• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW RELEASE BT/BETTER FACTORY DAYTONA 116500

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
All these pics on the black, I am seriously considering moving my white CF 116500 to get into a black as they look amazing

Reactions: SuperLory

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
Printing might be better, but subdials are very shiny. You can't see printing details but you can see subdials from distance. I can easily tell from a little distance from shiny subdials under certain lights. BT subdials are shiny, not matte like gen. CF is better, but thicker which is worse than shiny for me.

Still this is by far the best rep, but what i'm trying to say, white or black they both have their tell points, so dont make your decision based on gen-look. They both can be called out by trained eyes or gen owners who know what they wear.

g-yice

Repper 2.0
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
8/8/21
EU
Printing might be better, but subdials are very shiny. You can't see printing details but you can see subdials from distance. I can easily tell from a little distance from shiny subdials under certain lights. BT subdials are shiny, not matte like gen. CF is better, but thicker which is worse than shiny for me.

Still this is by far the best rep, but what i'm trying to say, white or black they both have their tell points, so dont make your decision based on gen-look. They both can be called out by trained eyes or gen owners who know what they wear.

Did you ever have a gen in your hands? Because the gen subdials are also shiny ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Did you ever have a gen in your hands? Because the gen subdials are also shiny ;)

Not like that shiny, they are satin finish,have very specific shine.. very hard to replicate

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16

I owned black one for near 4 years and sold it last year when the market was hot. And i can tell you - No its not shiny, its matte but a beautiful matte.

Shines very little compared to older one. I owned both 116500 and 116520, they are different. BT looks more like 116520's subdials.

Last edited:

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I owned black one for near 2 years and sold it last year when the market was hot. And i can tell you - No its not shiny, its matte but a beautiful matte.

Shines very little compared to older one. I owned both 116500 and 116520, they are different. BT looks more like 116520's subdials.

Quote!
furthermore, counters of the BTF are still too thick. They have the exact same thickness as 116520 :-(

Reactions: RX7GP and Rufctr2

elcapitan17

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/10/20
zAHd7L.jpg
zAHX8Q.jpg
zAHTAS.jpg
zAHwzR.jpg
zAH4Y8.jpg

Mine is arrived (JTime) and I’m sharing some pics here.
Overall it looks great on the wrist. The only flaw that keeps bothering me is the 6-120 is misaligned. To me, it looks very noticeable on the wrist. What do you folks think, am I overlooking this flaw? Would an alignment fix it?

I didn't RL at QC, not to bother the TD, as recommended by some sr. folks here, thinking that a post-sale alignment would fix it. Now I'm trying to reach out to one of our trusted watchmakers, but so far nobody answered my messages. I will really appreciate If someone can recommend a good watch smith in the EU!
Thanks for this amazing thread and for sharing all your knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: alilondon

elcapitan17

7/10/20
My eyes are not trained enough - but under natural light, they look way too shiny.
[added] I can shot other pics if that helps to check subdials if that helps. Just give me some pointers on the details and light.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mc Queen

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
furthermore, counters of the BTF are still too thick. They have the exact same thickness as 116520 :-(

100% this. I keep seeing pics and thinking those subdials look thick and shiny compared to gen

Last edited:
Reactions: Björn_Ironside

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
100% this. I keep seeing pics and thinking those subdials look thick and shiny compared to gen

while the white counters seem slightly more subtle

elcapitan17

7/10/20
Hey folks - again 2 questions, sorry.
- How do you usually get in touch with a trusted watch maker?
- Would you trust a watch maker from RepTim on Reddit w/ some positive reviews?

I'm asking as the only watch maker responsive here on RWI assessed that the bezel cannot be fully aligned at 120. While based on multiple feedback gotten on this thread, I understand this should be an easy change - w/ no need to buy a new bezel.
Thanks much!

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
Just received my BTF v2 black dial today, watch is exceptional but i'm not so warm with these shiny subdials, you can catch that shine from a mile away :) damn shiny. what an easy tell for such a nice build.

Last edited:

Nicolaswatch

Known Member
Patron
Certified
10/12/19
I wonder if it would be possible to tone that shine down with a mod..