• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16613 bezel

Justiny

Horology Curious
20/10/20
Hello , I’m building 16613
Can I use 16713 bezel (gen) on my 16613 franken (JF) based
Does it have same model ? 16713,16613

thank you

maestroa12349

10/3/16
Yes, the bezel rings are the same for 16713 and 16613

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maestroa12349

10/3/16
Eh? GMT bezel is 24 clicks. Sub is 120 clicks.

That is only the case for 6 digits, no? The 1661x and 1671x, 5 digit Subs and GMTs should have the same bezel rings but with different click springs.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
That is only the case for 6 digits, no? The 1661x and 1671x, 5 digit Subs and GMTs should have the same bezel rings but with different click springs.

Ofcourse, my bad. You are correct, the difference being the one way spring.

FaekieOne

Known Member
18/1/22
Is ARF 16610 without rehaut engraving currently the only way to build 16613 period correct franken? Of course the case needs lug holes for tritium dial, but I could live without the lug holes, but rehaut engravings in BPF 16613 is too new for my next build.

I haven't seen any other 16613 replica than BPF at Trusty and it has rehaut engraving. It would be cheaper, since bracelet, bezel and crown are included and with ARF I would have to buy all these separately. If I remove the BPF's crystal, is it possible to buff the engravings? I have a jeweller friend who could drill the lug holes and polish the rehaut, BUT does it take genuine dial and genuine insert?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Is ARF 16610 without rehaut engraving currently the only way to build 16613 period correct franken? Of course the case needs lug holes for tritium dial, but I could live without the lug holes, but rehaut engravings in BPF 16613 is too new for my next build.

I haven't seen any other 16613 replica than BPF at Trusty and it has rehaut engraving. It would be cheaper, since bracelet, bezel and crown are included and with ARF I would have to buy all these separately. If I remove the BPF's crystal, is it possible to buff the engravings? I have a jeweller friend who could drill the lug holes and polish the rehaut, BUT does it take genuine dial and genuine insert?

There are 3 different movements available in BP 1661x. The ETA clones and DG2813s have non gen-spec crystals with straight side edges and the cyclops is in the ETA/DG native dial window position (1mm right of Rolex window).

So of course you would want the 3135 movement. It has a gen-spec crystal that can be replaced and it will take a gen dial. The movement is an SA3135, which is the worst but even ARF's SH should be replaced with a VR IMO.

None of the BP versions will take a gen bezel or insert without some expert modding. They all use the 8 sided wire clip to attach the bezel, the insert is only 37.5 wide, gen is ~37.65mm. The outside of the rehaut is a smaller diameter than the inside diameter of a gen crystal retaining ring, so a mod to fit a gen-spec bezel needs a filler in that gap. Laser weld or epoxy can work. I converted one using epoxy almost 4 years ago, it has held up perfectly.

The inside rehaut engraving can be sanded off but there's actually a fair bit of material that needs to be removed to erase the engravings completely. This will usually result in floating minute tics (space to the rehaut) where there should not be any.

Note the difference in space between a sanded and a stock BP rehaut on two 16570s. Black dial has sanded rehaut. You can also easily see the difference in rehaut thicknesses at the ledge.

16082202247111.jpg

16056246971440.jpg

Also one of biggest complaints about the BP 1661x is the wide lug chamfers. They can be narrowed with some careful side sanding of the case.

BPs are often passed over due to these issues but I like them for what they are and have probably 5 of them. The smaller insert worked well in one I converted to a 14060, hah.

But since you want to do an accurate rep, you would be better off looking elsewhere for a base.

Here is a BP (on top) next to a TC with drilled lugs

jUIhb8.jpg

jUIKTR.jpg

jUIHqL.jpg

jUI3DQ.jpg

jUIjMS.jpg

jUIZ9W.jpg

jUqVBo.jpg

jUqJ5k.jpg

Also check out this thread
Https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...other-st-build

Last edited:
Reactions: FaekieOne

FaekieOne

Known Member
18/1/22
There are 3 different movements available in BP 1661x. The ETA clones and DG2813s have non gen-spec crystals with straight side edges and the cyclops is in the ETA/DG native dial window position (1mm right of Rolex window).
So of course you would want the 3135 movement. It has a gen-spec crystal that can be replaced and it will take a gen dial. The movement is an SA3135, which is the worst but even ARF's SH should be replaced with a VR IMO.
None of the BP versions will take a gen bezel or insert without some expert modding. They all use the 8 sided wire clip to attach the bezel, the insert is only 37.5 wide, gen is ~37.65mm. The outside of the rehaut is a smaller diameter than the inside diameter of a gen crystal retaining ring, so a mod to fit a gen-spec bezel needs a filler in that gap. Laser weld or epoxy can work. I converted one using epoxy almost 4 years ago, it has held up perfectly.
The inside rehaut engraving can be sanded off but there's actually a fair bit of material that needs to be removed to erase the engravings completely. This will usually result in floating minute tics (space to the rehaut) where there should not be any.
Note the difference in space between a sanded and a stock BP rehaut on two 16570s. Black dial has sanded rehaut. You can also easily see the difference in rehaut thicknesses at the ledge.
16082202247111.jpg

16056246971440.jpg

Also one of biggest complaints about the BP 1661x is the wide lug chamfers. They can be narrowed with some careful side sanding of the case.
BPs are often passed over due to these issues but I like them for what they are and have probably 5 of them. The smaller insert worked well in one I converted to a 14060, hah.
But since you want to do an accurate rep, you would be better off looking elsewhere for a base.
Here is a BP (on top) next to a TC with drilled lugs
jUIhb8.jpg

jUIKTR.jpg

jUIHqL.jpg

jUI3DQ.jpg

jUIjMS.jpg

jUIZ9W.jpg

jUqVBo.jpg

jUqJ5k.jpg

Also check out this thread
Https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...other-st-build
Thank you sir!
Yes, I was going to get the 3135 version and use the SA3135 till it craps out on me.
I've got to build my ARF 16610 probably first so I can see If I'm satisfied with the that case. I really hope I receive my QC photos soon. I have already bought the latest VR3135 and replaced the DW to a gen. Plus I have gen dial and insert.
The rehaut's engraving sure is deep, thanks for the photos. And also for the comparison between a TC and BP. The BP isn't bad at all except for the rehaut. For a low budget franken and upgrading to a better case in the future is always an option.

I guess Startime cases aren't available anymore?

FaekieOne

Known Member
18/1/22
Well I didn't want to start with a half ass case, so I just purchased an ARF 16610 for the base. Since it's a 904L steel, it will not be gen spec, lol. :D JF 16610's are not available anymore.
I will send the bezel and crown for gold electroplating, it's not expensive at all. I hope the bezel will not be thickened in the process, so I can still mount a gen insert there. If not, I'll just get the WSO bezel or sand the insert a little.
jusT2c.jpg

The color of hour marker's tritium lume is beautiful on my dial! I really should buy gen hands, but I don't think I can stretch my budget anymore. Maybe I will upgrade them in the future, but the question now is what are the best aftermarket golden hands for 3135? I've ordered stuff from WSO before and I haven't been impressed with the quality for the price. Same Chinese cheap shit that can be bought fraction of the price elsewhere. I will most likely have to age the lume on the hands anyway to match the dial.