• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen 97JB00 vs VSF 97JB00 - 126610 Bracelet Comparison

Gaz1a

Franken Monster
Patron
Certified
6/4/21
LAX
Hi gang,

I am a bit OCD for my bracelets when it comes to my builds. I recently had a chance to purchase a portion of the new 97JB00 bracelet from Chrono24 and I thought it may be useful to do a direct comparison with the VSF 97JB00. Gen is always going to be gen. Even TC bracelets were close... but not that close! Obviously for the common rep owner - if they can't see it they won't be concerned and rightly so. But what I've noticed with gen bracelets vs rep bracelets is the feel and the finishing - edges, markings, etc - all obvious I know. But just thought I'd lay this out before I get going with my comparison.

However, my first impressions when doing this comparison suggest that for this VSF 126 series, I think it's basically 90% identical to gen - brushing, look, feel, weight.

jldPln.jpg
jldTF3.jpg

There are however some notable differences once you start looking properly.
1. the SELs are slightly different sizes - the gen differences are marked.
2. the engravings are richer on gen - always the case - nothing new here
3. the spring bar hole is smaller on gen

jldLQQ.jpg
jldefL.jpg

The middle SEL is more pronounced on gen and is cut sharper, the ridge is slightly taller. On the VSF SELs, the middle part is flatter and has a slightly different brushing texture which makes it duller in appearance and color.

jldd2s.jpg

Besides that, I will leave it to all of you to decipher and pick out any differences/similarities you can see. These were quick observations that I made today. I'm excited for 97JB00 bracelets to start making their way into the M2M forum sales on RWI and elsewhere next year as ADs are able to order directly for customers. So, I'm sure one or two will pop up for sale.

Hope this is useful and helpful.
​​​​​​​
G

Reactions: Conrado

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
nice in depth review! thank you ;)

a worthy contender for this gen bracelet would be clean in my opinion, would love to see the same kind of review versus that! many vsf owners have swapped to the clean bracelet for a better fliplock and SELs

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The real difference lies where you cannot see. The pins that hold your VSF bracelet together are very low quality. The welds that join the clasp to bracelet are similar poor quality. The VSF bracelet will not stand up to daily wear.

Here is a 9 month old VSF116610 worn daily (by a 15yr old). It has snapped pins at both endlinks and a broken weld on the clasp. This is ready to fall off a wrist.

You can wear a Rolex for a lifetime and that won't happen, this is the difference. Rep bracelets are not made to withstand daily wear.

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
27/12/12
I have a CF 97JB00 enroute, I’ll try to do something similar with my VS.

Great comparison! Were you able to get both SEL sides or just the one?

I bet that wasn’t cheap….

Gaz1a

Franken Monster
Patron
Certified
6/4/21
LAX
The real difference lies where you cannot see. The pins that hold your VSF bracelet together are very low quality. The welds that join the clasp to bracelet are similar poor quality. The VSF bracelet will not stand up to daily wear.

Here is a 9 month old VSF116610 worn daily (by a 15yr old). It has snapped pins at both endlinks and a broken weld on the clasp. This is ready to fall off a wrist.

You can wear a Rolex for a lifetime and that won't happen, this is the difference. Rep bracelets are not made to withstand daily wear.

Yes I’ve read and heard the same, very valid point mate:

Good thing I bought a bunch of extra VSF bands from a TD earlier this year :)

Gaz1a

Franken Monster
Patron
Certified
6/4/21
LAX
I have a CF 97JB00 enroute, I’ll try to do something similar with my VS.

Great comparison! Were you able to get both SEL sides or just the one?

I bet that wasn’t cheap….

Ah nice - did you buy separately from a TD? I may get one and do a follow up as has been suggested.

No only one side - I wish I had gotten my hands on the other side but as I said these will start popping up more frequently now. It wasn’t cheap, but it wasn’t too much that I couldn’t stomach it :)

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Amazing comparison buddy thanks.

This gap looks identical.. and some dude thought it looked like a fish supper because he thought the gap was too big and sold it.. and there it is exactly the same lol. rofl etc.

Reactions: mandipan

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
27/12/12

It’s pretty spot on for what it is.

The glidelock is the weak point for me.

Differences:

The middle part on the clasp above the fliplock isn’t as raised.

The “half moon” finger hole is a little larger.

Other small details but not a bad bracelet & clasp at all.

Gaz1a

Franken Monster
Patron
Certified
6/4/21
LAX
Yeah wow. Incredible comparison and add on to this thread [mention]ForecastMax [/mention]

VSF really nailed it with the 126 series!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Has anyone ever tried to replace the springbars ? I measure only 1,5 mm of thickness. Thats pretty thin...

rastaboy_2006

Known Member
21/8/19
@StreetFighter because of you sir, i have now decided to get both 114060 and 116610ln VSF. i already have no date and now ordering the date sub. want to ask your opinion, do you think rehaut polishing by a modder would add value and will make it closer to gen? what do you think sir?