• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610LN VSF(post raid) vs CF (November batch)

Pene75

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/21
Hello,
Another topic comparing the two watches:
The VSF one is the one with protection and date 20

As everyone knows the movement is a little softer for VSF and the CG is better.
On the other hand concerning the sapphire and the magnifying glass, for me the quality of the sapphire is the same, there is a blue reflection on the magnifying glass and a slight blur which hardly blurs the reflection but which makes the date slightly less good.
The DW is worse on VSF.
Concerning the bezel teeth on VSF they are much too small.
The bezel is easier to turn on VSF.
SEL's and the strap is better on CF.

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
Great comparison! The hands look very nice on the CF, wow!

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21

Thanks for that, great side by side.
How do the 2 clasps compare?
Still don’t understand why people say the VSF won’t benefit from a Crystal swap when the date wheel looks like this, and can be seen so easily……..

Reactions: Yogibear

Pene75

11/10/21
Still don’t understand why people say the VSF won’t benefit from a Crystal swap when the date wheel looks like this, and can be seen so easily……..

Honestly I didn't look at the claps too much, but the CF one looked better.
The lum's are not the same, I don't know which one is more gen like
VSF's bezel teeth looked 2 times smaller than on CF.

Zeroed1

5/5/21
Hello,

On the other hand concerning the sapphire and the magnifying glass, for me the quality of the sapphire is the same, there is a blue reflection on the magnifying glass and a slight blur which hardly blurs the reflection but which makes the date slightly less good.
The DW is worse on VSF.

Wait, the bezel scallops on your VSF is smaller? I thought that was a Clean issue. I had a VSF 116610LN but sold it, regretted it and bought a CF before VSF stock came back, and was considering selling the CF and buying a VSF but now it seems there will be no guarantees the bezel scallop will be accurate.

Strangely the CF crown guards doesnt bother me as much when the watch is seen IRL, but the bezel scallops is very obvious IMO since it reflects light.

This is my CF:

Pene75

11/10/21
Wait, the bezel scallops on your VSF is smaller? I thought that was a Clean issue. I had a VSF 116610LN but sold it, regretted it and bought a CF before VSF stock came back, and was considering selling the CF and buying a VSF but now it seems there will be no guarantees the bezel scallop will be accurate.

Strangely the CF crown guards doesnt bother me as much when the watch is seen IRL, but the bezel scallops is very obvious IMO since it reflects light.
Yes VSF's are smaller
CF is really annoying at making shit.
Try looking at the QCs on Reddit to see if there is anything consistent.
Or maybe it’s a fake CF. Did you bought it from Jtime?

Zeroed1

5/5/21
Yeah I bought mine fron Jtime/Li. I noticed a few other CFs with the same bezel as mine so I thought its a common issue, but yours seem to have deeper scallops. Mine has all the consistent hallmarks of a genuine CF, so i think it might be batch variation.

Its a shame as its a good unit with everything aligning, buttery smooth winding like my VSF was, very tight bezel feeling (better than my VSF; close to a gen ive handled, but of course this varies unit to unit). Ive come to accept the crown guards but didnt expect the bezel scallops to bother me so much, its shallower and more blunt with uneven brush lines in the machining/finishing which reminds me of cheap knockoffs or homages, whereas my VSF had deep, sharp cuts that reflected light differently.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Honestly I didn't look at the claps too much, but the CF one looked better.
The lum's are not the same, I don't know which one is more gen like
VSF's bezel teeth looked 2 times smaller than on CF.
jk9gfR.png

Something not right with your bezel. VSF and gen bezel were very similar in the past..

VSF/Gen

jktAyp.jpg

Last edited:

Jerrix96

Known Member
26/11/21
Italy
Hello,

The DW is worse on VSF.

Thank you for sharing this!
Two great pieces, however the DW on the VSF in my opinion is the biggest flow. From this comparison I am happy to have chosen the CF 116610LN (still waiting for it to arrive, ordered from Andrew at the beginning of the month). I will post also my photos as soon as it arrives.

Reactions: Pene75

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
Thanks for that side by side. I love the VSF for the more accurate CG. I hope one day they at least fix that first R on the rehaut. Everything else on both watches looks amazing

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
Thank you for sharing this!
Two great pieces, however the DW on the VSF in my opinion is the biggest flow. From this comparison I am happy to have chosen the CF 116610LN (still waiting for it to arrive, ordered from Andrew at the beginning of the month). I will post also my photos as soon as it arrives.

What’s wrong with the DW? I can’t understand choosing Clean over VSF on the 126610

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

Ohhh it needs it. My VSF crystal annoys me.

Reactions: Marky101

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Yes. Like my VSF but that blue/green AR on cyclops is a reminder it's a rep. CF looked better in that aspect?!

Ive accepted gen crystal is something we will always need on any reps lol.