• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Datejust Prices? $700? $800? Just say no. HELL no.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Ah yes, the extremely left biased EPA. Certainly a fair arbiter there but only for the dimwitted people who keep spouting off how the inflation we are seeing is NOT partially because of supply chain/supply & demand issues. For every quasi-statistic that they posit an equal and opposite statistic can be posited by the other side that refutes the EPA findings. The reason(s) for inflation is a combination of numerous economic factors, but saying that SC/S&D issues is/are not part of those factors is to ignore the obvious.

Ah yes. We just found the political ????

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
Here for the "VSF prices are Biden's fault" discussion.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TESLA760

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
I was browsing for an AP ROO Dark knight and the rep prices for those have also skyrocketed. Good quality Rep hobby is no longer the poor man’s domain. Low prices are now for the AAA second rate replica domain.
Yes, you're exactly right. It is not just this model. I just singled out one rep by the current most popular factory, as I'm aware that they were selling these for significantly less before, and they arbitrarily jacked up the prices.

The reason(s) for inflation is a combination of numerous economic factors, but saying that SC/S&D issues is/are not part of those factors is to ignore the obvious.
Fair enough. Raids etc surely must have had some impact. But discrepancies in dealer ask prices reveals that most of the difference is profiteering.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Yes, you're exactly right. It is not just this model. I just singled out one rep by the current most popular factory, as I'm aware that they were selling these for significantly less before, and they arbitrarily jacked up the prices.

Fair enough. Raids etc surely must have had some impact. But discrepancies in dealer ask prices reveals that most of the difference is profiteering.

How do you shop for consumables on a daily basis ? Do you hop around multiple stores to see what the prices are ? Maybe the costs incurred by reps is a bit much for you. Personally, I believe in building a relationship with the people I make purchases from. There's a strap maker on this forum whom I've spent thousands with. I don't haggle on pricing. I appreciate the quality of work and customer service. Maybe this hobby isn't for you. Visit a dark alley on Canal Street and haggle with a half dozen people for a garbage watch. Seems more your style.

Reactions: Yogibear

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I dont read this thread.
Just my 2 cents:

Buy it or leave it.

Leave it, and price sinks
buy it, and it slowly goes up till no one buys.

as long your so adicted it will go.

Reactions: Yogibear

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Some Reps have become so good that you don't need to build a Franken-Watch anymore, which somehow justified a bit higher prices, but I agree, there is no way I would pay that much for a Rep. My limit is around the $500 mark, and also that just for very good ones.

Reactions: APjumbo

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Some Reps have become so good that you don't need to build a Franken-Watch anymore, which somehow justified a bit higher prices, but I agree, there is no way I would pay that much for a Rep. My limit is around the $500 mark, and also that just for very good ones.

Unfortunately most of those very good ones have already well passed the $500 mark

addingwatch

Known Member
Patron
27/2/07
I agree that overall the reps have gotten better, and with mods you can easily get it over $1000. So while I would not pay that much for this DJ, I would pay $800 if the quality was there.

Samgobigs

11/2/20
Sure this has something to do with which dealer you use? Some TD will charge a higher price, knowing some people will pay.

There are some dealers on WeChat that will sell a VSF datejust around the $400-$450 mark. However they were upfront with me and said VSF datejust are hard to come by and they get deliveries 1-2 times a month at this current time.

Keep in mind that a WeChat dealer will not have customs insurance, hence reflecting a lower price. But like other people have said, some of the dealers asking $600+ is profiteering.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with shopping around. If you are buying a car, wouldn’t you shop around? If one car dealership sells a car for $60,000 and another dealer sells the same car for $40,000 which one would you choose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Sure this has something to do with which dealer you use? Some TD will charge a higher price, knowing some people will pay.

There are some dealers on WeChat that will sell a VSF datejust around the $400-$450 mark. However they were upfront with me and said VSF datejust are hard to come by and they get deliveries 1-2 times a month at this current time.

Keep in mind that a WeChat dealer will not have customs insurance, hence reflecting a lower price. But like other people have said, some of the dealers asking $600+ is profiteering.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with shopping around. If you are buying a car, wouldn’t you shop around? If one car dealership sells a car for $60,000 and another dealer sells the same car for $40,000 which one would you choose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any TD offers customs insurance? I got so many watches from different TD's but not heard anything about this before, maybe because i did not ask, but can you explain this please? I'm really curious about this.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Any TD offers customs insurance? I got so many watches from different TD's but not heard anything about this before, maybe because i did not ask, but can you explain this please? I'm really curious about this.

Most RWI TDs will replace lost/seized items. Some openly say they won’t. Check with the respective dealer first.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland

One package with 2 VSF got seized.
3 days later got money back (JTIME).

Reactions: RX7GP

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
If the price is too high, look for another dealer.

If all of them are still to high, opt for another factory such as EWF and live with it.

Noob daytonas were costing 1200 USD during the end of 2021, haven't we lived through that and now we've got Clean and BTF as options.

Patience is a virtue, even more so in this hobby - that i've learnt.

If your preferred TD is PrOfitEErInG in your eyes, opt to buy it from another guy, heck the person you're complaining about might not even be your first choice(?).