• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Full 18k gold Green HULK !

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
Amazing work, lost words.. simply beautiful

Reactions: Oascom

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Shit..., think I just shit my pants......

Awesome job bro.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Floyd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/15
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous. Pretty cool seeing a bit of the process.

TheChachi

10/9/18
WOW!!! You and KJ2020 have these on lock, and both of your talents are second to none. Seriously, this is something Rolex should release. I almost fell over seeing this one. I am seriously blown away!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ladies and gentlemen i present you my newest modded / plated 18k gold HULK with Blaken edition dial.
everything you see is 18k gold plated. Indices, bezel, hands , bracelet, case even insert pip.
Enjoy!

jJvT1s.jpg
[/url]

Awesome work bro! I didn't know you could plate insert markers - that is beautiful. The sky is the limit with that new toy, WTG!

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
oascom

Personally not really a gold watch guy but this does look good! The quality and amount of effort put in is a credit to you mate. Outstanding craftsmanship as usual

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
And this is how it looked like before:

This is great first attempt! Congrats!!

I'm assuming you used Woods Nickel Strike prior since it's SS?

I also see that you used hard gold. You can use microwaves to give it that soft gold characteristics so you get best of both. I've never used it since I've only done soft gold but I know jewelers who tried it and said it works.

Out of curiosity did you record how long you kept each part in the gold solution? I think the bracelet needed a bit longer. I know instructions will tell you 40-45 seconds but it's 30 seconds for colour and anything after that is thickness. 125-130 seconds is the sweet spot.

Try Pink Gold next. It's the most fun and most durable.

If this is something you like doing and plan on doing more often. Please install a HCN detector at the very least, that Almond smell is no good. Also another tip shine a bright light through the beaker of gold solution to check if there is any bright specks.

Can't wait to see more projects!

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
This is great first attempt! Congrats!!

I'm assuming you used Woods Nickel Strike prior since it's SS?

I also see that you used hard gold. You can use microwaves to give it that soft gold characteristics so you get best of both. I've never used it since I've only done soft gold but I know jewelers who tried it and said it works.

Out of curiosity did you record how long you kept each part in the gold solution? I think the bracelet needed a bit longer. I know instructions will tell you 40-45 seconds but it's 30 seconds for colour and anything after that is thickness. 125-130 seconds is the sweet spot.

Try Pink Gold next. It's the most fun and most durable.

If this is something you like doing and plan on doing more often. Please install a HCN detector at the very least, that Almond smell is no good. Also another tip shine a bright light through the beaker of gold solution to check if there is any bright specks.

Can't wait to see more projects!

Hey buddy, i wear proper gas mask and my solutions don't have cyanide as far as i know. I don't use nickel as it's highly toxic and a lot of people are allergic.

I keep each part around 12-13 minutes for heavy gold plate.

Thank you !

PMS

Horology Curious
19/8/21
Amazing work! Congratulations! Love the green and gold combination

Reactions: Snookit