• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Datejust Prices? $700? $800? Just say no. HELL no.

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
I was just looking online to see what sort of new releases there are and I looked on the puretime site for example, where they've re listed VSF datejust 41 models at new, higher prices, in the $700-800 range.
It's not even a tourbillon or anything. WTF.

I will absolutely not support this kind of ridiculous price gouging and you shouldn't either.

This is the same way we got the inflation we're experiencing in the economy today. Corporations saw an opportunity where they could raise prices without facing a lot of retaliation from consumers because they could blame it on "the pandemic" or "supply chain issues" and because everybody else was doing it. But it's not like their costs went up a lot and they were just passing higher costs along to the consumers. Their costs went up a little, and they were also making record breaking profits.

Anyway, just say no to this price gouging. It's just wrong. Refuse to buy at these prices. Also, it is not just puretime. The prices are the same ridiculous prices at the other TDs like Trusty Time etc.

Last edited:

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
I agree. It’s crazy. But pure supply and demand.

Unfortunately there are too many that are willing to part with their cash for these. And not only people from here and other rep fora (obviously!) people from every other corner of the net. I think places like Reddit have helped the ‘inflation’. No offence to any users. Just my thoughts.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
There is no way ppl are buying it at 800 bucks. I would sell mine in an instance. I swear Lucy had them for much much cheaper.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Wow you were not kidding, I thought they were being listed like VSF sub prices. The datejust really are 778usd lol.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
It’s nuts but factory operations are no longer stable, their supply chain is heavily impacted as a result of the raids on vsf, their distribution links are not are efficient post raid. Prices will go up in any industry operating in this manner....they’ll go back down once factory can find a solution to re-establish an efficient and stable production line.

We’re seeing similar price increases in energy supply around the world as a result of the war in Ukraine...it would be an over simplification to say the increase is as a result of supplier greed...it’s not greed it’s supply and demand.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
Maybe their costs are a little higher now, and yes, especially the VSF are of very high quality. But 700$ for a simple datejust... ...without me, i'm out. I just bought a Hulk in Istanbul for 150$, and even though it's not the same quality level, you can only imagine what the Profit is on these VSF.
e8fb7284464219f82ea5c327066ffb95.jpg

Reactions: Backt0thefuture

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
Prices will go up in any industry operating in this manner....they’ll go back down once factory can find a solution to re-establish an efficient and stable production line.
No. They are price gouging and if you or other people pay these prices, the prices will keep going up and up because they keep getting you to part with your $.

As the fast food chains are removing items from and basically eliminating dollar menus, do you think they're going to lower the prices back down to a dollar? If Dollar Tree stores raised the prices on everything to $1.25, do you think they're going to go drop it back down to $1?

Chipotle raised prices 10% and as a result, to quote Senator Bernie Sanders, "Corporate greed is Chipotle increasing its profits by 181% last year to $764 million, giving its CEO a 137% pay raise to $38 million in 2020 and blaming the rising cost of a burrito on a minimum wage worker who got a 50 cent pay raise. That's not inflation. That's price gouging."

Rep factories and TD's were already making huge profits on selling us fake watches. And a $700 or $800 fake Datejust is way beyond a 10% price increase.

If you would want to tell me that Chipotle is going to lower their prices if "supply chain issues" "get better" then I'd probably have to call you a "fucking moron".

We’re seeing similar price increases in energy supply around the world as a result of the war in Ukraine.

I'm going to have to call this out as 100% bullshit too. The USA has been a net exporter of energy and oil for the past few years. We are not dependent on Russian oil, and conflict in Eastern Europe does not explain the price hikes we've seen for oil and gasoline.

If you are not ignorant of global economic issues in the past few years, you will remember that, when the pandemic hit, people stopped driving cars, and thus stopped using fuel. Production remained high and the price per barrel of oil went negative, as companies scrambled to pay exorbitant prices to store the excess oil they were producing. So much oil production had to be shut down. Oil wells had to be shut in. Oil reserves were topped up.

The oil companies are intentionally keeping supply low in order to keep prices high.

"ExxonMobil, the country's largest oil company, reported its net profit more than doubled to $5.5 billion from a year earlier. That was even after booking a $3.4 billion charge from exiting its operations in Russia.
Meanwhile, Chevron reported its highest quarterly profit in nearly a decade, while Shell posted its highest earnings ever.
"

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
Is datejust that popular right now?
No. VSF factory (and maybe TDs) is/are attempting to capitalize on the good reputation they had been building before the raids and testing to see how much they can get customers to pay for its products. Just say no. Fuck. That.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Maybe their costs are a little higher now, and yes, especially the VSF are of very high quality. But 700$ for a simple datejust... ...without me, i'm out. I just bought a Hulk in Istanbul for 150$, and even though it's not the same quality level, you can only imagine what the Profit is on these VSF.
e8fb7284464219f82ea5c327066ffb95.jpg

Bro. You Can’t compare 50£ beach reps with so called 1:1 quality reps. The quality is order of magnitude different and so is the price point.

