• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona 116519 racing dial build completed.

Snickersup

Known Member
Supporter
31/3/20
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I have finally finished my 116519 project and I thought I would share pics and details for your enjoyment.

my inspiration was from mari115

It started as an arf v2 116519 with silver dial. I started sourcing parts last year. Starting with the dial and subhands from Tony Clifton . The bezel is from watchesparts.com.
​​​​​​​watch originally from MFK100 .

many chats with c_hall100 farnzy85 Tony Clifton , led me to find the watchsmith.

​​​​​​​It was sent off to ado213 to do the mods. The watch movement by all accounts ran in ado's words like a 3 legged dog. He had to do a rather large overhaul and add a new autoreverser wheel. The decoplate was removed, as was the rotor, these rotors are apparently incorrectly weighted to wind the watch properly. A new 7750 rotor was fitted and the full service has it running smoothly and keeping amazing time. A gen spec gasket was also fitted.

Ado has done a fantastic job, really good guy, I csnt thank him enough.

I have never liked the oysterflex straps, the fins dig into my wrist and I hate the shape of them on the wrist. So I took a gamble and bought a used rubber b couture, these are meant for older versions with the older clasp. But with some cutting and shaping I fitted it to my osterflex clasp

this totally changes the watch. It makes the dial pop and boy is it comfortable. Its hugs the wrist and the profile is much tighter looking. A must for any daytona!

the bezel has a real nice depth in the engraving. Unlike any others I've seen. The arf and noob looks so shallow.

a want to give a big thanks to everyone involved who helped with the parts, the build, the tips, and the inspiration.

The search for the noob caseback continues. But here are the results.
​​​​​​​

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
Very nice indeed! Very unique look.

farnzy85

Supporter
Certified
13/4/14
Awesome watch mate!! Upload some pics in the sunlight when you get the chance! I bet she pops!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Very very nice, congrats Sir & well wear.
Really really like the red stitching on the rubber B, a great strap choice imo:thumbsup:

Reactions: Plaasbaas

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
It looks great! Lovely. Congrats, enjoy it. I can only imagine what you had to do to make your rubber strap fit.
I had quite the fight with a rubber strap and a daytone of mine the other day until it was successfully mounted.

I do not even know what factory this is, but she is somehow similar and says "Hi" :)

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
I decided to start this build at the peak of the noob crisis, so I had to go with arf, so it's frozen subs. Now noobs keep popping up to taunt me. The chrono function is useless to me so I'm not that worried.

Doesn’t detract at all from what is a beautiful watch to me. Great choice, subtle and striking. Not easy to pull off but you’ve done it well.

Snickersup

Known Member
Supporter
31/3/20
United Kingdom
Thanks bud, it's without doubt the best looking watch I've ever owned, as domiffm says there is nothing that beats a daytona, slim, comfortable, classic design. My next one will be an ember.

Reactions: domiffm

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Beautiful result bro, congrats. Can we see a pic of the clasp and how it was fitted, I really like the look and might try something similar. Thanks!

Reactions: johnlogan

hzha8687

Daytonaism
22/12/18
Beautiful build!
The racing dials are on another level :)
Enjoy it.

Mine says hello!
8778e27f3b40a3cca15cbee14eb1c013.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SKnight and KJ2020

Clarkent

SuperfranKent®️
Gold Patron
Certified
12/9/19
Smallville
Hi guys, I have finally finished my 116519 project and I thought I would share pics and details for your enjoyment.

It started as an arf v2 116519 with silver dial. I started sourcing parts last year. Starting with the dial and subhands from Tony Clifton . The bezel is from watchesparts.com.
​​​​​​​watch originally from MFK100 .

many chats with c_hall100 farnzy85 Tony Clifton , led me to find the watchsmith.

​​​​​​​It was sent off to ado213 to do the mods. The watch movement by all accounts ran in ado's words like a 3 legged dog. He had to do a rather large overhaul and add a new autoreverser wheel. The decoplate was removed, as was the rotor, these rotors are apparently incorrectly weighted to wind the watch properly. A new 7750 rotor was fitted and the full service has it running smoothly and keeping amazing time. A gen spec gasket was also fitted.

I have never liked the oysterflex straps, the fins dig into my wrist and I hate the shape of them on the wrist. So I took a gamble and bought a used rubber b couture, these are meant for older versions with the older clasp. But with some cutting and shaping I fitted it to my osterflex clasp

this totally changes the watch. It makes the dial pop and boy is it comfortable. Its hugs the wrist and the profile is much tighter looking. A must for any daytona!

the bezel has a real nice depth in the engraving. Unlike any others I've seen. The arf and noob looks so shallow.

a want to give a big thanks to everyone involved who helped with the parts, the build, the tips, and the inspiration.

The search for the noob caseback continues. But here are the results.
​​​​​​​

beautiful, I'm starting the same project on an ARF basis but will have the 4130 Noob inside

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

BoulderJ

7/5/21

watch originally from MFK100 .

It was sent off to ado213 to do the mods. The watch movement by all accounts ran in ado's words like a 3 legged dog. He had to do a rather large overhaul and add a new autoreverser wheel. The decoplate was removed, as was the rotor, these rotors are apparently incorrectly weighted to wind the watch properly. A new 7750 rotor was fitted and the full service has it running smoothly and keeping amazing time. A gen spec gasket was also fitted.

The search for the noob caseback continues.​​​​​​​

Beautiful piece. I'm doing a racing dial build myself and wondered about the dial you used. I assume it's not gen (?), but what is the source (factory)? Also, I thought the racing dial should have a red big chrono hand as well as the red dial hands. Was the silver chrono hand just your preference?

​​​​​​​Great work!

Last edited: