• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New GMT II 126720 VTNR Release

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Clean are still using the rough surface machining in the engravings to hide the transition line. It works but the terrible finish almost stands out more. Difference between the ‘1’ and the ‘8’ is day and night no pun intended.
7a27eb7166f7cbc0bab375381b5ece43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snapped a shot of one I just received yesterday from Li.
51953a2531bbab5604ff18a70e41770c.jpg

992c97f1e07cff3d32f9ab037375c38c.jpg

More granular that groovy? Couldn’t really get a line to come up. Ordered this aprox 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: Uhr70

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Snapped a shot of one I just received yesterday from Li.
51953a2531bbab5604ff18a70e41770c.jpg

992c97f1e07cff3d32f9ab037375c38c.jpg

More granular that groovy? Couldn’t really get a line to come up. Ordered this aprox 2 weeks ago.

Can you tell on the wrist? . Yeah looks wavy there…. I looked at recent BLNR and it was a more cross hatched machine pattern. Most likely because the two colour ceramics behave differently under tool deflection or “machinability” can happen when pigments or other additives are used in the substrate to alter pigments.. alternatively giving us the original transition line problem.
As seen here on this clean BLRO the blue ceramic machines differently to the red meaning one colour maybe harder or have different characteristics than the other due to pigment.
So instead of having a different finish in one number they decided to underfinish the whole number. Blue good - red more rough
7a9e1d698b9c00a82f2fececd31481a6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KOT1917

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Can you tell on the wrist? . Yeah looks wavy there…. I looked at recent BLNR and it was a more cross hatched machine pattern. Most likely because the two colour ceramics behave differently under tool deflection or “machinability” can happen when pigments or other additives are used in the substrate to alter pigments.. alternatively giving us the original transition line problem.
As seen here on this clean BLRO the blue ceramic machines differently to the red meaning one colour maybe harder or have different characteristics than the other due to pigment.
So instead of having a different finish in one number they decided to underfinish the whole number. Blue good - red more rough

Acceptable on wrist.

Reactions: mnkoshka

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

I think you are correct here bro. The different color ceramics probably take machining slightly differently. All 4 colors display differing finishes. I think it's also likely that some deliberate compromise tooling is planned to minimize the visibility of the join lines. These results are really quite good, except for some recent issues in the "Sprite" 6 transitions.

Reactions: mnkoshka

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I think you are correct here bro. The different color ceramics probably take machining slightly differently. All 4 colors display differing finishes. I think it's also likely that some deliberate compromise tooling is planned to minimize the visibility of the join lines. These results are really quite good, except for some recent issues in the "Sprite" 6 transitions.

yes it’ definitely seems more prominent with VTNR version. Cleans inserts have been pretty good but hoping they put the effort in to overcome this issue eventually. This would make them the best rep inserts ever

Reactions: KJ2020

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Amazing watch tbh.
i’m a lefty but using my watches on the left hand.
Will order.

Lefty also. I’m catching some heat wearing this model on my left wrist lol. I tried it in my right and just not comfy for me, Is there a proper wrist?

Reactions: nicmend

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Uhr70

you can see in these pics, when facing directly at the camera, the very edges of the xtal that meets the bezel has a distinct creamy white finishing around it.

Oooooo now I see what you mean, thank you! How do you find the cyclops on this Clean release? I thought the milky edge was around the cyclops LOL

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Lefty also. I’m catching some heat wearing this model on my left wrist lol. I tried it in my right and just not comfy for me, Is there a proper wrist?

I tried using all my watches on right hand. And tbh it feels better and have more confident when i'm outside.
This watch needs to be on the left wrist imo. Try watches on ur right hand for a while. No more crownguard issues when doing stuff.

Reactions: macarone

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Oooooo now I see what you mean, thank you! How do you find the cyclops on this Clean release? I thought the milky edge was around the cyclops LOL

That my friend is the HALO! a good strong halo with defined rings around it is actually good instead of bad! take a peep at a well taken gen photograph and you'll see it too :)

I have not received the sprite, its scheduled to reach me tomorrow.

I'll try to take some photos and share them here - albeit with my nonexistent photography skills.

Reactions: Uhr70

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16

Received the sprite with the updated xtal.

Crystal edges are improved but it's still milky from 11 to o'clock.

Cyclops isn't any better from the previous versions as the blackhole effect isn't strong and light still bleeds and reflects in the Cyclops.

​​​​

Wow that's a beauty! I prefer it on oyster bracelet though, but it's definitely a stunner left hander upside down watch isn't for me but I have to say clean is the way to go with 12xxx gmt's

Great buy and enjoy it mate!

Tiltbox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/21
What’s the consensus so far on these from CF? Worth getting now or waiting?

oridian

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/12/19

Received the sprite with the updated xtal.

Crystal edges are improved but it's still milky from 11 to o'clock.

Cyclops isn't any better from the previous versions as the blackhole effect isn't strong and light still bleeds and reflects in the Cyclops.

​​​​

Wow what a sick watch. Makes me wanna get one myself!