• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage Rolex Explorer II 1655 REMASTERED

Ticktock8

👽👽👽👽👽
Patron
Certified
27/2/17
UK
Here it is. It'll be back with me tomorrow and I cannot wait. Work done by a great friend of mine from this forum. He knows who he is. It was a new watch to me a few weeks ago, in new condition. I wanted it to look very used.... Hope you all like it!
(It's available from most TD's if you search 1655 there are a few different varieties available. I opted for the Swiss ETA version but was told I could only get the 2836 Asian movement I think...)

I took a Dremel drill to this and made a real mess of it, the bracelet, the bezel, the case, the plexi... I ruined it. So the work done here really is amazing, it's not just the hands and dial. Here is the damage I did...

So massive shout out to rwi and this forum. I sold a few watches to a great guy, who just so happens to be far better with watches than I will ever be. He's transformed this into a very unique watch now that I plan to keep in my collection for at least a while.... (My collection does tend to evolve rather rapidly)

And final note, I appreciate some may think this has been over done, but it is supposedly 50 or so years old and I love the more extreme patina personally so it's really done well to me.

Reactions: WatchingTheStreets

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
I like the work on the dial, you may have gone a bit overboard on "beating it up". Nonetheless, I like it.

Reactions: Ticktock8

Invetero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/20
yeah not sure about the dremelling lol, you should try putting the watch in a bag with coins and nails and shaking it all, you'll acheive a much more natural used look

Reactions: WatchingTheStreets

jbendett

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/23
USA
Here it is. It'll be back with me tomorrow and I cannot wait. Work done by a great friend of mine from this forum. He knows who he is. It was a new watch to me a few weeks ago, in new condition. I wanted it to look very used.... Hope you all like it!
(It's available from most TD's if you search 1655 there are a few different varieties available. I opted for the Swiss ETA version but was told I could only get the 2836 Asian movement I think...)

I took a Dremel drill to this and made a real mess of it, the bracelet, the bezel, the case, the plexi... I ruined it. So the work done here really is amazing, it's not just the hands and dial. Here is the damage I did...

So massive shout out to rwi and this forum. I sold a few watches to a great guy, who just so happens to be far better with watches than I will ever be. He's transformed this into a very unique watch now that I plan to keep in my collection for at least a while.... (My collection does tend to evolve rather rapidly)

And final note, I appreciate some may think this has been over done, but it is supposedly 50 or so years old and I love the more extreme patina personally so it's really done well to me.
Would you consider selling? I would purchase if so. Please let me know.