• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cf Pepsi or batman

GMTII Cali

Horology Curious
25/4/20
people say the latest CF Pepsi is better, isn't it?

It depends, you have to check your QC photos carefully. If you get CF watches, I would suggest to get them from Li. He has good connection with CF so you know for sure you will get gen CF watches.
Good luck!

Rubiss

19/9/21
The Batman is better. Thus is the case for all the reps. The BLRO is more difficult to replicate. The red in the bezel insert is always off. It will always be an "instatell."
The BLNR has an incorrect case, the CGs are c/w the 116710 but the dial with the coronet is c/w the 126710. And so are the longer hands . But that is something you can't really see on the wrist so peeps don't mind too much.
What I find more worrying is reports of a poor bezel construction.

Don't sweat it too much. My first and most worn rep is a GMF BLNR with an incorrect hand stack, a wrong 1 serif in the bezel insert, a crystal that sits a bit too high. It was rhe best BLNR at around the time i joined the forum. Yet I wear it most days during the week. It goes with everything. And I don't get called out, I call myself out.

Very rarely someone will say "nice watch," and i say "yeh it's a Rolex all the way from China" with a wink.
Twice in 2 years someone asked "hey is that a Rolex?" And I answered "yeh but not from Switzerland" or something like that.

I have considered upgrading a 100 times and even considered bidding on the odd Franken that shows up on m2m every now and then but haven't proceeded yet. My rep runs within 10s a day, nobody can tell it's a fake unless I tell them, why bother? Except to satisfy the inner watch nerd....

thank you for your very informative feedback

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Qu'en penses tu toi?

That you're writing - once again - in French in an English speaking forum
but yeah we know you're new and you didn't know

Last edited:

GMTII Cali

Horology Curious
25/4/20
What do you think about the photos?

I would not get it (rep Pepsi in general) unless you plan to mod it. At least baked bezel mode + either gen or Prof X-tal. There is a lot information on this forum or reddit you can reference to.

I own both gen Pepsi and Batman. The modded batman looks closer to gen than the Pepsi does.
The red color of current rep Pepsi is different than the gen in person even thought there are different gen Pepsi versions (MK1, MK2, etc)

Rubiss

19/9/21
I would not get it (rep Pepsi in general) unless you plan to mod it. At least baked bezel mode + either gen or Prof X-tal. There is a lot information on this forum or reddit you can reference to.

I own both gen Pepsi and Batman. The modded batman looks closer to gen than the Pepsi does.
The red color of current rep Pepsi is different than the gen in person even thought there are different gen Pepsi versions (MK1, MK2, etc)

I intend to modify the crystal by a gen crystal at first

Rubiss

19/9/21

I will change the crystal by a Gen

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
????????????????????

It seems that through a miracle you are back from the banned, good on you.

Now let's not restart the bad habits that got you kicked out. The 2 messages above that you quoted and replied to were from a week ago and you had already replied to them, so no need to reply again, just check the dates

Welcome back, I hope for the sake of everyone that you've learnt to better behave in the meantime

Rubiss

19/9/21
It seems that through a miracle you are back from the banned, good on you.

Now let's not restart the bad habits that got you kicked out. The 2 messages above that you quoted and replied to were from a week ago and you had already replied to them, so no need to reply again, just check the dates

Welcome back, I hope for the sake of everyone that you've learnt to better behave in the meantime

thank you for your welcome

Rubiss

19/9/21

the bezel of the Batman is crappy like the Pepsi?

​​​​​​ From what I've read it's horrible...

Rubiss

19/9/21

the bezel of the Batman is crappy like the Pepsi? From what I've read it's horrible.