• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review Better Factory Daytona 116500 black

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
A not so zoomed in view. I feel like the coronet is tilted to the left as opposed to being shifted completely

alleyezonme

Known Member
Certified
20/3/15
London, UK
Does anyone know if the Better Factory version case can accept gen pushers and crown without any mods as for the Clean Factory case, it needs mods inside the case to allow the gen pushers threads to accept them.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
ombre - Don't 2nd guess yourself. You did the right thing. What bothers me more is the tachometer second hand not resting at noon and that would've brought my attention to the coronet tilting slightly to the left.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
ombre - Don't 2nd guess yourself. You did the right thing. What bothers me more is the tachometer second hand not resting at noon and that would've brought my attention to the coronet tilting slightly to the left.

IMO it's just because the watch is slightly tilted to the left, and since the chrono hand is not on the same plan as the coronet it looks like it's misaligned but it's not, and that's also the reason the coronet looks tilted but it's straight
this is a 3D watch so the dial the hands and the insert are all on different plans, when you tilt them left or right they move differently

ombre just ask for another picture taken dead straight to see whether there is indeed an alignment problem or it's just an impression due to the perspective

​​​​​

Last edited:

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
IMO it's just because the watch is slightly tilted to the left, and since the chrono hand is not on the same plan as the coronet it looks like it's misaligned but it's not, and that's also the reason the coronet looks tilted but it's straight
this is a 3D watch so the dial the hands and the insert are all on different plans, when you tilt them left or right they move differently

ombre just ask for another picture taken dead straight to see whether there is indeed an alignment problem or it's just an impression due to the perspective

​​​​​

I feel like that the plane separation may explain hands looking a bit off unless looking at them dead-level, but the coronet, to me, is definitely off. The far right coronet point lines up with the 1-min line and the top left coronet point is left of the 59-min line.

vodamerc

Muppet
22/2/22
Australia
A not so zoomed in view. I feel like the coronet is tilted to the left as opposed to being shifted completely

Definitely off, looks tilted left you're right. That would bug me, especially as the chrono second hand makes it obvious.

Huisman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/22
EU
Folks here at RWI, you can't compare a watch to hand-held photos. And certainly not when taken with a phone, whether that be an iPhone or a Samsung or something similar… you will never get a qualitatively exact reflection in a photo than in real life. So what's the point of all this stuff on the web? I myself have a Daytona panda from CF, the latest version, and I am very happy with it. Definitely satisfied because that panda didn't cost me €50,000…hahaha.

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
Folks here at RWI, you can't compare a watch to hand-held photos. And certainly not when taken with a phone, whether that be an iPhone or a Samsung or something similar… you will never get a qualitatively exact reflection in a photo than in real life. So what's the point of all this stuff on the web? I myself have a Daytona panda from CF, the latest version, and I am very happy with it. Definitely satisfied because that panda didn't cost me €50,000…hahaha.

I understand your point but I have to say that the whole process of QC'ing is subjective. I guess the point of all this is to promote better quality reps. If buyers weren't given an option to QC reps, maybe they wouldn't be at the level they are currently. I personally think the pictures that come from newer phones is amazing and provide a good representation of to expect when the watch is received.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA

Some TDs take pictures with the watch flat on a surface (Hont for example). Granted there are no guarantees that the camera is flat when the pic is taken. However given how sharp and accurate these newer camera phones are I believe the pics are very detailed and allow us to make good critique on these watches. But be careful what you wish for because these pics show some very minor flaws that the naked eye will not see when the watch is on the wrist.

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
Some TDs take pictures with the watch flat on a surface (Hont for example). Granted there are no guarantees that the camera is flat when the pic is taken. However given how sharp and accurate these newer camera phones are I believe the pics are very detailed and allow us to make good critique on these watches. But be careful what you wish for because these pics show some very minor flaws that the naked eye will not see when the watch is on the wrist.

Most of the time once we get the watch in our hands, these "imperfections" form the QC photos.. we cant even see them unless we have a loupe handy

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

If a bezel is not straight in a set of photographs it’s because the bezel is not straight. Period. If the printing on a dial is not centred - same story.

Why reject? It has nothing to do with costs - it costs the factory exactly the same to put the bezel on straight as it does to put on not straight.

$800 is a shit ton of money to spend on a Chinese fake by any standard. A price charged on the pretext that the watch is built and assembled to a certain level of quality. The grey market price of the real watch has no relationship to that.

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
congratulations to everyone for your participation and quality contributions that you always manage to give!

Last edited:
Reactions: mmaggi

EdenAlando

Known Member
5/5/20
Bangkok
I have a V1 and quite honestly I don't notice the long sub dial hands. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Hi Buddy ...U were right...On the wrist...the subdial hands ain't really noticeable... Actually it's look a bit fit then the not too long not too short hands in the gen ...So long it doesn't protrude out the outer circumference.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
jgg4SP.jpg

It's a great rep. Get it and enjoy it.

Don't like it because it's .01 micro millimeter tilted, short, long, thin or thick?

Then Sell it and buy something else.

Simple as that.

Enjoy the hobby rather than bitching and moaning about how the Chinese fake replica is not perfect like gen.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk