• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Submariner Reliability / Longevity

BDW21

Horology Curious
26/12/21
Hello chaps - my first post here. I’m fairly new to the rep world and really looking forward to the delivery of my VSF 126610LV, and CF 4130 Daytona 126500 and GMF Datejust 36.

As I’m new to this stuff, I’m genuinely bothered that these will fall apart or stop working within the first 6-12 months. Is this a reasonable worry or are these pretty reliable?

Cheers guys - great forum by the way, although becoming an expensive interest ????

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It's not great news buddy..

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...sf-submariners-thread?p=10386517#post10386517

This belongs to a family member. It's a VSF116610LV. It has been worn daily for about 10 months by an active young guy. I just replaced the movement because it broke when he dropped it. However, the rest of the watch has not held up very well..

The bracelet is about to fail in 3 places, it already has a broken weld between the clasp and first link and both SEL's are about to come apart from the attached links.
jBeDOL.jpg
jBLgjQ.jpg
jBLVuS.jpg

In summary, a reminder that while the VSF watch case set and movement may be among the best of it's kind, it has a rather cheap bracelet that cannot hold up to daily wear.

I don't really wear my reps, they only get an hour here and there so mine should remain in good condition, I'll wear my gens daily, they hold up much better. That's the difference.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
That said, you can always service the movement and swap out a bracelet if either fails. These may be amazing things, but they are really still cheaply and sometimes crudely made watches in some respects behind the facade.

Last edited:
Reactions: TL55Fathoms

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21

CsViking

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/11/21
i see good news in this thread for VSF if he is an activity young guy and didnt care for his watch is see not fade on the platinum numbers on the insert... after that use and also the watch fall down maybe he does some sports and thats was the results i dont see a big problem if you care your watch he may hit his watch somewere many times and maybe when the watch falls had that result this is normal i think

Reactions: StreetFighter

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The wearer was 14-15yrs old and he wore it daily for 9 months. Your mileage will vary, however say whatever you like, that would not happen to gen in lifetime of wear. I think it's a great test for thewatch, give it to someone who will wear the socks off it. That's about 2,3,4+ times the use you and I would put on it but this is what may happen if you wear it long enough.

The OP asked, this is my experience and these are the pics to show what happens after daily wear.

Last edited:
Reactions: GottaHave

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
The wearer was 14-15yrs old and he wore it daily for 9 months. Your mileage will vary, however say whatever you like, that would not happen to gen in lifetime of wear. I think it's a great test for thewatch, give it to someone who will wear the socks off it. That's about 2,3,4+ times the use you and I would put on it but this is what may happen if you wear it long enough.

The OP asked, this is my experience and these are the pics to show what happens after daily wear.

Wow a 14 to 15 year old kid wearing a rep VSF Rolex watch, not surprising he beat the hell out of the rep watch. I would never recommend a 14 year old family member to wear a rep Rolex watch.

Reactions: Snil

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I have two. 14 and 12 months old. Both like new.

CsViking

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/11/21
14-15 y old its not use you can compare.. even if he had geniue rolex we dont know how will it goes becouse how strong is the watch cant measure like that.. force doesnt work like that... think the same with water ressistans... if your watch is waterproof to 100m if you dive 100 times in 30m depth your watch will survive becouse the forces inside it from the crystal and from the back case and from the crown and from the gaskets made it easy for it to go to 30m doesnt matter how many times you will dive... tha same it is on the metal.. i have a verry rich friend who gives his rolex to his child 16 years old.. in a week he broke the crystal... they are not used to wear watches and keep them in good condition... my little brother broke his phone every year... and his phone bend becouse he sit with his phone on his pocket and the next phone fall when he played basketball... ofc everybody has his own opinion i can keep from that that the insert didnt fade with a 15 y old child use so thats huge

Reactions: Kevstah

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
14-15 y old its not use you can compare.. even if he had geniue rolex we dont know how will it goes becouse how strong is the watch cant measure like that.. force doesnt work like that... think the same with water ressistans... if your watch is waterproof to 100m if you dive 100 times in 30m depth your watch will survive becouse the forces inside it from the crystal and from the back case and from the crown and from the gaskets made it easy for it to go to 30m doesnt matter how many times you will dive... tha same it is on the metal.. i have a verry rich friend who gives his rolex to his child 16 years old.. in a week he broke the crystal... they are not used to wear watches and keep them in good condition... my little brother broke his phone every year... and his phone bend becouse he sit with his phone on his pocket and the next phone fall when he played basketball... ofc everybody has his own opinion i can keep from that that the insert didnt fade with a 15 y old child use so thats huge

I agree with you 100%, saying a rep watch won't last very long based on a 14 year old kid wearing a rep VSF Rolex for 9 months and having issues is like saying don't buy a Mercedes or BMW because when I gave a new one to my 16 year old kid, the car had all kind of problems after them driving it for 9 months. Also like saying don't buy an Apple iPhone because my 12 year old kid had problems with it after 6 months of use because it was not durable when the kid used the phone.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Fact is, the pins that hold the endlinks on the rest of the band together will or may fail, the welds too. Evidence presented above. Take it or leave it or believe these are just as well made as gen costing £2500 when reality is you can buy these rep bracelets (unstamped) for about £30, they may feel nice and solid just now but they are not very good quality in the long run.

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Fact is, the pins that hold the endlinks on the rest of the band together will or may fail, the welds too. Evidence presented above. Take it or leave it or believe these are just as well made as gen costing £2500 when reality is you can buy these rep bracelets (unstamped) for about £30, they may feel nice and solid just now but they are not very good quality in the long run.

Looks like you are the first one to post that VSF bracelets are rubbish based on a 14 year old kid wearing a VSF Rolex watch for 9 months.

Anybody else can help out with their experience for their VSF Rolex bracelets on how they have held up as it would be much appreciated.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I just replaced the movement because it broke when he dropped it.

With all due respect, will it be the only time that she fell on the floor? In my opinion speculation. I mean, if I had a clock at 3pm, what would it have been flying around? ;)
If you take care of your replica as if it were a luxury watch and not a punching ball, you will enjoy it for a long time in most cases. And otherwise, there are spare parts.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Looks like you are the first one to post that VSF bracelets are rubbish based on a 14 year old kid wearing a VSF Rolex watch for 9 months.

Anybody else can help out with their experience for their VSF Rolex bracelets on how they have held up as it would be much appreciated.

Nobody else has the test pilot, a 15yr old is a great example of a few years of wear condensed into a few months?

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
With all due respect, will it be the only time that she fell on the floor? In my opinion speculation. I mean, if I had a clock at 3pm, what would it have been flying around? ;)
If you take care of your replica as if it were a luxury watch and not a punching ball, you will enjoy it for a long time in most cases. And otherwise, there are spare parts.

Yes it was the first time he dropped it, he dropped it after only about 3 days. he wore it for 9 months not able to tell the time. Kids..

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
I had a friend who bought a gen 16610, I was there at the AD for it. Then took it to Costa Rica. Rode his dirt bike/quad with it daily. Watch fell apart pretty fast. Both the bracelet and the movement went. Gen Sub are solid but not bulletproof and they will fall apart eventually if you push them enough.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Last thing to note, whether you see the wear scenario above as extreme or not or agree or not, I don't think you can place too much confidence in your rep bracelet that it isn't going to fail if you fall over or whack it against a door frame. A JF Sub fell of my wrist for no reason, didn't even bump it, failed at the end link just like the VSF above and that was $500 rep like the VSF. I just share my experience.
Thanks.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

CsViking

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/11/21
Nobody else has the test pilot, a 15yr old is a great example of a few years of wear condensed into a few months?
you don’t look to understand anything you can’t get a 15 y old for example that doesn’t show anything we said 2 ppl that and you don’t get it … you can’t compare the 9 months use of 14 y old kid with adult serious use even a 50 years of use … it’s like houses if every year an earthquake 2 richter comes a house should hold for 100 years?? And if one earthquake 7 richter only one can destroy the house you can’t compare forces it’s simple metals of the watch can handle for example 20kg if you stretch the bracelet with 20kg then it will fail that’s the limits … if you force it every day with 200 grams the watch never fail never broke so an adult who care the watch will force every day 200 grams and the 14 years old will stretch it accidentally with 30kg and the watch will fail … how you can compare those things??? And let me tell you buy a watch not replica just a Swiss watch 1000 euros or 1000 dollars whatever you like they are so bad … replica made in China if those replica was made the same quality in Swiss their price would be 3 times more this reps are better than most watches under 1000 dollars so don’t tell it’s 30dollars quality it’s not I have seiko Hamilton a lot of watches they are far lower
I’m civil engineering and think that the metals in your house has forces for ever from the building is it fail? Does your house fall? You need to pass the limit … if you care your watch and don’t stretch the bracelet with height forces the only reason to fail is with Tarnish or something happen to metal and that need a lot of time and as they said the metals is 904l and blah blah …. The watch failed becouse this kid pass the limits of the metals and if you not go close to the limits this watch may live for 60 years it’s simple

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
you don’t look to understand anything you can’t get a 15 y old for example that doesn’t show anything we said 2 ppl that and you don’t get it … you can’t compare the 9 months use of 14 y old kid with adult serious use even a 50 years of use … it’s like houses if every year an earthquake 2 richter comes a house should hold for 100 years?? And if one earthquake 7 richter only one can destroy the house you can’t compare forces it’s simple metals of the watch can handle for example 20kg if you stretch the bracelet with 20kg then it will fail that’s the limits … if you force it every day with 200 grams the watch never fail never broke so an adult who care the watch will force every day 200 grams and the 14 years old will stretch it accidentally with 30kg and the watch will fail … how you can compare those things??? And let me tell you buy a watch not replica just a Swiss watch 1000 euros or 1000 dollars whatever you like they are so bad … replica made in China if those replica was made the same quality in Swiss their price would be 3 times more this reps are better than most watches under 1000 dollars so don’t tell it’s 30dollars quality it’s not I have seiko Hamilton a lot of watches they are far lower
I’m civil engineering and think that the metals in your house has forces for ever from the building is it fail? Does your house fall? You need to pass the limit … if you care your watch and don’t stretch the bracelet with height forces the only reason to fail is with Tarnish or something happen to metal and that need a lot of time and as they said the metals is 904l and blah blah …. The watch failed becouse this kid pass the limits of the metals and if you not go close to the limits this watch may live for 60 years it’s simple

OK. But I have first hand experience here. In my experience, the bracelet may fail. You can write a book on the matter if you desire.