• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Daytona 116520 Black Actual Watch Detailed Pictures Sharing

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
So… nobody has taken into consideration that the 116520 came in what, 28 different dial versions? You need to compare all the dial variations to determine if it indeed is thicker. The gen differs between versions regarding sub dial thickness.

The thing is that the ARF v2 dial had subdials "almost" too thick, so if the CF one has subdials that are even slightly thicker than ARF it's not gonna be as good as it, and if they are the same thickness then it looks like it's not gonna an improvement really.

Hopefully we'll see some better pics soon tho

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
561adf37f7265d998dd69e5fad44bb05.jpg

…full franken

Can any knowledge members explain what kind of gen parts put in the watch can say as full Franken. Ex. Except case, bracelet and movement or what? Thanks in advance.

it seems that it has a gen APH dial…gen hands and probably even gen bezel……case and bracelet are stock but movement might has a gen balance wheel and gen bridge…..i think…not sure if the movement is hidden

Reactions: 18000rpm

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
So… nobody has taken into consideration that the 116520 came in what, 28 different dial versions? You need to compare all the dial variations to determine if it indeed is thicker. The gen differs between versions regarding sub dial thickness.

We have, and some nice people on the Rolex forum have even put together a very nice and detailed pictorial list of all black/white 116520 dial and the differences. And i can 100% surely tell you, that there has NEVER been a variation with fat subdials like you see on this sample release :)

Diplomatico

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/16
EU
IMG_7375_e.jpg
We have, and some nice people on the Rolex forum have even put together a very nice and detailed pictorial list of all black/white 116520 dial and the differences. And i can 100% surely tell you, that there has NEVER been a variation with fat subdials like you see on this sample release :)

I’m very aware of that exact photo. How about this gen 116520 chromalight dial that has quite obese subdials?

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18
IMG_7375_e.jpg

I’m very aware of that exact photo. How about this gen 116520 chromalight dial that has quite obese subdials?

It doesn't have fat subdials. look at my above pic in my previous post... Check the space of the 9 to the inner edge of the silver ring on 3 o'clock subdial.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
IMG_7375_e.jpg

Not the same, no matter how many photos you dig up :) The inner diameter of the subdial is to small on the CF, making the whole subdial apper to fat. That is not a variation that exist in gens.

Diplomatico

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/16
EU
Not the same, no matter how many photos you dig up :) The inner diameter of the subdial is to small on the CF, making the whole subdial apper to fat. That is not a variation that exist in gens.

I see what you mean, I was just looking at the outer edge.

Reactions: 2841