• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What would cause noob 4130 to reset at different spots

mdal86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/10
Hi I’m curious as to what would cause a 4130 second hand to reset at different spots when I reset the chrono.
ce85042e2486b5dcc7287a36a7f7c0e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
The chronograph hand tube is loose on the chronograph pivot, not enough to cause it to fall off, but enough to where when you reset the chronograph it slips on the pivot and dosnt go back to "zero". To fix this it's probably best to take it to a watchmaker who will tighten the chronograph tube.

Reactions: mdal86

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
In the mean time you can just run the chrono hand to 12 and stop it there. Chances are the minute counter won't increment and everything will look normal. If the minute counter does increment, just reset and repeat until you get it to look right.

Reactions: mdal86

mdal86

24/5/10
Thanks guys. I have reached out to [mention]watchservicesny [/mention] It seems as though the GEN hands are a bit different to fit on the noob pinion definitely needs to be tightened with a pin vice.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
KJ2020 If i have it correct in mind, you once also told me about the spring which pulls back the second hand of chrono, that in the 4130 clone movements this part is not the best. Sounds like an option for me.

mdal86

24/5/10
Could be but I chapter hands to gen so most likely a figment issue

Reactions: KJ2020

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
If you have noob hands then is not the pivot,
Pivot is nice and tight on the wheel pinion but the hand itself what slips from the pivot
Noob doesn’t use caping finishing and instead is flat and not holding hand study
Gen or aftermarket hands will fix the issue

mdal86

24/5/10
If you have noob hands then is not the pivot,
Pivot is nice and tight on the wheel pinion but the hand itself what slips from the pivot
Noob doesn’t use caping finishing and instead is flat and not holding hand study
Gen or aftermarket hands will fix the issue

Hey bro I sent you an email. The hands are gen. Please email me back so we can arrange me sending you my watch.

Reactions: Tijdwijzer