• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT II V6 GMF 3285 CHS Is Out

Nomolos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/19
Candyland
BTW if a TD is unwilling to open the caseback for a movement inspection, ask for a video of time setting.

SA3285 - Fwd crown = Backward hands
VR3185/6 ‐ Fwd crown = Fwd hands

These are very good pointers. I don't think many of us can differentiate the difference between a 3186 and 3285 by looking. With fake engravings, even a 2824 with 3135 markings look legit .. lol

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
I think this is still the 116xxx case like on the clean one....

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
27/12/12
I think this is still the 116xxx case like on the clean one....

That’s a good question. [mention]KJ2020 [/mention] what are your thoughts? My GMF V5 has the 116710 engravings but how are the lugs/case? Is this a 116710 case or 126710 case?

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I took printscreens from Trusty's demo videos and compared to Clean. Assuming he is using the same studio light and white balance I can't see why GMF is better (or worse) regarding red insert color.

In other words, don't expect GMF v6 to be less orange Clean.

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
27/12/12
regarding red insert color.

Having the V5, and knowing that the V6 is just a V5 with an option for a crappy movement, I can attest that I cannot get any orange or brown notes to come out in varying lighting environments.

Hence not snagging a CF as of yet, worried about getting a better rehaut but crappier bezel & color…

Reactions: RiffRalf

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think most factories use whatever minimum standard GMT case they can get at the cheapest price for their next batch run. NOOB is the only one I've seen do two distinctly different cases at the same time for 116 and 126 models. Other factories I guess try to give the right 116 or 126 case engraving but the cases are usually the same. There isn't a huge amount of difference in lug thicknesses among most of the current offerings so I'm not sweating that detail much. I try to enjoy it for what it is and not hate it for what it's not.

jTAVRb.jpg

Last edited:

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
That’s a good question. [mention]KJ2020 [/mention] what are your thoughts? My GMF V5 has the 116710 engravings but how are the lugs/case? Is this a 116710 case or 126710 case?

I'm not an expert on GMT cases, but my gen's subs 116xxx and 126xxx have noticeable huge difference on the lugs...the 126xxx is slimmer...

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Having the V5, and knowing that the V6 is just a V5 with an option for a crappy movement, I can attest that I cannot get any orange or brown notes to come out in varying lighting environments.

Hence not snagging a CF as of yet, worried about getting a better rehaut but crappier bezel & color…

Firstly, Im no expert in this model. But without them side by side in the same room it will be hard to get a clear answer. Thats why I shared pics from the same lightning and let people judge for themself.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Maybe these have been shared before. If so, sorry. Got these pics from another forum. For insert comparison.

-GMF (v5, I assume same insert on v6) has blue dial
-CF has black dial

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
27/12/12
For insert comparison.

-GMF (v5, I assume same insert on v6)

I know Major did this comparison on Reddit but looking back at the GMF variants, I think the insert is from V4 (note the high transition in “18”)

Hopefully I can catch a CF 126710 soon & do a proper side by side unless I get bored & give up the whole endeavor for a Batman haha

Reactions: Nomolos and Akilles

AX3L

8/9/20
Italy
which do you think is better CF or GMF V6?

I've had a Pepsi CF v2, and our beloved JohnnyDepp did an amazing job emphasising the Lip at the bezel and swapping the xtal to a Gen one.
He also did a full service and the watch was very nice.

However I was not satisfied by the bezel mechanism as well as I was not fully satisfied by the insert color.
(The faults in the case's shape, honestly, didn't annoying me!). Because of that I sold it.

Of course, now I'm looking again for a pepsi (!!) then I'm investigating about the new GMF v5, and (please correct me if I'm wrong) it seems it could be assumed at least as a CF with a better bezel.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
it seems it could be assumed at least as a CF with a better bezel.

I wouldn't assume anything with GMF, they've been known to manufacture 2nd tier reps and there are things you can't judge from pictures. Until someone buys one and shares their thoughts we just don't know

Rubiss

19/9/21
I've had a Pepsi CF v2, and our beloved JohnnyDepp did an amazing job emphasising the Lip at the bezel and swapping the xtal to a Gen one.
He also did a full service and the watch was very nice.

However I was not satisfied by the bezel mechanism as well as I was not fully satisfied by the insert color.
(The faults in the case's shape, honestly, didn't annoying me!). Because of that I sold it.

Of course, now I'm looking again for a pepsi (!!) then I'm investigating about the new GMF v5, and (please correct me if I'm wrong) it seems it could be assumed at least as a CF with a better bezel.

so yes I agree with you, I have a cf Pepsi v2 and am not satisfied with the color of the insert, the bezel is shitty, and the crystal needs to be changed.

Before buying a GMF v5 I expect positive opinions.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

That's a good looking sample. The bezel lip looks improved over a previous sample I saw. The rehaut engraving is misaligned on the left side. Compare the R at 45 to the X at 15. But since the engravings are lighter, it won't be a prominent flaw. I'll take that over a crappy greasy bezel for sure, all other aspects being nearly equal. If you go GMF make damn sure you get the VR movement. A video of time setting can confirm.

VR - fwd crown = fwd hands
SA - fwd crown = backward hands

Last edited:

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
That's a good looking sample. The bezel lip looks improved over a previous sample I saw. The rehaut engraving is misaligned on the left side. Compare the R at 45 to the X at 15. But since the engravings are lighter, it won't be a prominent flaw. I'll take that over a crappy greasy bezel for sure, all other aspects being nearly equal. If you go GMF make damn sure you get the VR movement. A video of time setting can confirm.

VR - fwd crown = fwd hands
SA - fwd crown = backward hands

This is the DJF “V5” https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master...-edition-on-ss-oyster-bracelet-vr3285-v5.html

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

The ads say JDF, which I heard was the name GMF used during raids. It looks just like a GMF, except for the better bezel lip. GMFs have historically had poor rehauts, particularly on the left side.

PT has mis-labelled the movement, this is clearly an SA3285. The balance assembly (stud arm on right) and the rotor (7 round holes) are unique to the SA among the rep GMT movements. So this is essentially no different than a GMF with an SA3285 IMO. Hopefully the real GMF bezel lip has improved now too, and with a real VR3185/6, it would be a viable option.

BTW there is no VR3285, only a VR3185/6 with 3285 engraving. This is not one of those so it's a misleading ad to say it nicely.

juHENn.jpg

juHRK3.jpg

Last edited:

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
The ads say JDF, which I heard was the name GMF used during raids. It looks just like a GMF, except for the better bezel lip. GMFs have historically had poor rehauts, particularly on the left side.

PT has mis-labelled the movement, this is clearly an SA3285. The balance assembly (stud arm on right) and the rotor (7 round holes) are unique to the SA among the rep GMT movements. So this is essentially no different than a GMF with an SA3285 IMO. Hopefully the real GMF bezel lip has improved now too, and with a real VR3185/6, it would be a viable option.

BTW there is no VR3285, only a VR3185/6 with 3285 engraving. This is not one of those so it's a misleading ad to say it nicely.

juHENn.jpg

juHRK3.jpg

I will take a few pics of the movement once I receive it! Reverting.

Reactions: KJ2020

n4sthis

Horology Curious
14/2/22

I ordered a GMT II 126710 with Jubilee bracelet by GMF V6 with VR movement, I will get the casing opened to check movement later, but is it me or do you guys see a blue crown? I see it in the photo and also the video at the end which i took a screenshot, that's not normal right?