• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Daytona v3

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Its the only thing they should get right imo.
the case makes a pretty big part of the Watch right?
anyway its an instant tell even if they make Every other part of the Watch perfect. And its not just a slight difference, they are totally off.

Meh. You might think it’s a big deal (which is fair enough) but then you get 10000s of punters like myself who dont know/care for the difference. Let’s face it, it’s a proportion of the blokes within the Daytona section on the forums that might care to familiarise themselves with the flaw....you ain’t gonna know about it unless you make a conscious effort to compare or have gen in the hands - even then you couldn’t rule out beyond zero doubt that Rolex didn’t make a short run gen variation with different case.

ARF will sell these regardless, so why double up the production costs.

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
I guess the question would be how reliable is the modified 7750 that will be in this ARF. The Chronograph may be one of those functions when I use it sparingly to avoid mishaps (which is what I read should be done for the 4130 movement anyways). If something goes wrong, I wonder which is easier to repair: a modified 7750 or a replica 4130.

If the watch looks the same on the wrist, I may be tempted to save the ~$300 with this compared to the Clean factory and save it to service the watch down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two ARF V2 (frozen chrono) delivered in December which were described as a4130. They are modified 7750 from my limited understanding. I am very happy with them, particularly for $488 and they look/feel great on the wrist. Both have gone straight to service however as I suspect the movements are filthy (believe not uncommon with ARF? ) which isn’t confidence inspiring.

I comment here just to say that it wouldn’t be the ability to use the chrono that would make me change to the Clean version, it would simply be to have a quieter movement. The rotor is quiet noisy to say the least. Not noticeable on the wrist but put it on a hard surface and you can hear it from a distance. That said my gen Speedmaster is exactly the same.

All that said I am very, very happy with my ARF’s, they look pretty spot on to me with a solid feel and represent good value by comparison. I’ll probably end up buying Clean when the quality control re: movement assembly improves but I wouldn’t ignore the ARF’s completely. As this gentleman says, the $300 difference ca; go towards servicing etc…..or another watch:thumbsup:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
FYI, the daytona is noisier than the 31XX movements because its rotor is mounted on ball bearings, just like the new 32XX movements.

So yeah, it's not a helicopter, but you can hear the rotor spinning in the genuine one when giving it a hard turn when on the wrist.

Rocket14

Known Member
22/9/21
FYI, the daytona is noisier than the 31XX movements because its rotor is mounted on ball bearings, just like the new 32XX movements.

So yeah, it's not a helicopter, but you can hear the rotor spinning in the genuine one when giving it a hard turn when on the wrist.

Thank you for the explanation, gratefully received. I suspect my watches are excessively noisy, they “sounded” dirty if that’s a thing. Sounded a bit gritty. I’ll be interested to see/hear the difference when they come back from service.

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
Not my pictures, they're from reddit, and geektime isn't TD here.
b03483c561290011e5fd6df3af25c6d7.jpg
4e33daaf4fbe6b9e4f09a2d999ec3859.jpg

Reactions: P..DR..D

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Yeah i trust Eric, then probably fake news like the noob v5 advertisement

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Case shape looks very weird and if it really is 12.5 mm with that deformed ass looking caseback then i'm gonna stfu for a full week... it looks as thick as the thumb from the pic LMAO

jPWGWE.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Keishara and Fervid

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
Mmm…should I believe which Eric or my source in China.
My source said it will come after CNY.
I haven't read too much into ARF daytona. If there's intention from the real ARF to produce a v3 then perhaps whatever this is, is simply an opportunist's doing.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Case shape looks very weird and if it really is 12.5 mm with that deformed ass looking caseback then i'm gonna stfu for a full week... it looks as thick as the thumb from the pic LMAO

Agreed, I'll be shocked if that's actually 12.5mm

Tobel

6/7/17
Mmm…should I believe which Eric or my source in China.
My source said it will come after CNY.

Maybe they're both right, there's a fake ARF and an upcoming real ARF

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
def interesting. but working sub dial? well hopefully realiable

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18

jPWGWE.png

It does look thick especially case back

Reactions: mari115

Excaleben

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/21
Oh that really is a shame would have loved to own a 116509 with the specs they called... this looks more and more like something you better stay away from. :(

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I have it on good authority that this is not an ARF release. This is some new maker using the ARF name. Fake ARF?