• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner No Date VSF 114060

Pazz

Horology Curious
18/12/20
what do you think? can you give us your opinion?

First impressions it's a very nice sub OOTB, having owned an 116610 VSF sub previously this one feels about the same. Unscrewing the crown and winding is smooth, the movement is silent, bezel action is nice with very minimal amount of play, dial looks crisp and the hands look better (not as flat) than I remember. Currently soaking the bracelet in oil but clasp felt nice to open and close and glidelock didn't feel rough to use.

I opened up the caseback so I could lube the gaskets before I put it in my pressure tester and it felt a bit gritty when screwing it off and back on. Unfortunately it seems to have a leak somewhere around the crystal, not a lot but enough for there to be a slow stream of bubbles appearing after releasing all pressure. Those are the only two minor issues so far which aren't too difficult to deal with. Overall I'm satisified. :)

nnt33

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/9/15
Just received the watch!
Quite happy with it!
SEL is not as deep as I would like it to be and crown in rehaut slightly misaligned (I care about the crown more than the letters and numbers) but still very acceptable as I know gen sometimes has slightly misalignment there too.
Overall very happy with the service from Li and the watch of course !

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
Just received the watch!
Quite happy with it!
SEL is not as deep as I would like it to be and crown in rehaut slightly misaligned (I care about the crown more than the letters and numbers) but still very acceptable as I know gen sometimes has slightly misalignment there too.

The movement?

Elno38

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
30/7/19
EU
I’ll add gen: bezel, dial, hands, crystal and crown to bring it to 99.9% ;-)

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
I’ll add gen: bezel, dial, hands, crystal and crown to bring it to 99.9% ;-)

Some franken words of advice I wish I knew to save yourself some cash:
-if changing crown (not necessary) make sure you add gen tube so it screws down close to case otherwise there is a slight gap
-no need to change VS crystal on a 114060
-no need to change bezel/insert

Jerrix96

Known Member
26/11/21
Italy
Just received the watch!
Quite happy with it!

Very good looking piece! Yes, the crown in rehaut seems a little bit disaligned, but only if you know that you will notice, otherwise seems perfect :D

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Within the 10 hours i tested it, very accurate. I’ll check when it’s at 24 hours but so far so good.

Bear in mind, when Rolex movements are COSC tested to within 2secs per day, they are tested in a number of positions to come to that average.

If you just leave your automatic movement still in a box, it'll keep different time than when it is on your wrist, or if it is laying with the crown down or up or with the crystal face up or face down.

You can actually speed up or slow down your Rolex by resting it crown up or down overnight to pick up or loose a few seconds.

My point is, if you are trying to see how much time your watch loses or gains per day (from COSC spec) you need to consider your test conditions. Dont just leave it still in a box, and don't just wear it and sit at a desk all day being idle for example because you will get a false reading.

Reactions: Matteo1989

nnt33

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/9/15
Bear in mind, when Rolex movements are COSC tested to within 2secs per day, they are tested in a number of positions to come to that average.

If you just leave your automatic movement still in a box, it'll keep different time than when it is on your wrist, or if it is laying with the crown down or up or with the crystal face up or face down.

You can actually speed up or slow down your Rolex by resting it crown up or down overnight to pick up or loose a few seconds.

My point is, if you are trying to see how much time your watch loses or gains per day (from COSC spec) you need to consider your test conditions. Dont just leave it still in a box, and don't just wear it and sit at a desk all day being idle for example because you will get a false reading.

Yeah I’ve figured that it definitely gives you a different time depending on where and what condition it sits in, at least with my 116670 and others. So to be fair comparing it to my others, I have it in a watch winder box which winds every 3 hours.
I had a look earlier but I haven’t compared it yet to my smart watch, but it is looking very good so far. Probably the best out of all my reps so far.

So great news to everyone getting their hands on this one!