• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory GMT batgirl bezel action

repab

Horology Curious
16/9/17
Can’t find anything on this , pls guide me if thread exists

got the watch recently from puretime, the bezel action seems very poor. Like very blunt and gummy
anyway to fix it , could it be possibly over lubricated ? Any fix ?

thanks in advance

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It could be caused by a number of things, although AFAIK these aren't lubricated at all (well, not intentionally - I mean, the person who assembled this may have accidentally secreted something into it...), so that's probably the one thing not causing the issue!

Paging KJ2020 for an experienced opinion regarding potential issues that could be responsible, and perhaps a suggested course of action.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Mine feels the same now that you mention it, but then again I don't turn the bezel tbh & genuinely curious at times why some people do.

Am just happy if it's centred and I understand the functionality re diving etc, but otherwise, on a replica..why mess with it at all.

If it's an easy fix, I'll do it, if not it'll be ignored ;)

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Mine feels the same now that you mention it, but then again I don't turn the bezel tbh & genuinely curious at times why some people do.

Am just happy if it's centred and I understand the functionality re diving etc, but otherwise, on a replica..why mess with it at all.

If it's an easy fix, I'll do it, if not it'll be ignored ;)

It’s kind of a big part of the function & purpose of the watch, to monitor multiple time zones, so for a GMT I want a functioning bezel for sure

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
It’s kind of a big part of the function & purpose of the watch, to monitor multiple time zones, so for a GMT I want a functioning bezel for sure

The GMT hand already allows you to monitor a 2nd timezone, the bezel is only useful to monitor a 3rd

But I see what you mean and I'd like a sturdy bezel as well

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

Fair point.
Wouldnt be functionality I'd use alot, so different strokes for different folks.

​​​​

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
[mention]Tobel [/mention] [mention]P..DR..D [/mention]

Well to be fair it could have 4 time zones & I’d still be late everywhere :)

But you'd be late rocking a slick watch, so alls good ;)

Reactions: Sumo86

repab

Horology Curious
16/9/17
Thanks eveyone for the inputs ,
i will try to open and grease / de grease the same for better click action .