• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT II V6 GMF 3285 CHS Is Out

gianton

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/12/07
Greece

I ordered a GMT II 126710 with Jubilee bracelet by GMF V6 with VR movement, I will get the casing opened to check movement later, but is it me or do you guys see a blue crown? I see it in the photo and also the video at the end which i took a screenshot, that's not normal right?
It's just a sticker nothing to worry about.

Reactions: KJ2020

n4sthis

Horology Curious
14/2/22
Thank you

Also here is the open casing for the GMT II 126710 GMF V6, is this the VR movement?

n4sthis

Horology Curious
14/2/22
oh wow, thank you

how would I be able to tell the difference betw VR3186 and the not good VS3285 movement?

is there side by side pictures of the open back casing somewhere?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
oh wow, thank you

how would I be able to tell the difference betw VR3186 and the not good VS3285 movement?

is there side by side pictures of the open back casing somewhere?

SA3285 on top (like yours)
jpjr5P.jpg

You can also verify with a video of time setting

VR - fwd crown = fwd hands
SA - fwd crown = backward hands

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Trusty has a drop down menu to choose the movement you want. They started doing that with V5. Amazingly, the TD menu even says the VR is RECOMMENDED.

Trusty doesn't even list a V5 Jubilee anymore but the oyster V5 still has the movement choice menu.

Https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php...ducts_id=23927

Both V6 versions are available with either movement through the menu.

https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php...ort=20a&page=1

The SA3285 first appeared at V4. The whole reason for a V5 (in the Pepsi) was to offer the VR movement choice because sales were poor. The version numbers V4 - V6 across all GMF GMTs have negligible changes aside from their movement shuffling (the GMF Batman did get a new insert at V5).

The two movements are interchangeable in the case and take the same handset and datewheel. The difference is in quality and cost. The Pepsi is available with Jubilee and VR3186. If a customer specifically asks for those two features, that's what he should get regardless of what version number the factory or the TD says it is.

That response from Eric at Geektime is proof that neither the factory nor the dealer can keep it straight or get it right. And the customer gets screwed in the end.

The real issue here is that GMF either bought or is under contract to purchase a huge number of inferior, poorly selling movements and has come up with convoluted ways to force their sales. This includes using them in their pseudonym factory JDF watches.

Last edited:

Air_Fryer_AJ

Horology Curious
16/12/21
Ive been contemplating on whether to go GMF or CF and pulled the trigger on a GMF 126710BLRO V6 with Jubilee bracelet and emphasized with the TD it must be a VR3186 movement.

Fingers crossed this is what GMF supply. ????

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Trusty has a drop down menu to choose the movement you want. They started doing that with V5. Amazingly, the TD menu even says the VR is RECOMMENDED.

Trusty doesn't even list a V5 Jubilee anymore but the oyster V5 still has the movement choice menu.

Https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php...ducts_id=23927

Both V6 versions are available with either movement through the menu.

https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php...ort=20a&page=1

The SA3285 first appeared at V4. The whole reason for a V5 (in the Pepsi) was to offer the VR movement choice because sales were poor. The version numbers V4 - V6 across all GMF GMTs have negligible changes aside from their movement shuffling (the GMF Batman did get a new insert at V5).

The two movements are interchangeable in the case and take the same handset and datewheel. The difference is in quality and cost. The Pepsi is available with Jubilee and VR3186. If a customer specifically asks for those two features, that's what he should get regardless of what version number the factory or the TD says it is.

That response from Eric at Geektime is proof that neither the factory nor the dealer can keep it straight or get it right. And the customer gets screwed in the end.

The real issue here is that GMF either bought or is under contract to purchase a huge number of inferior, poorly selling movements and has come up with convoluted ways to force their sales. This includes using them in their pseudonym factory JDF watches.

Bro 3285 is it clone movement? Accept gen 126710 dial?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
GMF clone 3285 will accept gen dial and hands 126710?

It will take gen hands but not the dial bro

"And no it won't take a gen 3285 dial, it has 313x feet holes at 13 and 37 minutes."

That's a very good thing for you so now you won't be tempted to compromise and use a poor quality movement.

Last edited:

furetto

Horology Curious
19/9/16
Hi to all, has anyone tested the VR3186 CHS movement ? if serviced anyone can comment the movement precision ? i had a bad expereince with a poor movement and it has 1 minute delay per day, so in 10 days it's 10 minutes late...
Any comment about ?
Also can i change the bezel (serviced by a watchmaker) ? Is a buy the blue/red version can i change the bezel with the blak/blue one if i buy it as a spare ?