No announcement yet.

Rolex GMT II V6 GMF 3285 CHS Is Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[mention]Fureto [/mention] The VR 3186 is the way to go, just make sure you’re getting the correct movement. As you can see if you scroll up in this thread, the movement has been stamped incorrectly.

Comment

Anyone know if these newer GMF GMTs can take a gen crystal? I seem to remember the older ones having date magnification issues if the crystal was set at the correct height. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GGEuroHEADSHOT View Post
        [mention]Fureto [/mention] The VR 3186 is the way to go, just make sure you’re getting the correct movement. As you can see if you scroll up in this thread, the movement has been stamped incorrectly.
        many thanks for the reply, what about the possibility to swap spare bezel with different color from the same factory ? as an example swap the BLRO with a BLACK one ?

Comment

Originally posted by furetto View Post

many thanks for the reply, what about the possibility to swap spare bezel with different color from the same factory ? as an example swap the BLRO with a BLACK one ?
          Take a pic of your movement, as mentioned GMF doesn't always deliver the VR movement. Your issue sounds more like performance from an SA3285.

You can swap ceramic inserts around on Rolex GMT and Sub reps and gens, they are all essentially the same diameters. Sometimes thickness varies. If you stick to the same factory you can usually avoid that.

Insert changing for the GMTs is the same as for Subs

6-digit Sub crystal and bezel swap
          Last edited by KJ2020; 25-02-22, 23:28.
          We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
          GMT Movements Explained
          BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
          Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
          The Fantasy Watch Thread
          Noob GMT's poor bezel design
          Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by shel504 View Post
            Anyone know if these newer GMF GMTs can take a gen crystal? I seem to remember the older ones having date magnification issues if the crystal was set at the correct height. Thanks.
            Looking at the side view of the new GMFs it appears that the rep crystal sitting height is much lower (gen-like) than on previous versions. It does not appear that there would be a date mag issue if swapping a gen crystal in. I would have an assortment of gasket heights on hand (2.5, 2.7, 2.85mm) and check which one satisfies both mag and sitting height before pressing. Gaskets can also be easily shaved both in height and in thickness if necessary. I recently had to shave a gen gasket a little in thickness to get it to fit under a rep retaining ring. Gen gaskets are much tougher and more dense and the ring just wasn't going to go on with that much bulk under it.
            We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
            GMT Movements Explained
            BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
            Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
            The Fantasy Watch Thread
            Noob GMT's poor bezel design
            Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Pulled the trigger on the v6 gmf and vr movement. Will post pics one I have it.

Comment

I think GMF has run out of its new high quality bezels and is trying to pull a fast one by supplying new V5 and V6 watches with old lower quality bezels from 2 years ago yet charging a premium price of US$548

Below is a QC of a V5 126719BLRO that I received just a few days ago. I was hopping mad when I saw this shit. The red on the bezel is WRONG and also the transition defect at 6 o'clock is an obscene eyesore!

Watches for Sale - WW Shipping
                I have these for sale (see link below)! Interested? PM me to discuss!
                https://clickpix.org/images/zLjCBn.png

Comment

Sorry, double post.
                  Last edited by Hans81; 26-02-22, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by jkrw247 View Post
                    I think GMF has run out of its new high quality bezels and is trying to pull a fast one by supplying new V5 and V6 watches with old lower quality bezels from 2 years ago yet charging a premium price of US$548

Below is a QC of a V5 126719BLRO that I received just a few days ago. I was hopping mad when I saw this shit. The red on the bezel is WRONG and also the transition defect at 6 o'clock is an obscene eyesore!

Wow, that does look quite different to the posts earlier. Will post my qc once I have it next week. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

These are my QC pics of a v5 with vr3186 movt in transport to me.
                      Last edited by gianton; 26-02-22, 12:33.

... OP boutique back in '84

Comment

With a decent bezel lip and a black hole effect crystal this would be nicer than the CF overall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

http://www.cigaraficionado.com

https://www.tudorwatch.com

If it floats , flies or fucks it's probably cheaper to rent!

Comment

Looking good to me. Waiting for my qc on the Pepsi to arrive.

Comment

That rootbeer is damn sexy - also think it looks good but I am no expert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jkrw247 View Post

I just received my QC from Lana @ JTime and have the same problem as you jkrw247 .

I've RL and asked to have the correct V5 / V6 bezel.

I've also asked for an image of the movement and video of them adjusting time by 24hr's as KJ2020 highlighted with the forward jumping hour hand.

Fingers crossed it can be sorted

Last edited by Air_Fryer_AJ; 04-03-22, 07:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X