• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help Datejust movement A2824

kojak008

Known Member
21/6/20
Hello
help on the a2824 movement,
I bought a rolex datejust for only 3 months, the watch loses about 1 hour a day, what do you recommend?
for you with an overhaul and a drizzle of oil for you can it be fine or do you need to replace it?

J_rwi

21/2/21
Canada
Did it lose 1 hour per day since the first day you got it?

It could be many things. It is also possible it could be magnetized or simply too dirty inside seizing the moving parts. Whatever it maybe, I suggest taking it to a watch smith. They can take a look at it to pin point the problem.

Depending on which factory your watch was assembled. As you mentioned, replacing it with an ETA would be a good upgrade to consider. Most of the well known factory watches should be drop in. You will have to double check. This is probably a more expensive route of course. Finally if you cannot handle the task, you need to find a watch smith to assist in installation as well.

Last edited:

kojak008

Known Member
21/6/20
Hello,
for 2 months it was fine then
the strange thing is that he doesn't always lose 1 hour a day, maybe for a day or two he goes perfectly then he starts to lose,

kojak008

Known Member
21/6/20
Lube. Go to a watchsmith or swap.

hi, I know a watchmaker in my city but I think he is not very familiar with these Asian movements, what can I make him do? I tell him to open it and lubricate it? how much can you ask me for a job like that?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Since it is a clone of the Swiss ETA 2824 movement, every watchmaker (yes, everyone !!) will theoretically be able to service the movement.

Now the question, do you want a major overhaul which can cost a few hundred?
For my part, I would have a free quote made.

In terms of price, it would be smart to order a replacement movement on Aliexpress, and the watchmaker should then simply replace it. That should come to a maximum of 100.

kojak008

Known Member
21/6/20
Since it is a clone of the Swiss ETA 2824 movement, every watchmaker (yes, everyone !!) will theoretically be able to service the movement.

Now the question, do you want a major overhaul which can cost a few hundred?
For my part, I would have a free quote made.

In terms of price, it would be smart to order a replacement movement on Aliexpress, and the watchmaker should then simply replace it. That should come to a maximum of 100.

ok thanks, I'll try to ask for a free quote. but if i buy a new clone movement are the date numbers attached? because the numbers I have now are beautiful while these on wings seem ugly to me, can they be exchanged?

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005...&terminal_id=09f5a8a5e4db46378db134f88ad14053