Cost of finishing goes up exponentially with fit and finish enhancements. Clone movement vs 2813 movement also accounts for something like 100us difference. Top tier sapphire crystal also costs something like 100us more than the stuff you find on a 150us AAA rep.

Profits are high tho and I’m not justifying 700$ reps just saying that the machining costs alone go up significantly between low grade and top tier reps.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
No. They are price gouging and if you or other people pay these prices

I'm going to have to call this out as 100% bullshit too. The USA has been a net exporter of energy and oil for the past few years. We are not dependent on Russian oil, and conflict in Eastern Europe does not explain the price hikes we've seen for oil and gasoline "

Lol. Relax man. You’re getting too emotional over the price of reps. My statement would be 100% bullshit if 100% of members here were from USA and were not dependant to a degree on Russian gas. There are other counties in the world outside USA.

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
Bro. You Can’t compare 50£ beach reps with so called 1:1 quality reps. The quality is order of magnitude different and so is the price point.

Cost of finishing goes up exponentially with fit and finish enhancements. Clone movement vs 2813 movement also accounts for something like 100us difference. Top tier sapphire crystal also costs something like 100us more than the stuff you find on a 150us AAA rep.

Profits are high tho and I’m not justifying 700$ reps just saying that the machining costs alone go up significantly between low grade and top tier reps.

I just looked on ebay and sapphire watch crystals are being sold around $30, which includes shipping to the customer, and the seller is obviously making a profit on this transaction.

You're probably also overestimating machining costs.

Whatever the case, VSF factory and TD's were able to make and sell their fake datejusts for under $500 and make massive profits on them before they did this price gouging move. It is price gouging pure and simple. I'm sure they would still be making massive profits even at a $300 price point.

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
There isnt much to debate about it, frankly everything else is going up in price globally.

If demand drops, they will drop prices, if prices stays high then there are someone out there who is paying. There are alot more customer base out there other than RWI

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
They are testing the waters... and it's all a big money grab, like many products around the world.

That '$758' they supposedly had them up for (looked to me like they're making it a fake mark-up) has now 'dropped' to $698...

What were the VSF DJ 41 price before all these shenanigans?

I want one, but $700 for a fake farcking watch? It's a bit 'rich'!!

Who knows what these are going for locally? What's the profit margin for the dealer from the factory? I'm always hearing from these dealers how little they make on these watches, but I know for a fact and first hand that they're doing quite well out of this business

In the end, they are 100% all working together as a cartel, whether it is instructed by the factories or they all get together and price fix individually.

It needs to be fixed as a group effort... and it won't be pretty in the short term...and I'm not sure if these fora can actually make a dent with sanctions, but that would be the way to do it, if it's doable...

I do remember in the wayback days, the word was the fora makes a very small percentage of their business. I'm not sure that I believe that, at least for the TDs... I think the fora are a large percentage of their business. The factories, on the other hand, are the supply chain to a gazillion shops all mostly around Asia, and some others around the world.

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
Lol. Relax man. You’re getting too emotional over the price of reps. My statement would be 100% bullshit if 100% of members here were from USA and were not dependant to a degree on Russian gas. There are other counties in the world outside USA.
The UK can still import oil from other places than Russia, and the point stands that oil companies around the world stopped producing, and when demand increased, they intentionally have not increased supply to keep pace with that demand because they want the prices and their profits to be high.

Unfortunately, with oil, you have no choice but to buy gasoline for your car to get to work.

Fortunately, with fake watches, you can buy from a different factory or simply not buy that product at all. We should all be repulsed by this price gouging. Do not support it.

Last edited:

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Who would buy a $1000/1200 Vsf Daytona if the quality was as good as their 114060/116610/126610....?

Me and I suppose a lot of us.

Reactions: Pietros

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
No. VSF factory (and maybe TDs) is/are attempting to capitalize on the good reputation they had been building before the raids and testing to see how much they can get customers to pay for its products. Just say no. Fuck. That.

Do you reply to everyone with "No." ? Geez you make me wanna buy the VSF datejust for 800usd just to stick it to you.

Bruv you realize this is illegal products right? I mean what do you expect exactly? Their Public relations team to issue you an apology? Were lucky enough to receive the watch we ordered.

It's a simple Supply and Demand issue that you are not grasping.

Reactions: muiramas