• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3135 inside JKF 1680

Pezzie1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/20
Would anyone know whether a 3135 clone can accomodate a 1680 dial and fit into a JKF/cartel case?

I’m aware there are several clone movements and dials available so I’m curious if there’s any magic combination that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Not likely bro. Those come with either a DG2813 or an ETA clone 2836 so the 3135 stem height will be too far off to fit the tube hole. You can put a gen dial on either movement by clipping the the feet and gluing/soldering new feet but that will devalue a gen dial. Also the size of the rehaut opening should be compared to the dial size as often rep dials are larger and a gen dial could be too small for a particular rep model.

Reactions: Pezzie1

Pezzie1

15/9/20
Not likely bro. Those come with either a DG2813 or an ETA clone 2836 so the 3135 stem height will be too far off to fit the tube hole. You can put a gen dial on either movement by clipping the the feet and gluing/soldering new feet but that will devalue a gen dial. Also the size of the rehaut opening should be compared to the dial size as often rep dials are larger and a gen dial could be too small for a particular rep model.

Thank you very much.

Reactions: KJ2020

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
It fits. I actually have built it with ARF 3135 in JKF 1680 case

A Corean swagger

Got pics? Thanks!

I could imagine you probably made the sh3135 movement sit lower by either (1) adding a shim/ ring between the bottom of rehaut and the dial or (2) making the movement lower by adding shims between the dial and the movement

I used method (2) to make a VR3135 movement fit inside a raffles 2824-2 datejust case so that the stem alignment is better

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Pushing the movement down that far from the cyclops will increase the magnification of the datewheel by a very noticeable amount. I guess if there is any model you could get away with this on it would be the 1680 though. I always thought those huge date displays looked ridiculous. YMMV.

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Adding shims above or below the dial creates new problems for you, in addition to what KJ mentioned above. You’ll end up with a sunken datewheel, and you’ll need to increase the height of your CP otherwise your hands won’t clear the dial.

An option to consider is sending your case to a forum modder who will remove the tube, refill the hole with steel, then drill a new hole a bit higher than the previous one. Re-tap the new hole, reinsert the tube and you should be good to go. A lot of fiddly work, but you’ll achieve your goal in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pezzie1

15/9/20
Adding shims above or below the dial creates new problems for you, in addition to what KJ mentioned above. You’ll end up with a sunken datewheel, and you’ll need to increase the height of your CP otherwise your hands won’t clear the dial.

An option to consider is sending your case to a forum modder who will remove the tube, refill the hole with steel, then drill a new hole a bit higher than the previous one. Re-tap the new hole, reinsert the tube and you should be good to go. A lot of fiddly work, but you’ll achieve your goal in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely sounds like too much hassle for me haha. Why can’t someone make a 1570 clone movement!