. The rep even holds more value lol. You picked a bad example lol

Radolux

Known Member
11/9/21
The China rep is put together better than the citizen. The rep even holds more value lol. You picked a bad example lol

It’s not about just Citizen as example, i could name dozens of brands.

But everybody is free how to spend their money.
I someone think 700-800usd for a rep is justified then they should pay it.

In my opinion it’s too much money for some reps. They are not complicated and had a price raise of +200/300 usd in a couple of months.

For the same price you can buy also decent watches made of nice materials like titanium. If you buy a watch in a store then maybe 10 persons make money of it; suppliers, manufacturers, marketing, transport, sellers, retailers etc etc.
Beside all that you get decent guarantee, which also have to be paid in the price of the watch.

But again, if you think the exploded prices are justified by themselves and just don’t like watches in a store around the corner… please pay for the rep. Keeps the rep-industry alive and fill the pockets of the factory’s extra quick.

I only have rep watches, I don’t like watches like Seiko etc.
But I think 400-500 for a nice ss Rolex is expensive enough.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
It’s not about just Citizen as example, i could name dozens of brands.

But everybody is free how to spend their money.
I someone think 700-800usd for a rep is justified then they should pay it.

In my opinion it’s too much money for some reps. They are not complicated and had a price raise of +200/300 usd in a couple of months.

For the same price you can buy also decent watches made of nice materials like titanium. If you buy a watch in a store then maybe 10 persons make money of it; suppliers, manufacturers, marketing, transport, sellers, retailers etc etc.
Beside all that you get decent guarantee, which also have to be paid in the price of the watch.

But again, if you think the exploded prices are justified by themselves and just don’t like watches in a store around the corner… please pay for the rep. Keeps the rep-industry alive and fill the pockets of the factory’s extra quick.

I only have rep watches, I don’t like watches like Seiko etc.
But I think 400-500 for a nice ss Rolex is expensive enough.

Nice Materials like titanium? Dude now your just trolling me.

Radolux

Known Member
11/9/21
Ygibear, ofcourse. You live in a house of gold and platinum. Titanium is just for losers.

Last edited:

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
Is the VSF DJ41 still state of the art in terms of movement, case, lugs and so on ... I thought GMF came up with the same movement didn't they?

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Ygibear, ofcourse. You live in a house of gold and platinum. Titanium is just for losers.

You know titanium is cheap right? Silver is worth more and silver is considered cheap. You know Titanium is almost 50% lighter than SS? Why would you want any piece of jewelry to feel super light and cheap?

Radolux

Known Member
11/9/21
You know titanium is cheap right? Silver is worth more and silver is considered cheap. You know Titanium is almost 50% lighter than SS? Why would you want any piece of jewelry to feel super light and cheap?

Some people prefer titanium jewelry just because it is light. It also has a certain look and feel. Besides that it won’t irritate skin like other metals do by some sensitive people.
And there is also treaded titanium which is very scratch resistant.

I don’t like titanium myself, but that was not where posts are about. It was just an example to explain that IMO 700-800usd for a rep like a simple Datejust is a lot of money. For less you can get cool watches too.
I think 400-500 usd is justified.

In the end it’s just my opinion, you can agree or disagree…I don’t care about that.
Have a nice day sir.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Some people prefer titanium jewelry just because it is light. It also has a certain look and feel. Besides that it won’t irritate skin like other metals do by some sensitive people.
And there is also treaded titanium which is very scratch resistant.

I don’t like titanium myself, but that was not where posts are about. It was just an example to explain that IMO 700-800usd for a rep like a simple Datejust is a lot of money. For less you can get cool watches too.
I think 400-500 usd is justified.

In the end it’s just my opinion, you can agree or disagree…I don’t care about that.
Have a nice day sir.

Yea for rings lol. I thought were talking watches here.